The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Father-in-law's wife died early this morning. She made into her 90's before cancer got her. They had been together for 40+ years, and now we are worried about him. Yep, this is the downside of getting older.
Sorry to hear that...gonna be tough on the FIL.

Meanwhile, the governor has called out the National Guard for Ferguson. The third autopsy, requested by the "family", has again confirmed 6 shots hit in the kid's front side. Amazing how folks up that way quit calling the dead kid a 'gentle giant' after the robbery video came out. Not to worry, though, Al Sharpton is on the scene to make everything better.
It's amazing how much attention rioting and looting gets. Right up to the US Attorney general and President. Maybe WE should start rioting!
I'm not even gonna get started......

Last edited by BARACU; 08-18-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:30 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU

It's amazing how much attention rioting and looting gets. Right up to the US Attorney general and President. Maybe WE should start rioting!
Thanks for the sentiment, and you are correct.

Just what do you think is gonna happen if the shooting is considered justified? Don't answer that!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:41 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Just what do you think is gonna happen if the shooting is considered justified? Don't answer that!
Ok...I won't...but ,let me ask you....is there anything left to loot and burn?

Gotta go...need flowers for our anniversary...41 yrs...what a lucky woman!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Father-in-law's wife died early this morning. She made into her 90's before cancer got her.
Sorry to hear that Scot, Thoughts and Prayers.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Same here....years ago, before wife went back to teaching,use to be one a month. Straight commission...never knew how much it would be.....some were really good ones, though!
Hadda commission job for nearly a year during a long layoff back in the 80's, made something over 7 grand in 5 days once. But you could go a month with nothing, too. Was a raise for me getting back on the hourly wage, based on annual income. Also, zero, nada, no kind of benefits on the commission stuff. Commission usually means talking somebody into spending money they'd rather spend on something else, not something I'm suited for.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Morning all, hope everything works out with the Father In Law Scot.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

I just wonder how much chit the cops are gonna take before they say enough, and just stand back and videotape these gentle giants robbing and beating without even trying to stop them. Then turn the cameras off when an outraged town shoots the little bastards 600 times... Or just announce that the whole police force is taking a week's vacation at the same time next week, and all you nice young black guys behave while we're gone... (not that there aren't some nice young white guys, too).

Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Father-in-law's wife died early this morning. She made into her 90's before cancer got her. They had been together for 40+ years, and now we are worried about him. Yep, this is the downside of getting older.
Eventually you won't lose any more. I only have two uncles left that are older than me. Ex's parents died a lot sooner than mine. One of the things I liked about my daughter's ex, had a big extended family here and in Switzerland; she would have had a big family for decades. Doesn't have much now, and she's only 30. Ain't just family, well over half the people I've known aren't around any more, miss a lot of them.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Typically, people of OUR generation don't loot or riot. We do occasionally, however, shoot people who assault or rob us. I do remember the Detroit riots and that the Governor here also called out the National Guard who showed up with the 50 calibers. The rioting ceased almost immediately. However a large segment of a particular group left Detroit never to return which led to the eventual economic destruction of our countries leading industrial city.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:16 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Eventually you won't lose any more. I only have two uncles left that are older than me. Ex's parents died a lot sooner than mine. One of the things I liked about my daughter's ex, had a big extended family here and in Switzerland; she would have had a big family for decades. Doesn't have much now, and she's only 30. Ain't just family, well over half the people I've known aren't around any more, miss a lot of them.
It's good to be the one who misses lots of old friends (still alive), but it sucks sometimes, too.