The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Eavnin. Quick check in. Fuel pump failed on the dyno. Cost me $300 in dyno time. Should get a break on the next dyno after I fix this breakdown. Later.
Sorry to hear that, was hoping you had a winner this time. At some point you'll have all the gremlins out, hope this was the last one. That's another thing I like about EVO's, gravity never fails.

Hmm, dormant brain cell retrieved a memory... back in the '80's, ex had a mechanical fuel pump fail after 10 pm in Phoenix. Was able to coast into a closed gas station, at least. Called me, went there with a tool box, had spark, no gas, got an electric pump at an all night car parts place, just cut the rubber fuel line near the carb, plugged in the 'lectric, direct wired it to the battery, drove home. That 'lectric werked so well all I did was rewire it so it only came on with the ignition, still there when I junked the car years later.

Originally Posted by skidder
Mornin Al.
It stopped snowing but there's a lot of downed trees on the streets in my neighbourhood.
Hoping we'll get a nice Indian summer.
But the important thing - did they salt the roads? That's end of summer and riding for me. Unless I can find a trailer and truck to pull it. In my budget...

Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Must be that heavy wet, white stuff, eh? Keep it. My heart doc says no shoveling for me!
I've lost count of how many times I was sooo careful - and got a sore back anyway. Hmm, maybe I oughta put some gas in the blower and make sure it's running ok. Poor thing's about worn out, rusting too, let's see, got it in the winter of 89-90... 24 years old? Quit running 2 or 3 years ago, went through the carb and then started usually on first pull since. Starts so easy, I don't bother with plugging in the 'lectric.

Not enough room for all the daughter's stuf, so she got a storage room for some of it. Put her big John Deere snow blower in the back. Wimen think different than we do...

One thing I didn't figure on, moving to a cul de sac circle, the trucks spread salt at a steady pace, and when they slow for the circle, it really piles up. Then the plow pushes that slop onto the end of the driveway; poor snowblower sure gets a salt bath then. But I ain't about to try moving a pile of heavy salted snow 3' deep with a plastic shovel so nuttin rusts...

Old 09-11-2014, 08:28 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Mornin putzes
I'm with Mark haven't got a thing

BUT the minute I do I'll let you know

News

Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Mornin Herb.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 AM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I've lost count of how many times I was sooo careful - and got a sore back anyway. Hmm, maybe I oughta put some gas in the blower and make sure it's running ok. Poor thing's about worn out, rusting too, let's see, got it in the winter of 89-90... 24 years old? Quit running 2 or 3 years ago, went through the carb and then started usually on first pull since. Starts so easy, I don't bother with plugging in the 'lectric.

Not enough room for all the daughter's stuf, so she got a storage room for some of it. Put her big John Deere snow blower in the back. Wimen think different than we do...

One thing I didn't figure on, moving to a cul de sac circle, the trucks spread salt at a steady pace, and when they slow for the circle, it really piles up. Then the plow pushes that slop onto the end of the driveway; poor snowblower sure gets a salt bath then. But I ain't about to try moving a pile of heavy salted snow 3' deep with a plastic shovel so nuttin rusts...
Sounds like you live down the street !! Da UP is the same ! Ended up buying a new blower last year since the old simplicity rusted out and quit so I went with an ariens !

Old 09-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,741 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Best thing I ever did was bought a Bobcat for the heavy snow and a rotary brush for the garden tractor for the light stuff. Only thing I lift now is my butt off the seat....

Old 09-11-2014, 12:30 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
Best thing I ever did was bought a Bobcat for the heavy snow and a rotary brush for the garden tractor for the light stuff. Only thing I lift now is my butt off the seat....
My wife keeps putting the nix on me buying a bobcat. Says it is more practical to just pay some guy to do it. Seeing as we don't really get that much snow, I know she is right, but where is the fun in that?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:35 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
My wife keeps putting the nix on me buying a bobcat. Says it is more practical to just pay some guy to do it. Seeing as we don't really get that much snow, I know she is right, but where is the fun in that?
Did you show her the full line of bobcat attachments? You can use the auger for ice fishing.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:38 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Did you show her the full line of bobcat attachments? You can use the auger for ice fishing.
I sure did, Mark. She thought the auger wouldn't do me any good on the bottom of the lake.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,741 Likes on 1,668 Posts

We put more hours on the bobcat in the summer than the winter - always someone wanting dirt moved, willing to pay to have my boy move it.