The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Humm... I don't know about that?
New Cam ????????

Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Ucan... are you getting any codes or have you checked for them?
Nope never checked for them.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

KR -
Gonna be a few days 'fore that shoulder don't complain about moving it certain ways. Mebbe 20 or two hundred...

Ucan-
Just think of your bike as a retro Harley, from the days when a 305 Honda or 350 Yamaha could run away from a stock Harley.
100 mph can be real expensive here...

Sure wish it would dry up here, wanna do some painting, but not with humidity over 80%.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
KR -
Gonna be a few days 'fore that shoulder don't complain about moving it certain ways. Mebbe 20 or two hundred...

Ucan-
Just think of your bike as a retro Harley, from the days when a 305 Honda or 350 Yamaha could run away from a stock Harley.
100 mph can be real expensive here...

Sure wish it would dry up here, wanna do some painting, but not with humidity over 80%.
100mph in a 50mph zone is called "road racingor Stunt Driving" here. That can lead to a HUGE fine and immediate impounding of said vehicle!

Penalties For Stunt Driving / Racing

The penalties if charged with a Stunt Driving / Racing ticket are:

* Immediate seven day licence suspension of the driver of the vehicle.
* Immediate seven day vehicle impoundment of the vehicle being driven at the time of the incident.
* Fine amounts ranging from $2,000 - $10,000
* Possible driver’s licence suspension of up to two years
* Six demerit points registered on your record

A second conviction could have more harsh penalties with licence suspensions of up to 10 years and possible jail time.

The immediate seven day licence suspension and car impoundment are mandatory, even if the car does not belong to the driver who receives the ticket. All towing and impoundment fees are the responsibility of the driver and can add up quickly, from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
Insurance Implications

Being convicted of a Stunt Driving / Racing offence could have huge implications on your insurance rates. Stunt Driving / Racing is considered a serious offence by most insurance companies and will likely increase rates even if it is the only ticket on your record. Since every insurance company has different policies and procedures, we cannot comment on the exact increases your insurance company may implement if you have a Stunt Driving / Racing offence on your record. Most insurance companies seem to be raising their rates by as much as 100% for a first time offence of Stunt Driving / Racing! There have been some reports of insurance companies canceling clients’ policies completely for a Stunt Driving / Racing conviction even when they have absolutely no other convictions on their record. This means that even one conviction of Stunt Driving / Racing can leave you without insurance and the only option for insurance may be a private insurance company that can cost thousands more than you are currently paying

Last edited by ultracan; 08-17-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I don't hardly ever ride that fast. It was just something that I experienced and thought that I would ask about. I am usually just 10kph (6mph) over the speed limit ( I don't need the tickets or the insurance rate increases), so not a big issue.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Ucan... are you getting any codes or have you checked for them?
Just checked codes. All said "NONE"

Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
I don't hardly ever ride that fast. It was just something that I experienced and thought that I would ask about. I am usually just 10kph (6mph) over the speed limit ( I don't need the tickets or the insurance rate increases), so not a big issue.
I'm a slowpoke. I go real close to speed limit all the time, except when the flow of traffic dictates otherwise, which drives some folks crazy!!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
I'm a slowpoke. I go real close to speed limit all the time, except when the flow of traffic dictates otherwise, which drives some folks crazy!!
If they don't like it...........pass!! That is what my motto is.

I never get pissed as long as you are driving the speed limit. I only get pissed when some one is below the speed limit holding up a line of traffic.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
If they don't like it...........pass!! That is what my motto is.

I never get pissed as long as you are driving the speed limit. I only get pissed when some one is below the speed limit holding up a line of traffic.
I don't think you'd like 2 lanes (and often multi-lanes) around here. I can seldom hold the speed limit for a whole mile anywhere near the Minneapolis/St Paul area. 5-15 mph below the limit is the norm here. One of the big reasons my favorite mode of transportation on local trips is the no clutch scooter, no slipping the clutch from one light to the next in first gear. Unfortunately, it's not running now, either. But I got a new carb for it, one of these days...

Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I don't think you'd like 2 lanes (and often multi-lanes) around here. I can seldom hold the speed limit for a whole mile anywhere near the Minneapolis/St Paul area. 5-15 mph below the limit is the norm here. One of the big reasons my favorite mode of transportation on local trips is the no clutch scooter, no slipping the clutch from one light to the next in first gear. Unfortunately, it's not running now, either. But I got a new carb for it, one of these days...
Moldie...That should be your signature line!