The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:15 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
G'Mornin'....maybe
Well when you figure it out let me know will ya.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Well when you figure it out let me know will ya.
Ok...let ya know after 12.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

The good news, sunny skies and clear sailing for the poser pair. The bad news, they'd probably prefer clouds and rain with the temps today.

Temp here is mild roast today. AC's werkin good in the house, and I plan to enjoy it all day. AC's gettin weak in the van, but I don't plan to get another can of cool today, think I'll wait till it's at least cloudy. Last couple years, a can in the spring lasted all summer, guess it's time to get the can with stop leak in it. That stuff actually werked on my old Bonnieville, right up to the end it had cold air.

Don't know what kinda day this is gonna be, gonna be stuck in the house with the kid. I could bring the sidecar tub in the house and let him clean and wax it... Yesturday ran the 3 wheeler around the cul de sac again, got a bunch of kids and neighbors lookin at it, and one asked when I'd get a sidecar for it... gotta get that back on. And tweak the carbs, check the timing and valves, even my daughter said she can hear it don't run smooth.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:55 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,612 Likes on 2,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
The good news, sunny skies and clear sailing for the poser pair. The bad news, they'd probably prefer clouds and rain with the temps today.

Temp here is mild roast today. AC's werkin good in the house, and I plan to enjoy it all day. AC's gettin weak in the van, but I don't plan to get another can of cool today, think I'll wait till it's at least cloudy. Last couple years, a can in the spring lasted all summer, guess it's time to get the can with stop leak in it. That stuff actually werked on my old Bonnieville, right up to the end it had cold air..
Made a few phone calls today, that went smooth......whaddya just get that A/C pro stuff and throw it on the valve??

Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
Made a few phone calls today, that went smooth......whaddya just get that A/C pro stuff and throw it on the valve??
Yeah, just get a can of it at Walmart (about the only thing I buy there, 5-6 bucks cheaper than the auto parts places). I have a manifold gauge set with fittings for both old freon and the newer stuff, but just been using the little single line filler on the van. Think I'll throw the gauges on this time, make sure I get the right pressure; overfill the new stuff, and it doesn't work good. Got a lot of use outta that gauge set when I lived in Phoenix, you wanted your ac in top shape in that climate.

Story - several years ago decided I'd just convert to the new stuff if I ever needed to charge a freon car, so took several cans of freon (used to buy it by the case) to a pro shop and they gave me more than I paid for it. Later, I had two freon cars that got a little low, just hooked one up to the low side of the other, started the low side hookup and sucked enough outta the first one to fully charge it. Then converted the first one to the new stuff. Both werked fine after that till I got rid of them. Bet I've saved over a thousand bucks using my less than $100 equipment over the years.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,612 Likes on 2,867 Posts

huh, my 06 ram is still on the oem charge.....still werks, just not bone chilling like a real good a/c system can be like........but it can wait a bit, hardly use it anyways.....a/c is for the house, w/me most days, anyways.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Good morning guys! Mark I missed ya the last week but no bullet wounds to the chest cavity so it's all good. Legal issues, new build out for Sugar Lips quilt shop and sewing center. Moldy I picked up some new take offs I'm gonna try to replace the too loud Kerkers, they are off a cat equipped bike so are not as quiet as the pre 09 stock mufflers. My friend took the cat out of his 103 and it rumbles pretty good with the stock louder muffs. There is a thread on the other forum, HD forum, about the new hot setup is to run the later mufflers on the 88s so thought it would be cheap to try it. My 96 doesn't have a cat and with the S&S headpipes runs real well so I expect to pick up torque also from the slightly increased back pressure. My Kerkers originally came with a restrictor at the very end which everybody takes out. I'll probably call them and see if they'll send me a set to tack weld back in. They currently are bigger then 2 inches and straight through so are just unacceptably loud without the restrictor. If they go back to testing mufflers the stock ones could be worth keeping! I must be getting too old! Got the grass done yesterday in stages, the heat was a killer. Hey Baracu, and Rocketeer the heat is coming your way. How ya swinging Ultra? Got my first eagle last week when I holed out from 110 with a nine on a par 4!
!

Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

putzitz and all other nefarious loafers an non scrips

'sup ?

rain and more rain

made it home from werk this morning without havin' to use my anti rain soot

thunderin' now and Molly is curled up under foot

Scottie and Doc will have a warm ride today

Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Old news by now I'm sure , and may be posted elsewhere here ( but I no longer go anywhere here aside from the Posie thread ) , but

Johnny Winter passed away last week

Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Hey Coastie, Bagger,seen that about Johnny Winter. Good job on the Eagle Coastie.