The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Looks perdy Ken.
Thanks... getting there slowly....

Old 06-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Did some more fab on the oil bag... welded some fillers on top to conceal the battery box...
Nice welding. Do you have one of those instant dark lenses? Never used one, sounds like it'd be way handier than flipping the hood down for every strike. My hood predates that tech, and the glass is getting so cruddy can hardly see what I'm doing. Thinking about getting a new hood with the new lens tech instead of just replacing my glass. So far ain't doing so hot with the flux core welder, gotta do better'n I have before touching the glide, hoping it's mostly cause I can hardly see what I'm doing.

Used to be able to lay a short bead with a stick with my eyes closed, but I was going through a buncha sticks a day back then, ain't used a stick welder in over 20 years.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Nice welding. Do you have one of those instant dark lenses? Never used one, sounds like it'd be way handier than flipping the hood down for every strike. My hood predates that tech, and the glass is getting so cruddy can hardly see what I'm doing. Thinking about getting a new hood with the new lens tech instead of just replacing my glass. So far ain't doing so hot with the flux core welder, gotta do better'n I have before touching the glide, hoping it's mostly cause I can hardly see what I'm doing.

Used to be able to lay a short bead with a stick with my eyes closed, but I was going through a buncha sticks a day back then, ain't used a stick welder in over 20 years.
Yuup.. use a new fangled hood with cheaters in it... can see much better, easier on the neck.... I have a mig setup Thermal Arc.. nice machine....

Old 06-25-2014, 07:29 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

I keep thinkin about it an one of these days I'm gonna buy one of them instant dark helmets. I'm like you Wally...my old helmet is gettin pretty rough. Think I get my face down there too close to my work!!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:30 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by gs34doc
I keep thinkin about it an one of these days I'm gonna buy one of them instant dark helmets. I'm like you Wally...my old helmet is gettin pretty rough. Think I get my face down there too close to my work!!
Get the cheaters doc... come in all magnifications, don't neeed your bifugals...

Old 06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Naw....even when my eyes were good I tended to get my nose down in the middle of what I was doing.
Hey...anybody heard from Herb??

Old 06-25-2014, 07:38 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Naw....even when my eyes were good I tended to get my nose down in the middle of what I was doing.
Hey...anybody heard from Herb??
Yer getting to ole for dat stuff doc..... getting yer nose in dere I mean....

Haven't heard a werd...

Old 06-25-2014, 07:47 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
What a gawdawful day. Started with a toe hurting. Daughter took me to the ER about 3am, they basically said hmm, that's a new one, better see your doc. Gee, thanks... At least it got better on it's own at the hospital. Doc this afternoon said it's a nerve, taking some meds to calm it down. For a couple hours, felt like high voltage hiccups up to three times a minute, got hard to breath. Feel fine... Zap! Along with intense pain in the toe, and in usually less than a second, back to normal. That's just weird. Ow! Ok, feel fine. Ow!... After a while, the anticipation was almost as bad as the zap.
Belly & chest feel like they've had a workout from those whole body spams. Was afraid I'd have a heart attack or stroke from the strain. Doc said that could happen, too. Gettin old sucks.

Supposed to be a nice day tomorrow, and nobody else here all day. And I ain't even gonna think about trying to pull the boots on. Dammit. Guess I could get a new will...
Now, that just does not sound like any fun at all, Moldy. I hope you doc who knows what the heck he's talking about and gets it taken care of.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
Now, that just does not sound like any fun at all, Moldy. I hope you doc who knows what the heck he's talking about and gets it taken care of.
Suuup Sco....T??

Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Yuup.. use a new fangled hood with cheaters in it... can see much better, easier on the neck.... I have a mig setup Thermal Arc.. nice machine....
Those auto helmets getting cheaper too! New prices starting the first of the year.