The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Then they wonder why some men quit their jobs and go live in a travel trailer in the Ozarks...

Doesn't amaze me, they don't even bother trimming trees limbs from power lines around here, strong winds and the power goes out.
So, that's where all those folks come from!

Our local utility had to learn the hard way that putting off tree trimming costs way much more later. And, pisses everyone off. One ice storm = 2 weeks without. One straight-line summer storm = 10 days without. The cost in overtime and out-of-state crews was staggering.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Leaving Southern California today, be headin back to Dennys for a night.
Be safe and tell them, "Hello!"

Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Naaaaa. He is a pretty good guy. It took him about 10 years of Julia leaving him for me, but we are buddies now.
Same deal with my daughters old step dad, we became good friends because of the common bond of being tortured by the same woman! Now her new step dad is a different matter, he is a dentist who left his wife and 10 kids for my ex. There was that one thing about her that was great..... I've never met him but I hear he's "cautious" about meeting me.... Everyone thinks that's funny. I wonder what they're telling him...

Old 08-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

My new Makita 18V drill set got here. Cheaper to get a drill with 2 batteries and charger than just two batteries. One of my first pair quit charging, and I use that drill more than any other power tool. The new drill is a little smaller, nothing wrong with that, and the charger doesn't make a lot of noise like the first one. Amazing that it's $50 cheaper to get a drill with the batteries than just the batteries. Should be handy having two drills sometimes, too. I'd say I spend too much on tools, but I would spend a lot more to pay someone else to use theirs.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:21 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
My new Makita 18V drill set got here. Cheaper to get a drill with 2 batteries and charger than just two batteries. One of my first pair quit charging, and I use that drill more than any other power tool. The new drill is a little smaller, nothing wrong with that, and the charger doesn't make a lot of noise like the first one. Amazing that it's $50 cheaper to get a drill with the batteries than just the batteries. Should be handy having two drills sometimes, too. I'd say I spend too much on tools, but I would spend a lot more to pay someone else to use theirs.
got a link?, one a my batteries wont hold a charge and the b/d drill just hasn't got the ''umpf'' to drill stainless.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
got a link?, one a my batteries wont hold a charge and the b/d drill just hasn't got the ''umpf'' to drill stainless.
Wow, they're out of stock already.
http://www.cpooutlets.com/makita-lxf...&prefv1=Makita

Here's all their drills.
http://www.cpooutlets.com/drills/drills,default,sc.html

There are some on Amazon a little more than I paid with shipping ($146). Hmm, battery prices have come down recently.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Several brands feel good, but the deciding factor for me was the availability of Makita batteries; other brands I've had in the past redesign the batteries when new models come out and often discontinue the old style; the battery style might last long enough for one replacement, and then you throw the tool away and buy a newer style. Then I go and buy another tool anyway... but at least the batteries work in both of them. You can get batteries for Makita tools over 20 years old.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Checkin' in....got hit with the weeblewobble vertigo, again. Been laid out all day...

Old 08-20-2014, 03:46 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Checkin' in....got hit with the weeblewobble vertigo, again. Been laid out all day...
Good grief..... stick yer tongue out and say awwwwww..... then fart...

Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Hold a finger in one ear.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:17 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Hold a finger in one ear.
Hmmm... Ol says you could tell a lot from someones breath... I know I farted one night and she thought I died in my sleep!