The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
But it sure look pretty in my Man Cave for that long. Get to put on my snowmobile suit and sit on it making potato, potato, potato sounds.
Mine dint look purty last winter.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

We are taking a ride into Zion today...Holy land of the mormons.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JW1200
I wish i was retired!! Hows it goin?
All it takes to retire is gettin older, slower, feeble minded, and lots of aches and pains when ya get up in the morning.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JW1200
Got one yesterday, rained cats and dogs here for awhile.
Could use that here, dry as a bone. Rains half the summer, till it drives ya nuts, and then all it does is get humid, nuttin for the green stuf. Minnysota useta have more than 6 days a year of nice weather...

Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Verelsian
Reminds me of the time I went to the range with a few vet buddies. Nothing to remind u what a shitty shot you are than when you do it with people who made a living out of it. Ha!
I only made one shot that might have been considered exceptional, took down a small motorsickle going as fast as it could at something over 300 yards. Was a metric, of course... First round kicked up dirt a few yards behind it, then it was just a matter of leading a bit more. Now I can see the front sight and the target, but one of them will be a blur. Still ain't bad with a shotgun, but they ain't exactly precise...

Old 08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
Surgery Wednesday afternoon. Last time I took a pain pill was mid-night Thursday. No pain. Worst thing so far is the damn strap on my neck. Took g-son home yesterday afternoon. Was real nice havin him here for a couple days. This morning decided to play w/ the camera. Got my arm wrapped clear up to the shoulder...

Sorta sucks tryin to sleep this way.

On a side note I built that gate 20 yrs ago. Still holdin up.
Hope you're right handed. What I thought was even worse than an arm in a sling was when I had a cast on the left ankle/foot and couldn't put any weight on it. Took both arms to work the crutches, how the hell do you carry anything that way? Daughter was just over a year old and could outrun me, that was fun...

Forget if it was last year or the one before, when I had the arm nerve problem, couldn't lay on my back, had to sleep for a couple months in the recliner. It was fairly comfortable, but I was sure glad when I could sleep in bed again. You don't think about how important sleep is till you have a problem with it.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:23 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Hope you're right handed. What I thought was even worse than an arm in a sling was when I had a cast on the left ankle/foot and couldn't put any weight on it. Took both arms to work the crutches, how the hell do you carry anything that way?
I am right handed. Spent 3 yrs w/ a cast on my left leg & learned to carry a cup & a plate w/ a sandwich on it up 20 stairs.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Just finished doin a few dishes & whippin me up some chow. Now I gotta get ready & split outta here for a bit.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang, noon already and I ain't cut any trees yet. Cloudy out, at least the sun won't bake me so bad. Gotta finish the rusty floor in the sidecar tub, too. Ain't thick rust, hit it with a brush in the drill, got a lot of shiny metal, finishing up with aluminum oxide grit in a blaster. Then it's some primer, and thinking of using appliance paint, stuf's supposed to be harder than regular paint. At some point, the sidecar will need to be stripped and completely repainted, if I keep it. Sure ain't the best built thing, but just a sidecar alone for a Harley, even used, woulda cost more than this rig. Just thinking of it as a toy, anyway.

Getting started

Most it brushed

Hi tech Russian seat construction

Old 08-09-2014, 12:45 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

lookin good Oldee.... restoring stuff takes patience....