The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:23 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

I do find it hard to understand that anyone could criticize the police for releasing a tape of the victim robbing a store the same day as it definitely speaks as to his mindset and it tells me they were on the ball with their investigation. He is a thug and should be dealt with as such.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:26 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Ok...I won't...but ,let me ask you....is there anything left to loot and burn?

Gotta go...need flowers for our anniversary...41 yrs...what a lucky woman!
Nope! But, I was thinking of opening a liquor store there. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Originally Posted by dennyo
Sorry to hear that Scot, Thoughts and Prayers.
Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Morning all, hope everything works out with the Father In Law Scot.
Thanks Denny and Mark, and you too Moldy. These things happen, and are never any fun. Step-MIL's kids called Chris so she could tell her dad. Between her mom having Alzheimer's and flip-flopping with her health, and her dad and his wife, things have been rough on Chris for a while. So, of course, I have to worry about her.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Hadda commission job for nearly a year during a long layoff back in the 80's, made something over 7 grand in 5 days once. But you could go a month with nothing, too. Was a raise for me getting back on the hourly wage, based on annual income. Also, zero, nada, no kind of benefits on the commission stuff. Commission usually means talking somebody into spending money they'd rather spend on something else, not something I'm suited for.
Sold orthopedic implants for 16 years...no salary, no benefits, no car, no expenses...basically, a sub contractor for a company. Told Drs. how to do surgery....knowledge and service were the keys to makin' money and I made GREAT money in the 80's and early 90's. My "company car" that I provided and wrote off for taxes was a 911 Porsche.

Originally Posted by Imold
Eventually you won't lose any more. I only have two uncles left that are older than me. Ex's parents died a lot sooner than mine. One of the things I liked about my daughter's ex, had a big extended family here and in Switzerland; she would have had a big family for decades. Doesn't have much now, and she's only 30. Ain't just family, well over half the people I've known aren't around any more, miss a lot of them.
Had dinner on Sat. with some friends from Jersey. He's Swiss. Whole family from the states is going over for a BIG family reunion to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the building of the family homestead, which some still live in.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
I do find it hard to understand that anyone could criticize the police for releasing a tape of the victim robbing a store the same day as it definitely speaks as to his mindset and it tells me they were on the ball with their investigation. He is a thug and should be dealt with as such.
It is a freakin' mess. There is a video with a witness in the background stating that the kid turned around and charged back at the cop, just as the wounds might dictate. That big of person charging at me, hands up or in his pants, is gonna get shot if I have a weapon. I am not a huge fan of the police, they have a tough job to do, but I am much less of a fan of thugs, murderers, and thieves.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
scoteh
Club Member

I like Swiss cheese.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I like Swiss cheese.
Yuck...mice live in there....

Attached Thumbnails Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI-cheese.jpg  
Old 08-18-2014, 12:05 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

yawn....scratch....sniff......yup a nutter drinking thread on the chat side.....

Old 08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Sold orthopedic implants for 16 years...no salary, no benefits, no car, no expenses...basically, a sub contractor for a company. Told Drs. how to do surgery....knowledge and service were the keys to makin' money and I made GREAT money in the 80's and early 90's. My "company car" that I provided and wrote off for taxes was a 911 Porsche.

Had dinner on Sat. with some friends from Jersey. He's Swiss. Whole family from the states is going over for a BIG family reunion to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the building of the family homestead, which some still live in.
Not saying a Porsche would be a fun car, but for something I spent a lot of time and miles in, liked Town Cars. Even Minnysota pot holes were hardly noticeable in my Town Car. Miss that tank, but wouldn't be a good fit for my driving now. I'd probably stick with this minivan, except it'll rust past useability in another 5 or 6 years. Probably never see 100,000 miles on it. Hell with hauling people, I want a pickup truck next.

Daughter got to go meet the Swiss relatives, said if she could make a living there, it'd be a lot nicer place to live in than the States. She traveled through a bunch of that country, has a lot of beautiful photos.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

uh huh....

Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Suuupppp all??