The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikers and assholes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013 | 09:59 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by TXSwede
As I understand it there were up to 7 LEO's in that group that confronted the SUV.
started at two, now up to seven including a UC

Old 10-07-2013 | 10:45 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Several UC's last I heard.

Old 10-07-2013 | 10:52 PM
ColoFXDC
Tourer

Originally Posted by medic0446
Cyclists have just as much right to the road as any motor vehicle. Just like in the pictures, you will have jerks taking up the entire road. We also have to obey the law. Pace line no more than two abreast.
No they don't. Until they have to purchase insurance, get their bicycles plated and obtain and pay for a special license, do they have any "right" to be on the road.

Until then, cyclists are a burden and a safety hazard.

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:03 PM
ColoFXDC
Tourer

A friend of mine and I were out for a morning ride, on our bicycles. We were on the far right of a two lane road when we get buzzed my a guy in a pick up truck. We said a few choice words but let it go. He then turns around, drives pass us in the oppsite lane and turns around again. This time he runs us off the road. The both of us being very pissed off and strong riders, we catch up to him. I get his plate and my friend goes to talk with the driver. He runs the red light and goes about his business.

A couple days later my friend calls me says he coming to pick me up and we are going to have a conversation with the driver of the truck. He's a police office and has a warrant for his arrest for two counts of vehicular assault. Needless to say that driver did not have a good day after he saw us and realized who he ran off the road.

I don't generalize and say everyone who drives a truck is an ******* nor do I think we "should have known better".

Also, you never know what these "road ferries" do for a living.
That never ****ing happened.

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:06 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
Most bicyclists also drive motor vehicles and pay taxes, so I call BS on your statement.
Nope - I have to pay road tax on ALL my vehicles, including many thousands of $$ on my commercial vehicles. Bicycles pay squat and their mere presence on narrow two lane roads cause a hazard to themselves and others. MV's pay for roads - not push bikes.

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:49 PM
medic0446
Advanced

Every time I read most of these posts, I am reminded of the intolerance most of the people here. One would think that a group of people who are categorized on a regular basis would have tolerance towards other. But that is what I get for thinking. I've come to the conclusion that most of the people here are narrow minded and don't have a clue.

Troll all you want.

Old 10-08-2013 | 12:00 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Im intolerant of ********. Plain and simple. These guys who pulled a family out of their car and beat a man in front of his wife and daughter are ********.

Last edited by TXSwede; 10-08-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2013 | 08:06 AM
Cholo
Cruiser

Were they UC's or just off duty? My guess would be the latter. Even read this morning that one of the off duty piggies was one of the guys beating on the side of the SUV.

Old 10-08-2013 | 08:20 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Every time I read most of these posts, I am reminded of the intolerance most of the people here. One would think that a group of people who are categorized on a regular basis would have tolerance towards other. But that is what I get for thinking. I've come to the conclusion that most of the people here are narrow minded and don't have a clue.
I concur. Bikers are generally for less government interference and personal freedom but now some of you are advocating cyclists to be licensed, shouldn't be able to share the road, have blinkers, etc. and probably helmets too. Hypocrite much? Thread over.