The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Checkin' in......maybe on those 'lektrikal Harleys, they could put dual megaphone loudspeakers on in place of mufflers with a sound system. Then ya can download different exhaust sounds from iTunes. Think I should call MOCO and suggest it?
I think you are on to something, Carabu Al. Except I think you should create your own system and make your fortune off all 3 people who buy one!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM
scoteh
Club Member

The guys are almost done with the steps here, and they look very nice. My sister and her husband tore all the carpet out of their house and replaced it with hardwood flooring. The flooring is of a wide variety, and it reminds me of a good barn loft floor. It looks real nice, if that is what you like. It is not my thing, but it's not my floor, either.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Susan's med tests are scheduled for the first week of July, so that puts a bit of a crimp in my attendance............i will figure something out about visiting some of youse guys when you get home.

Love the sig pic Sco..............T, i can relate

Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,613 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Bad day for truck driving and traffic in the St. Louis area. I-55 has been closed for many hours in both directions, with the southbound lames just opening. A north bound truck carrying hazardous waste caught on fire, which was the original cause for the closures. Then later, 2 miles to the south, one semi rear-ended another semi while approaching the stopped traffic, killing the driver in the back truck and causing additional closures. I just called Chris and told her she may as well stay at work, as it would be useless to get into the aftermath just yet.
saw a lot of drivers last night throw caution to the wind........80-90 mile an hour was the norm.........I am governed to 68, but the down hill is where ya can get in the worst trouble.........I stay back and rarely get caught up on a another icc bar........That being said A safe following distance is just that.....

Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by rocket23
saw a lot of drivers last night throw caution to the wind........80-90 mile an hour was the norm.........I am governed to 68, but the down hill is where ya can get in the worst trouble.........I stay back and rarely get caught up on a another icc bar........That being said A safe following distance is just that.....
Well, you just keep remembering that and we'll be jabbering for much longer!

The truck that caught on fire ended up not having anything hazardous. The fire was started by the brakes. Big ooooops.

Both of the trucks involved in the second wreck went crispy. Unfortunately, the driver of the rear truck went crispy, also.

Last edited by scoteh; 06-20-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:10 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Susan's med tests are scheduled for the first week of July, so that puts a bit of a crimp in my attendance............i will figure something out about visiting some of youse guys when you get home.

Love the sig pic Sco..............T, i can relate
Bummer, Herb. It would have been a gas with you along!

I found that pic to be quite appropriate.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Mine was almost as stock as it could be. I bought it new in '76, $3600, and it didn't even come with a hole for an antenna. When I put my stereo in, I drilled a hole in the center of the trunk lid and mounted a shorty antenna there. That was during my "lots of things I was doing were not legal" days, and it was great to slip around unnoticed. Heck, I even kept the cheap, little hub caps on it. Regardless, it was very dependable, it never broke down, and relatively fun to drive. Got great gas mileage, too. I sure took a lot of crap from my friends, though!
My Dad bought one new, loaded, Power everything, auto, ac; they usually got about 15mpg and it was a slug. Went on a night trip with brother and Mom; he got about 15mpg on a tank, and then I drove (gas crisis days, most stations closed at night, '73 or '74 I think). I didn't go over 65, let it slow down as much as 45 on some of the hills, didn't use the brights (car would actually bog a bit when you hit the brights, just like ac compressor kicking in - was in winter, no ac), and I got 35mpg. The souped up one I had got in the 30's burning rubber. Another reason I've souped up several cars (before computers), always got better gas mileage. Before 'puter control, slug engines were inefficient; I had V8's getting better mileage than the same car with a 6. Had some stock V8's that were doing good at 12mpg, too.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Checkin' in......maybe on those 'lektrikal Harleys, they could put dual megaphone loudspeakers on in place of mufflers with a sound system. Then ya can download different exhaust sounds from iTunes. Think I should call MOCO and suggest it?
That's been seriously tried with electric cars; some folks were saying they were dangerous 'cause no one would hear them coming. Guess they don't pay much attention to gas engine cars, some are so quiet you barely hear them in a garage, are silent in a parking lot.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
Moldie a stretchy tv hose expands when you turn on the water & how did you use an umbrella that was in a van at the neighbors? lol
That's why I got wet the next time, too, had to get the umbrella out of the van. I gotta remember to take it out next time - or get another umbrella for the house. Used to have a neat little one for the cage, but the wind caught it a while back and it sprayed umbrella parts like shrapnel, never had one do that before.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
That's been seriously tried with electric cars; some folks were saying they were dangerous 'cause no one would hear them coming. Guess they don't pay much attention to gas engine cars, some are so quiet you barely hear them in a garage, are silent in a parking lot.
haha....have an SUV with the push button start and stop. Can't tell you how many times I've locked it and walked away from it with the controller in my hand and left it running. Walked right in front of it and didn't hear the engine running. Wife's car is like that, too....can't hear the darn thing. Wife says I can't hear anything..tell her I've never left my bike running and walked away from it.