The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:01 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Hey Herb..... wanna ride to see Alkay on Saturday?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:08 AM
krwould
Club Member

Alrighty then..... coffee break awaits me..... Laaaater!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
If ya mix all that together in one load, you can get some neat stuff
yeah, a broken washer, an tie dye everything!.....no thanks....laundryy aint bad 'specially with a horny maid...............but I haven't seen or heard of any of that today,....or any day for that matter.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:18 AM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Any of you Putzez use a computer tablet? Thinkin' of gettin' one...What kind? What size?
Sco.....T uses one of em tablets... I just thro my macpro in the tour pac...

Old 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM
krwould
Club Member

Getting hungry..... be lookin for lunch shortly....

Old 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
to each his own Always wanted to put a 289 in a pinto
I had one with the Ford four, but it hadda bunch of Spearco mods on it, was able to keep up with a Sunbeam with a 289 in it, pretty sure it would've beat a stock 289 Mustang. Could smoke the big fat tires, but it moved while it was doing it. Hadda take it real easy in the rain...

Originally Posted by soft 02
Havnt seen a pinto or gremin or pacer for sale in years.
Pacer... rented one of those in L.A., most underpowered car I ever drove. Just sucked gas, but that was probably because I just held the pedal on the floor most of the time, didn't have to worry about breaking any speed limits. Fun trying to merge on LA freeways when the piece of poo car can only get up to about 35 at the end of a long merge lane. A 50cc Chinese scooter would have run off and left that thing at stoplights.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
The wind fun I was referring to was the kind where you are in the middle of a corner and a big blast rolls up a holler and smacks you in the side. I don't have much movement on the ElectraGlide, but the Softail really gets moved around. I was blown 1/2 a lane several times yesterday on twisty roads deep in the hills. I spent yesterday riding in the eastern Ozarks, which are not talked about much in the motorcycle community at-large, much to my delight.

I do not think I have seen taped over crack seals, and I do not think I would like them.
That Suzuki 850 I put a Windjammer style fairing on would shudder a bit in heavy gusts, remember leaning into it what felt like near 45 degrees once, but never wandered off track. Was also the only bike I've ever ridden that you could just nail the brakes hard in a tight corner at a good speed, and it just slowed or stopped with no complaints. Can only dream about that kind of handling on a Harley. Never rode a sportbike, suppose they're even better now. The way I ride now, a Harley is just fine - doubt my old body would handle the silly stuff I did decades ago...

Don't see much of that plastic tape over crack sealing stuff here, either. If ya run into some, do it straight on, or slow to mud riding speed, damned stuff is slick. As I should have realized, that was close, it was definitely starting to low side. Was on the 1200 with that skinny 21" front wheel, too.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Rooms for the first night of the ride are taken care of. Hope you 2 PAPutzes find me. hehehe
You won't find me at the King this time!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Nellie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wont find you at the King? And why is that??

Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Moldy, I have the 21" skinny tire on the front of my Softail. i am not a big fan of it. It looks good, but rides poor, in my estimation.

I was on a Sporty just south of the Busch brewery in St. Louis, where there is a big open area to The River, and a huge gust moved me almost a full lane over. Scared me silly. Needless to say, I got off the Interstate and rode side streets back home. I lived close to the city then.

No plastic tape, but I did encounter some inch tall tar snakes in Arkansas 2 years ago. Tar snakes tend to give me the heebie jeebies sometimes. The only good thing about the preponderance of chip and seal roads around here is that there are no tar snakes on them. Lots of tar and rocks, but no snakes.