The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Start posting about insurance and a state farm add pops up at the bottom of the page. Imagine that.
Thats nothing. I got adds all over for gay singles in my area popping up? Strange.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:30 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Glad the pozer pair slid between storms, got a heavy one this morning. Someones' day started bad, about 8am buncha police cars went up the street behind me, then a fire truck, then a few minutes later, a buncha fire trucks. Dint go far, and I could hear the sirens wind down as they turned em off, mebbe a couple blocks. I don't go get in first responders' way, especially in a downpour, so don't know what happened. Whoa! House just shook, that wus a bigun. Flash too, musta been nearby. I like the sound of rain, but this summer seems more like living inna Lousyana bayou than Minnysota.

The Ural guy called! Seems he wus wondering for a couple days why he wasn't getting any emails for the bike, then thought to check his spam folder... Too busy to see me today, so tomorrow morning, if someone doesn't show up at his door earlier. Might sound like a lot for a bike that won't start (sat with gas in it for 3 years, think that might have sumptin to do with it?), but I've seen just the sidecars listed for near that much. Purty sure I could get it running. Hope this werks out. Right now there ain't room in the grudge for it, better do sumptin 'bout that.
I got room in my grudge oldeee.... I will accept side car rides....

Old 07-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by hagger

What it tells me is that it is going to be interesting to see how this situation, employers vs pot smokers plays out. Testing methods & determining whether or not someone is actually stoned at the moment.
Originally Posted by hagger
Hows it goin Mark. If you live in a state with legal weed & smoke a joint on Sunday, your employer should not be able to fire you on Monday.
We were told smoking one joint would leave enough in our systems to get fired a month later. No recourse, either, trace amount, you're out the door. Company and state had nothing to say about it (actually, an unwanted expense for the company), federal requirement.

Initial testing didn't find much, so they doubled the testing frequency. Got even less, so they added alcohol, with such a low number the driving limit was 10 times higher. Funny thing is, one of the owners got busted and had to pay a fine for getting caught with pot, but the corporate elite are always exempt from testing. Wish they'd make all Federal employees have to take those tests, including all the politicians. We wouldn't need term limits, bet most of em would only last till the first test...

Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
We were told smoking one joint would leave enough in our systems to get fired a month later. No recourse, either, trace amount, you're out the door. Company and state had nothing to say about it (actually, an unwanted expense for the company), federal requirement.

Initial testing didn't find much, so they doubled the testing frequency. Got even less, so they added alcohol, with such a low number the driving limit was 10 times higher. Funny thing is, one of the owners got busted and had to pay a fine for getting caught with pot, but the corporate elite are always exempt from testing. Wish they'd make all Federal employees have to take those tests, including all the politicians. We wouldn't need term limits, bet most of em would only last till the first test...
An thats why I gave all the fun stuff up till they change testing.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:42 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,534 Likes on 9,784 Posts

always asked my dad why the office people didn't get drug tested. It's like being a blue collar worker is so bad, you have to use drugs to escape the reality of it? They drug test everyone here, supposedly, so it's all good. Just means I have to damage the liver til I retire and can damage the lungs.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
I got room in my grudge oldeee.... I will accept side car rides....
I've done some all day or longer rides on some mechanically questionable bikes, but I might draw the line at trying it with an old Russian hack. Seems Ural owners think these things are really reliable (maybe cause they're so easy to fix?), but a lot of peeps that never rode one say they're junk. What the hell, I'm mechaneckally inclined, I'll make up my own mind if I manage to get one.

Kinda funny, reading what Ural aficionados say about these things, 2007 and up are the ones with the bugs worked out, but some of the old timers say the 650's from the 90's hold up better. Sound familiar, EVO... TC...? Besides, I gotta rule, only carbs allowed in my decrepit collection.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gamble71
always asked my dad why the office people didn't get drug tested. It's like being a blue collar worker is so bad, you have to use drugs to escape the reality of it? They drug test everyone here, supposedly, so it's all good. Just means I have to damage the liver til I retire and can damage the lungs.
WTH, I damaged the liver so long, I'll jus do it a few more years. Never did a lot of it, anyway, couple beers now and then. Never smoked, either. Have thought of sneaking a plant in amongst the okra in the garden, looks a bit similar... but none of the stores around here have any seeds, what's up with that?

Old 07-11-2014, 10:51 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
dats because taki a HAIR sample will be next to impossible....
OOOH, a little pain and da Putzinator turns mean......LOL

Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Oh my, water's rising, hope one of them trees I cut yesterday don't git carried down to the road and plug the culvert...

corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Thats nothing. I got adds all over for gay singles in my area popping up? Strange.
Must of been something you said.