The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Sorry Herb.... things took a bad turn yesterday.. had a crash on the 4- wheeler.. don't know the extent of the injury to my right shoulder, just hope it's jammed and it will be better tomorrow. If I tore something it will not be a good thing...

Typing left handed sucks....all I got for now...
And why you are out doing risky crap right before a trip eludes me. Chucklehead!! I just got you semi-healthy.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:16 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Sux Ken. Torn anything isnt good. Get you an MRI!

Old 07-05-2014, 10:23 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

PutzBurgher...that sucks! Who was s'posed to be watchin' you? Hope it's nuttin' serious....

Old 07-05-2014, 10:24 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,612 Likes on 2,867 Posts

left arm must be asleep......

Old 07-05-2014, 11:40 AM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prayers fur u

Sorry Herb.... things took a bad turn yesterday.. had a crash on the 4- wheeler.. don't know the extent of the injury to my right shoulder, just hope it's jammed and it will be better tomorrow. If I tore something it will not be a good thing...

thought I would jus pass through but I see u need tu be on Prayer list
get well soon KR

Old 07-05-2014, 01:23 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 28,133 Likes on 9,366 Posts

Was the phrase 'hold my beer and watch this' uttered. Hope you ain't too broke and back at her soon. Prayers for ya.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:38 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Checkin in... rightarm is kaputz... can't lift it.. ER doc says torn rotator.... x-rays showed nuttin broke or dislocated, just what I wanted to hear.

I havta contact my doc on Monday and get in to see him, then surgery I would guess. Looks like my summer ended today...

That's all I got for now...

Old 07-05-2014, 04:34 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Torn rotator isn't the end of the world. My left one has been torn for years. Surgery isn't guaranteed and the rehab is long. My doc and I discussed the options, and I went with the cortizone shot. I cannot throw anything at all now, but everything is fine otherwise.

I am pissed off at you, assholePutz!

Old 07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jeez KR....tough break. You're no chicken anymore. At your age you need to stick to something safe..like motorbikin. Heal up soon.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Last week whilst attempting to cut a too thick tree branch with my trusty lopers,

arms positioned over my head & squeezing together, I suffered one of these...

Biceps Tendon Tear at the Elbow
The biceps muscle is in the front of your upper arm. It helps you bend your elbow and rotate your forearm. It also helps keep your shoulder stable.

Tendons attach muscles to bones. Your biceps tendons attach the biceps muscle to bones in the shoulder and in the elbow. If you tear the biceps tendon at the elbow, you will lose strength in your arm and be unable to forcefully turn your arm from palm down to palm up.

Once torn, the biceps tendon at the elbow will not grow back to the bone and heal. Other arm muscles make it possible to bend the elbow fairly well without the biceps. However, they cannot fulfill all the functions, especially the motion of rotating the forearm from palm down to palm up. This is called supination. Significant, permanent weakness during supination will occur if this tendon is not surgically repaired.

Anatomy
The biceps has two tendons that attach the muscle to the bone in the shoulder and one tendon that attaches at the elbow. The tendon at the elbow is also called the distal biceps tendon. It attaches to the radial tuberosity. This is a small bump on one of the bones in your forearm (radius) near your elbow joint.

Description
Biceps tendon tears can be either partial or complete.

Partial tears. These tears do not completely sever the tendon.

Complete tears. A complete tear will split the tendon into two pieces.

The biceps muscle helps you bend and rotate your arm. It attaches at the elbow to the radius bone on a small bump called the radial tuberosity.

A complete tear of the distal biceps tendon. The tendon is detached from the bone.

In most cases, tears of the distal biceps tendon are complete. This means that the entire muscle is detached from the bone and pulled toward the shoulder. Distal biceps tendon rupture is equally likely in the dominant and non-dominant arm.

Other arm muscles can substitute for the injured tendon, usually resulting in full motion and reasonable function. Left without surgical repair, however, the injured arm will have a 30% to 40% decrease in strength, mainly in twisting the forearm (supination).

Rupture of the biceps tendon at the elbow is unusual. It occurs in only one to two people per 100,000 each year, and rarely in women.
__________________________________________________ __

When it happened my first thought was, due to the bone crunching sound that emanated from the area of the injury, that I had broken my arm.

Looks like this, (not my arm)...

The pain only lasted a few minutes & I was back to doing yard work the next day.

Not sure if it was a complete or partial tear. Be seein the doc on the 15th.