The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
UH...good idea, but how do I shift or play with the stereo on the bike with that thing on?
Hmmmm, gonna hafta build a bigger bike, maybe Ken can help ya.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,613 Likes on 2,868 Posts

the american way....bigger,better.....

Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
last few times at a couple harley joints, I was offered top dollar and then some for a trade in deal......but I ain't buying w/out the cash or the means to pay off the loan........it's as simple as that.
...that's almost Unamerican .....now it's just.......

Year or so ago, I was in owner's office at Harley dealer, talking about how few people actually pay cash for a bike. He's telling me how often people will come in and say " I want a Harley and I can afford X Dollars a month, what can I get". A little while later , the salesman comes in with a credit app on a kid who wants a StreetBob...he runs the app and the kid is APPROVED for a loan...at 21% !!!!!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Hmmmm, gonna hafta build a bigger bike, maybe Ken can help ya.
Nah...he won't put a stereo or a 12V outlet for heated gear on it. Probably won't even paint it yeller, either.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
...that's almost Unamerican .....now it's just.......

Year or so ago, I was in owner's office at Harley dealer, talking about how few people actually pay cash for a bike. He's telling me how often people will come in and say " I want a Harley and I can afford X Dollars a month, what can I get". A little while later , the salesman comes in with a credit app on a kid who wants a StreetBob...he runs the app and the kid is APPROVED for a loan...at 21% !!!!!
thats about the same time you took delivery of yours.........but you're not at 21% apr are you?.....neither would I. I have excellant credit now, and can write my own loan.....btu my werk slims out for a few month's in winter and I'd rather not be burdened with more debt regardless of the deal.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Heat wave broke, house is in the 60's this morning, feels good. I'm outta sync with most of you guys, buncha early birds, but I sure ain't.

If ya read back... otherwise I'm writin to meself...

Originally Posted by ultracan
I don't put much bling on my bike. I would rather use that money for gas that flash!
Harley handlebars and titty grips for the Ural are about as close to bling as I get...

Fear is the biggest factor. I wish that I had someone to show me once. That is all that I would need is to see it once.
I am sure that you can do it if you can do a car. Same principals apply.
Originally Posted by gamble71
yeah, but I hate bein that guy who has to bring it to someone else because I'm not quite sure what I did wrong Like you, just need to see it once, then I'm golden
Some good utube videos on about everything Harley. Sure easier than cars, the newer ones anyway. My first engine rebuild was a 283 in a '67 Impala. No book, no experience below the carb, barely enough tools. It ran pretty decent after.

I watched some guys put a gearbox on a 757 engine once, hadn't done it before, didn't know where or what special tools to use, so made do with a steel pipe and a couple two by fours to lever it into position. Thought it sure was a good thing 757's have two engines... unless those guys put a gearbox on the other one, too... Of course, the FAA makes sure airlines are safe...

I love Arizona. Can't wait to start spending the winters there again. What great riding there is around there.
Don't care for Phoenix or Tuscon traffic, but miss riding the rest of the state.

Originally Posted by JW1200
Salt River Canyon, looks like the ****!
That dirt road part winding along the edge of the cliffs is one of the most extreme roads I've ever been on. Awesome. Some of the rusted cars at the bottom of those cliffs were real antiques...

Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Yuuup.... tried some one arm sandblasting yesterday on my frame.... that sucked! I have to rely on help I guess.....
Temps down, humadity not so bad, mebbe if the little guy (here again) lets me, I could get back to the sidecar today. He's too small for a mask or I'd let him blast a little.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

huh....

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocket23
I need to count my blessings, she only got c/support.....I kept my pension,no alimony......
as for the pain waking up was tough, rolling over even worse. But the pain has eased a bit from this morning.....really think I just got use to it. Pain is off to the right , above the back of the pelvis.so I doubt it's a slipped disc.......I've had this pain before 'bout the 5th mebbe 6th time in my life anyways. Heard it was one of the curses left over in our DNA from walking upright......who knows.
Mine was usually left, few times bad enough I had trouble walking 'cause the left leg dint wanna move. Found out if I pushed a fist hard into my back, between the spine and top of the hip, it relieved the pressure somehow and I could walk. All twisted up with that arm behind me... Going in to werk one day the foot just suddenly acted like it wus screwed to the floor, so I had to do the fist thing past probly near 100 peeps, got some looks... Ya kinda limp walking like that, too. Them bad backs are just a misery.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
No new Harleys. I go down to Surdyke's and look once in a while, but walk out less interested than when I walked in.
If I ever think about selling the old EVO, all I gotta do is look at new ones to decide it's a keeper. They're prettier, kind of like younger wimen are prettier, but are they worth the money?