The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:49 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Mornin. Bout to hit the road so later as well.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:11 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Just checked on line..only 4x, 5x and 6x..you sure about xl?
I'm not sure I could shrink a 6xl to fit!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM
scoteh
Club Member

We dodged the evil storms yesterday. They mostly went to the north of us. Today looks to be a stormy one all day. Currently 79* an 86% humidity. Highs in the 60's before the weekend.

I will be sending this stuff to the east, so ya'll might want to keep that in mind! hehehe

Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I'm not sure I could shrink a 6xl to fit!
Maybe hang it on front porch like a flag....

Old 09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Mornin, y'all. Soaking wet here, but as long as it's not white, I don't mind.

Daughter Audrey has to get used to this school stuff with the little guy. She's a boss and doesn't often worry about getting there at a particular minute, but the school bus doesn't wait. Wouldn't have had any breakfast if I hadn't done the cooking this morning. Rest of the day is mine, I like that. If I had to punch a time clock or swipe a badge every morning again, or squat in an abandoned farm house in Nebraska... I think I could get used to Nebraska. Hope things never get bad enough she ever has to do that, kinda nice that every once in a while she'll say, nuttin urgent today, I'll werk from home. I shoulda got a job like that, woulda been a lot more pleasant 36 years than the airlines were. Didn't particularly like airlines from the get go, but once I wus there, it paid sooo much better than anything else I could find. For about 10 years, and then the paycuts started...

Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Gonna be cool for a while. I like that. Supposed to get back in the 70's next week.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Weather Underground, Moldy? I recommend them to everyone. Lots of good local pro weather systems out there. Kenny has a pretty good one, but he hasn't linked himself to the net.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow. Dark blue must've cost a lot more'n black; mine's black where this one's blue, only difference, same year even. But it's got almost 6,000 miles less than mine, guess that more'n doubles the price... even when it needs a tuneup...

This one's not far, bigger motor, better carbs, electric start (still has a kicker), dual seat, sidecar front end (mine's just a standard solo Ural on the rider's side), and dual wheel drive (no sidecar drive on mine). Probly don't need a tuneup, either. Be nice to have the sturdier rig, but I wanted to play with a cheap one first. That guy in Florida might be dreaming... but who knows, some folks pay a lot more for a bike with the front fender missing, half the back one chopped off, and a bicycle seat on it, rattle canned flat black.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
Weather Underground, Moldy? I recommend them to everyone. Lots of good local pro weather systems out there. Kenny has a pretty good one, but he hasn't linked himself to the net.
Yep, lot of details, seems more accurate than weather.com - that one can be way off. TV weather is kinda like, take your pick, can be cloudy, sprinkles, or a big T-storm on the same day. They love to predict snow up here; if we got every inch they predicted, the house would be buried by February or March. Mebbe that's why the roads occasionally get pre-salted for storms, and then it's sunny that day...

Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Yep, lot of details, seems more accurate than weather.com - that one can be way off. TV weather is kinda like, take your pick, can be cloudy, sprinkles, or a big T-storm on the same day. They love to predict snow up here; if we got every inch they predicted, the house would be buried by February or March. Mebbe that's why the roads occasionally get pre-salted for storms, and then it's sunny that day...
I gotta agree. WU is my goto site for "I really need to know" weather. I hope to have a new system sometime early next year. I'm going to try to talk my sister into mounting the unit in her yard. They are on top of the hill with much more open space, which will give more accurate anemometer readings. Her own console may be the price I have to pay.