The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Glad that you are out of surgery Wayne. Hope that you start feeling better soon.
Thanks me too. Set my alarm to get up in 4 hrs to take more pills last night & woke up but fell back to sleep. Was 7 hrs between pills. Was hurtin pretty good by then. The pain is not unbearable. Rather have this pain than them damn migraines. That pain makes me just want to shoot myself.

Originally Posted by tcarille
Morning All..Glad ta see Haggs and Kr both survived and are up and about. Good luck to both of you on your roads to recovery.
Thanks again Tc. Wish I didn't feel sick but it will pass. With my daily vitamins I am now takin 14 pills a day. Have managed to not puke yet. Sheepshit...

Originally Posted by rocket23
THIS!!!^^^^

Ok...

Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 AM
hagger
Banned

I'm off ta DMV for a nutter crack at the hazmazt test....iffen your wondering what it is check this site out.....click anyone of the 7 hazmat tests on the left....good luck .
http://www.cristcdl.com/otc/hm5/
Howd it go dude...?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:29 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Havnt had internet in over a week. Any updates? Got the Ken shoulder news thats about it.

Home safe n sound! Great trip. We hit Patricks point first for 2 nights. We did a jet boat tour and hicked up in the redwoods. Checked out The Trees Of Mystery. 3rd day we stopped by Crater Lake and that was crazy! Awesome roads for a motorcycle. After that we hit our destination of Cle Elum Washington for her family reunion. It was beautiful but dam hot! Roughly 95* every day with 40% humidity. Not fun. It raind 2 of the nights wich was welcomed. We saw a lightning strike which ended p starting a fire which is still going. Lots of smoke everywhere. We went home after 4 days. Mount Shasta was covered in smoke and Shasta lake was almost dry. Tired of setting up the tent on the road so we came home a day early.

Last edited by soft 02; 08-07-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 AM
hagger
Banned

G-son is gonna mow the yard. Wish I felt better. I knew havin kids would pay off at some point.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

[/QUOTE]

Old 08-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Are you talking about the road from Tortilla flats to Roosevelt Damn? If so there was no was I was going to ride my 900lbs bike through there. Did do it in the truck a number of times. ONe of the coolest times that I did that, was when a couple of fighter jets came screaming down the canyon. My buddy (who I was taking through there) still talks about it.
Yep, that's the road. I drove it in a car with air conditioning on a hot day, and part way through had to turn the air off, wasn't getting enough airflow and it started overheating. I always wanted to do it on a bike in the winter, but somehow never got around to it, would still like to some day. I don't think a Harley would have a problem with it, Harleys seem pretty stable on rough stuff that a lot of metric road bikes can't handle. Just not on a 100+ degree day, don't know if that rear cylinder would survive. Imagine what it would be doing to your thighs, too, doubt if you'd ever get above 2nd gear on that road. Highway 88, I think. I wonder if they don't pave it because it couldn't handle paving equipment; doubt that stuff could get around some of the corners.

When I still lived in AZ, couple of A-10s were canyon flying farther north, couldn't make a turn and both hit the side. They were armed, too, scattered live 30mm shells on the highway below. Cops & military got there in a hurry... Had to watch out for F4's, 104's, and a few odds & ends of military stuff in the Phoenix area when I'd fly around in little planes, don't think they were supposed to, but they'd have fun in clouds and canyons, be on you so fast, and I suspect a few of them were using me for simulated gun runs, right at ya and peel off pretty close. But it was fun for me, too, almost like an air show sometimes.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:59 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Cool pics Moldy!

Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
Ok so I'm still up & was doin some back readin. Thanks Tc & Moldee.

Moldee I saw your tree pics back there & dang man. That is a lot of tree cuttin. Careful you don't over do it.
I keep drinking cold water frequently, don't drink for too long, and you hit a point almost without warning where you have to just sit down. Did that once, pay more attention to keeping hydrated now. A couple hours at a time is about it anyway, more humid it is, sooner I gotta stop. Gonna need a fairly dry day to bring the chipper, that'll be some work, too. I'll have help with that, though, younger guys.

You and KR are gonna have to be careful not to overdo it, too. Might be aggravating for a couple months, but ya gotta think long term for something like that.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Cool pics Moldy!
Like yours better. Sounds like you had a good trip. Weird looking carvings wherever that was.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:17 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Like yours better. Sounds like you had a good trip. Weird looking carvings wherever that was.
Guess if you live in the forest thats what you do. Was a good trip but happy to be home. Now time to focus on putting the bike back together.