The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Checkin in.....
hmmm me too,
on the selling front,

I think there will be a late flurry at the end, prolly hit the 2k mark....but I get a feeling it will sell; 37 watchers is a lot!
As for the vulcan, if I don't buy that, it will be save up an shop , but at a dealer, I know the're deals on the private side, but also headaches.......Least with a dealer there's a time bomb warranty......not gonna buy without one.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Hey KR, Cuda, trying to post with Buster sitting on my lap asking for w-a-l-k. Gotta spell it, if he hears da word or reads it, he goes nuts. Been exhaustedbetween the legal issues with the shooter, the new store, and my brother... still I'm hanging in there! Any of your wives quilters? Just bought out part of a stores inventory yesterday...
WALK!!!
Go get 'em Buster!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:00 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally, I would like to meet Mr. Allen, or perhaps his decedents, and discuss his freakin' wrenches with him. Followed by a talk with the HD geniuses who put Allen screws and bolts in the tightest spots. Fight to get the cut-off Allen in there, turn about an inch, cuss, repeat. Over and over. I'm not even gonna talk about Mr. Torx!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Meanwhile, however, I did finally get around to changing the oil in the Glide. It hadn't moved since I parked it when I got home from the ride.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Had to buy the OL a new clothes dryer.......... $500.. They went up since the last time I bought one! Aint one of those fancy ones either.
Dryer quit a few months ago, washer was about 10 years into it's rebuild - new timer (those mechanical timers are expensive! - and their weak point), filter, some odd bits - so I decided to get a new set, maybe last one I'll get. Got Whirlpool front loaders, their low end model. Coulda got an LG with lots more bells & whistles a little cheaper, but user reviews weren't kind to them, like an American brand better anyway. Lot quieter on the wash and dry cycles, sounds like a little turbine firing up on the spin dry, kinda neat. Each piece cost more than the previous set, but that was over 20 (25?) years ago, and that was a cheap set. Hope this electronic stuf lasts as long.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:20 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

bought a washer and dish washer at a local scratch an dent....hunnerts off sticker w/factory warranty.........Still have the same fridge that came with the house...must be near 8 years old.... dryer is the latest add on, that an a cheap a/c unit......pretty much all set in the magic box department...

Old 07-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Personally, I would like to meet Mr. Allen, or perhaps his decedents, and discuss his freakin' wrenches with him. Followed by a talk with the HD geniuses who put Allen screws and bolts in the tightest spots. Fight to get the cut-off Allen in there, turn about an inch, cuss, repeat. Over and over. I'm not even gonna talk about Mr. Torx!
What I hate is how you have to take so many parts off to reach the one you want. Airplanes are worse, and cars.... Cars are designed for assembly, and if the part that goes bad the soonest is easiest to put in the body with everything else piled on top of it, that's what you get. My van is a freakin nightmare to werk on, but still not as bad as the 300Z was. My 94 Bonneville wasn't too bad, and the 86 Town Car was pretty easy, but it was old school in line drivetrain, huge engine compartment with lots of reach around room. If it wasn't for the gas mileage (and that most of em have rusted away in the salt states), I'd be happy with a mid to late 70's F-150, they were so easy to work on, comfortable, and decent handling and ride.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:23 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

This washer & dryer are over 20 yrs old & narry a hic-up. Kenmore. Did my yearly preventive maintenance on the water heater the other day & when I tested the T&P valve it started leakin. 20+ yrs old too. 15 bucks for a new one.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Dinas sis totalled her trike in a wreck last week so now I have to be Mr.Good guy and haul her carcass and crap around for 2 weeks into Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:28 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
This washer & dryer are over 20 yrs old & narry a hic-up. Kenmore. Did my yearly preventive maintenance on the water heater the other day & when I tested the T&P valve it started leakin. 20+ yrs old too. 15 bucks for a new one.
Dem check valves are better left alone.......like yours , if not checked they are sure to leak.....water heater will go 'fore the valve in most cases.......'sides I always wondered what a water heater rocket looked like shooting thru the roof