The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Looks good oldeee.... family involvement is real good... we spent the evening in th grudge werkin on the crashed 4-wheeler. Straightend out a tab on the frame and somehow I got it welded back in place. Thats it for the welding until after I am healed.... too hard to do it...
The little guy was just getting in the way, but she came out while I was trying to mate up those sidecar clamps; thought I'd start one and swing the other around, but the angle would displace it about 3/4" and wouldn't slip on. With her on one clamp, we were able to slide both on together, only way to do it evidently. Damned difficult for one person to do. She seems real interested in the ancient tech on that thing, thinks it's cool. Even likes the solo seat, though it don't fit me quite right, would like to get a standard double seat. Surprising how heavy the tub was when i lifted it off, bit of a strain to carry off to the side. No frame in it, just sheet metal and a little seat. I took the spare wheel mount off first, too, that was pretty solid.

Don't think I could weld left handed. Never tried, anyway. I'm thinking mebbe I shoulda got a stick welder, can't seem to lay a bead as neat with this flux core wire welder. I did fine last time I used a mig, too, you'd think it'd be the same. Mebbe the new helmet will help, gettin one a those instant darkening newfangled ones.

Pics... 4-wheeler I crashed...
Left bracket welded back up.... good for new bumper to mount...
Looks like some plastic got busted, too. I flipped a 3 wheeler in AZ back in the 70's, seat came down on my head and shoved my face into the ground (one of the few times I wasn't wearing a helmet, too). Sure was lucky it was sand, just got a bit of rash and the breath knocked outta me. Oh yeah, busted up my sunglasses, too, that wus the worst part. Nuther time, rolled one near the top of a dune about 30' high, but I bailed as it went over, and just watched it roll sideways 5-10 times to the bottom. Dint hurt it, them early no suspension Honda ATV's were really tough. We break a lot easier than the toys...

Old 07-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Closest to yellow I ever had was an ugly cage that wus kinda butterscotch colored. Hideous...

Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Closest to yellow I ever had was an ugly cage that wus kinda butterscotch colored. Hideous...
I ain't never owned anything YELLOW!!!

Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Moldie...I was away when you got that. Saw some refernces to it, but wasn't sure you got it..That thing is really neat and looks like it's in good shape. I could go for one of those! Good Luck with it.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:47 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

I ain't never owned anything YELLOW!!!
Maybe ya can start with this....

Attached Thumbnails Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI-2013-spyder-rt-s-se5-yellow-004.jpg  
Old 07-19-2014, 10:48 AM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Maybe ya can start with this....
Think not.... looks like yer ride....

Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Looks like sumptin from one a them transformer movies. I can picture Shia Leboof on one a them, don't like him, either.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:03 AM
krwould
Club Member

BTW oldee, I welded it right handed I took the splint off, the sling off and barehanded it for the couple minutes I had to weld the piece... but that's the last one... that's it... nomo...

Old 07-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Just be careful doing things with that right arm, move it wrong and you're gonna be in a world of hurt. Well, more hurt...

Two more weeks is gonna feel like a long time, but it's better than adding a bunch onto the fix and recovery time. I've messed up and extended my recovery time, ain't worth it.

Have what fun you can, I gotta go.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Did the coffee house close early for the day?

Got the commie bike started, so the engine werks. Gonna need new throttle cables, they're binding. Cheap on the innernet. It's got a battery switch under the seat, wus turned off, kinda had me puzzled for a minute or two. Wunder if the previous owner knew about that when he couldn't get it started...