The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Nellie
that would work until it got wet out here lol
I've plowed water with the headlight, not on a Harley, though. You can't stop when you're doing that, or the trough behind the bow wave fills in and the carb sucks water - and you just hope there aren't any deeper spots... Yeah, did some silly stuf in my young and healthy days.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
Where's Soft02.... hopin to see how much I needs to budget outta this next check

For you just shipping. Not one on trying to make a buck off of good peeps. If my stuff was all new like I might try for some $$$ but its not. I have 3 full time students so its like feeding baby birds. I pop in an read when I can but no time to post.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:15 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

laaater putziz's.... league nite...

Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Nellie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I've plowed water with the headlight, not on a Harley, though. You can't stop when you're doing that, or the trough behind the bow wave fills in and the carb sucks water - and you just hope there aren't any deeper spots... Yeah, did some silly stuf in my young and healthy days.
I did a ride through Yellowstone that was pretty friggin scary! Was raining/hailing so damn hard you couldnt see through the windshield and you couldnt stop cuz lightening was crackin all over the place. By the time we found a building we could all get out of the rain in it quit lol. Makin memories.....lol

Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,520 Likes on 9,780 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
For you just shipping. Not one on trying to make a buck off of good peeps. If my stuff was all new like I might try for some $$$ but its not. I have 3 full time students so its like feeding baby birds. I pop in an read when I can but no time to post.

Well, that was unexpected 3 full time students... you have my sympathies. well, so far all I know is the pipes and one of the sets of heads. Which one you think would work best for a 95" build...

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Previously, (last week?), we covered stump removal 101.
This week we will have a look at tree removal...101. lol

The tree in question was allowed to grow somewhere around 50' once again, (as were the stumps), due to my inattentiveness & negligence & is in a bad spot between the fences, the garage next door & the power lines that run from the pole to the house. There is a space of about 4' to drop it into.

Exhibit A.
The errant tree...

Exhibit B.
As you can see in this photo the lines run through or very near the tree & my main concern has been a heavy wet snow weighing down the limbs above the lines possibly snapping the lines. If this were to happen the responsibility of having the lines re-strung would fall on my shoulders. Not something I care to hassel with if not need be.

Sooo...
Down it came. (Well most of it anyway).

The last piece is the most worrisome in that it leans over the lines & no matter how I make the cut it will fall on them as is evidenced in this photo.

The limbs immediately above the lines have been removed so no worries about the snow thing & with someone pulling in the proper direction on the rope I have already attached to the last piece of the tree it too will fall between the garage & the fence. (But not today)

Maybe someday I'll do a concrete or a lawn care 101 but don't hold your breath. lol

Old 06-30-2014, 05:54 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gamble71
Well, that was unexpected 3 full time students... you have my sympathies. well, so far all I know is the pipes and one of the sets of heads. Which one you think would work best for a 95" build...

The heads will work just fine. Stock silver heads. What model it this for? The touring heads have a mounting boss that mine do not have. My other set of heads have a crack in them.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
Previously, (last week?), we covered stump removal 101.
This week we will have a look at tree removal...101. lol

The tree in question was allowed to grow somewhere around 50' once again, (as were the stumps), due to my inattentiveness & negligence & is in a bad spot between the fences, the garage next door & the power lines that run from the pole to the house. There is a space of about 4' to drop it into.

Exhibit A.
The errant tree...

Exhibit B.
As you can see in this photo the lines run through or very near the tree & my main concern has been a heavy wet snow weighing down the limbs above the lines possibly snapping the lines. If this were to happen the responsibility of having the lines re-strung would fall on my shoulders. Not something I care to hassel with if not need be.

Sooo...
Down it came. (Well most of it anyway).

The last piece is the most worrisome in that it leans over the lines & no matter how I make the cut it will fall on them as is evidenced in this photo.

The limbs immediately above the lines have been removed so no worries about the snow thing & with someone pulling in the proper direction on the rope I have already attached to the last piece of the tree it too will fall between the garage & the fence. (But not today)

Maybe someday I'll do a concrete or a lawn care 101 but don't hold your breath. lol
Crazy! Doesnt the county keep em trimmed up?

Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Crazy! Doesnt the county keep em trimmed up?
The county or whatever entity, (X-cel Energy), only worries about trees that interfere with their lines. Any lines that run between the pole & the house are the homeowners responsibility.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,520 Likes on 9,780 Posts

The heads will work just fine. Stock silver heads. What model it this for? The touring heads have a mounting boss that mine do not have. My other set of heads have a crack in them.
my springer.... 2000 fxsts. bone stock for now, but going to get rid of that cam tensioner this winter. Figure while she's open, might as well go ahead and do it all at one.