The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Mornin', Lou.

Question for you...is there a nuclear power plant near you..near cal Poly
Yes. Diablo canyon.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yes. Diablo canyon.
My neighbor's son moved to CA about 15 yrs ago. he was in last week and I talked with him. He's in security at a plant. He mentioned CalPoly and lives in SLO....don't remember the exact town, though.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
My neighbor's son moved to CA about 15 yrs ago. he was in last week and I talked with him. He's in security at a plant. He mentioned CalPoly and lives in SLO....don't remember the exact town, though.
Yup. They have their own army at diablo. Good gig! Does he like it here.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:33 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yup. They have their own army at diablo. Good gig! Does he like it here.
Yeah, loves it out there. From the looks of him..they must be badass security. Asked him if he knew you....haha

Old 07-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
guess Ford is big enough for that. You get that kind of hurt out here, you ain't comin back til you're fit for duty... only desk jobs belong to management. When you have pumps putting out 4500psi @ 33000gpm, you need to be able to move in a hurry when the **** hits the fan.
I don't much care to be around hydraulics, get a thin stream of liquid at those kinds of pressure, and it can cut a hand off, or inject a gallon of deadly stuf right into you. I got to see an o-ring pop on a 3000 psi system on a 727 once, instant big fog of skydrol, nasty stuff that burns something awful in your eyes, and breathing in a fog of it would probably be some time in a hospital - if you survived. Amazing how fast an old work stand without hydraulic safety valves will crash to the ground when a line ruptures, barely got outta the way in time from one of those once. Not liking it didn't mean I didn't work on hydraulics, spent a lotta time messing with those systems in airplanes. Don't know what kinds of fluid you're working with, but that skydrol in airplanes is hard to get off with soap - but milk neutralizes it and then it washes off ok. Milk takes the pain outta yer eyes, too. Company said don't use milk in yer eyes, can cause an infection, use olive oil, that was kept in the hangars. Mechanics said bull, got antibiotics for infection, once you get a chemical burn in your eyes, might be permanent. And olive oil didn't do squat for the pain, either.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Mornin posers, hope everyone is feeling better that wasn't feeling so good. Only problem here is the weather. Garden is soaked and it looks like we are getting more rain today.
Sunshine, and that awful humadity is finally getting in the comfort zone. Think it's gonna be more tree work today. Neighbor offered his 4x6 trailer to haul tree bits off. I got enuf to fill a semi. Twice...

Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

knew I shouldn't have posted in here Back's been acting up for a few days.... normal pains. It seems to have migrated up front now though. Ribs are hurtin and feels like I pulled a groin muscle or somethin Can't miss the next night either, that's when the 8hrs of built in overtime comes into play
I have a wide belt kinda thing that I can snug around my middle, between belt and ribs, really helps take the pressure off the back. Haven't had to use it for several years, but for a while had to wear it even mowing the lawn on the rider, bumps were killin me without it. Groin - haven't heard of anything to help that. Groin is bad, back movement, leg movement, about any movement seems to hurt it. Been there...

Originally Posted by krwould
i thought last evening would be better.... nope... hot knife stuck in my elbow... ice, ice and more ice... musta passed out for a while, woke up at 11:00 and took some meds, went to bed...
Sounds like torture. Ice never made anything feel better for me, except burns.

sound like me when they had me on the valium and hydrocodone.... even when I was awake, I wasn't aware of much. Just hopin I've pulled a muscle this time... cause if that's not it, it's going to be severe
Had valium at least a couple times, at doses you were supposed to take, it dint do nuttin for me. Doc gave me a shot one time, said it woulda put a lot of people to sleep, and it didn't do nuttin for me. A beer would done more. Hmm, mebbe next time I get that camera where the sun don't shine, I oughta bring along a pint of rum...

Old 07-16-2014, 09:50 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

alright, I'm here for as long as I can keep my eyelids open.....('bout 20 seconds)

Old 07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

haven't pulled that one, but do have a hard time on long trips. right knee gets stiff and starts hurtin. Findin that stoppin every couple hundred miles, rather than trying to making good time, helps a lot.
I had the same problem last car trip I took earlier this summer. After a couple hundred miles, right knee started hurting. It would stop when I got outta the car, but started again in just a few minutes. Modern cars are so damned cramped, I can't move my long legs much. And my minivan has a lot more room up front than most cars. My gf's Honda Accord is torture for me within an hour.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:20 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Checkin' in.....walkin' better. Sheesh.....home from a motorsickle trip and have to unpack my SUV...that ain't right