The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

^^^^ yeah, don't make me send her up there......

Old 08-24-2014, 08:54 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by mskrwould
Take the mecclizzine...
Yep...took some yesterday and this morning.. don't think I'm supposed to take it all the time, just as needed. Have a first class Rehab Hospital up here that has a Balance clinic. Going to pull some strings to get me in there QUICK.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:55 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Shower time then stuff to do.... later!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 AM
mskrwould
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BARACU
Yep...took some yesterday and this morning.. don't think I'm supposed to take it all the time, just as needed. Have a first class Rehab Hospital up here that has a Balance clinic. Going to pull some strings to get me in there QUICK.
No, you shouldn't be taking it everydAy like you would take a daily vitamin, but you should be taking it every day of a flare-up... Until the flare-up subsides... Balance Clinic is an excellent idea. Good luck!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Argh, wireless router the daughter bought quit on me yesterday. Couldn't get it to work, even for direct wire streaming (sits next to the Roku). Dug out the old one (my pack rat tendencies come in handy occasionally) and it worked direct wire right away. Thing always was a pita to connect wirelessly, and didn't disappoint, over an hour of fiddling to get it going. Old one is way faster anyway, but daughter's Apple doesn't like it, now I'll hafta get another one.

Originally Posted by ultracan
Went to the local "BikeFest" yesterday. Took me a whole 15 minutes to walk around!
Couple three years ago, went to a show and you could look at all of em in 3 or 4 steps. This is about the most boring place I've ever lived. Wasn't for the bikes and toys in the house, I'd be bored outta my mind.

Originally Posted by krwould
My buddy welded my frame up yesterday.... now I have to sand blast it, do some filler were and get it off to the powder coater....
My old Sears blaster never wus very good, kinda fell apart, got a new one at Harbor Freight, werks decent, but came with a warning not to use sand. Says it ain't healthy... wth, I wear a dust mask anyway, sand werks pretty good. I got some aluminum oxide, too, and that werks pretty good, just not as fast. Doesn't rough up the metal like sand can, though. HF chinese stuf seems better'n Sears chinese stuf. Got about half done on that sidecar tub, and the humidity got too high to paint, 'fraid it'll blush. Gonna wait till it dries a bit, might be this coming week, wanna paint soon as the metal's clean. Trying to winterize the grudge so I can do some serious get em running werk on the bikes this winter, won't have the kid around days anymore, gonna be in school and other grandparent's taking care of that.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by mskrwould
No, you shouldn't be taking it everydAy like you would take a daily vitamin, but you should be taking it every day of a flare-up... Until the flare-up subsides... Balance Clinic is an excellent idea. Good luck!
Yep...there's also a Dr. who specializes in this in the area. I wasn't that concerned after the first episode a month ago, since it could have been a one-time occurence. But now I have to address it soon. Supposed to continue my aborted NH trip in less than two weeks.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Reading an article on E15 gas, says cages older'n 2001 and small engines like motorsickles might have problems with it, get a check engine light even if it doesn't hurt anything. Don't know why it would hurt a carbed bike (less power and gas mileage, though), but the efi, especially earlier ones, on Harleys might have an issue with it. About everything I read about ethanol seems like it's spending $100 to save 10, and polluting a ton to save a few pounds. Biggest effect probably comes from the production and spreading of the millions of pounds of bug, weed, and fertilizer chemicals used to grow the extra corn. It's all E10 up here now, and that sure cuts gas mileage noticeably. Oh yeah, them "mix" pumps can have up to a third gallon of the previous gas in em, Guvment's thinking about requiring warning stickers on mix pumps saying for cars and trucks only.

"The EPA initially considered heading off this potential issue by imposing a requirement that E10 customers purchase a minimum of four gallons of gas at stations using blender pumps that dispense E10 and E15 through the same hose, but that proposal has since been dropped in favor of requiring labeling on blender pumps stating that such pumps are solely for passenger cars and trucks."

Guvment says not use it in motorcycles? Hmm...

Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Good morning Ken. Hope your wife is holding up OK with yer illness. Mary woulda kilt me by now LOL. Hey Barracu, sorry ya go mensderriere disease. You should go to a prroctologist. Hi Oldy, still jealous of the hack, Buster wants me to get one. Survived my 40th High Skrewl reunion last night. Smokin George Winters showed up on the Hammond with the old high school band mates and they rocked (Google him). Got my mufflers (Kerkers) back on, they sound great now that I put the restrictor pipe they came with back in, and we are now a Babylock dealer. Tell yer wife! Going to school this week so a vacation for me. Haven't tried riding across the country since the latest issue but if I took my time.... BTW they did play Magic Carpet Ride! Awsome night...

Old 08-24-2014, 02:08 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,612 Likes on 2,867 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Good morning Ken. Hope your wife is holding up OK with yer illness. Mary woulda kilt me by now LOL. Hey Barracu, sorry ya go mensderriere disease. You should go to a prroctologist. Hi Oldy, still jealous of the hack, Buster wants me to get one. Survived my 40th High Skrewl reunion last night. Smokin George Winters showed up on the Hammond with the old high school band mates and they rocked (Google him). Got my mufflers (Kerkers) back on, they sound great now that I put the restrictor pipe they came with back in, and we are now a Babylock dealer. Tell yer wife! Going to school this week so a vacation for me. Haven't tried riding across the country since the latest issue but if I took my time.... BTW they did play Magic Carpet Ride! Awsome night...
huh......guess that covers it.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:37 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,056 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Yep...there's also a Dr. who specializes in this in the area. I wasn't that concerned after the first episode a month ago, since it could have been a one-time occurence. But now I have to address it soon. Supposed to continue my aborted NH trip in less than two weeks.
Sorry to hear your dizziness came back Al. I think you problee have something different that I did. Mine was everyday for about 3 months , but it has been getting better, slowly but surly .
After 1 Cat scan and 2 MRI's , The 3 doctors couldn't find anything wrong.
I then had to go out of town to a doctor to do a special Dizzy Test, they Hooked up electrodes around my I eyes and then did a series of test with my eyes closed . The results of that test was Yep I'm dizzy.
So any way Good Luck Al.