The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikers and assholes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013 | 09:07 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

[quote=Guitardude;11846792]but so many groups DON'T obey the laws and instead block traffic and create a major safety hazard.

+1

when you can't meet the minimum speed limit you shouldn't be on the road. My dad would have beat my *** if I had ridden my bike in traffic and BLOCKING traffic like some of these people do

Bicycles were on the road long before motor vehicles were. They STILL have as much right to the road as motor vehicles. As far as blocking the road from faster traffic, as long as they obey the rules of the road (keeping right, etc.), it takes a whole lot less effort to put your foot on the brake than it does to pedal a bicycle (especially uphill). Get over it!

Old 10-07-2013 | 09:25 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Agreed! I hated how the news kept calling them "bikers". Those street punks would faint if the saw a real biker.

Old 10-07-2013 | 09:34 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with the statements about bicyclist riding on SOME public roads, such as highways. In town or country roads, I'm cool with it since it rarely causes a traffic issue and vehicle traffic is moving much slower.
What I do have a problem with is the asshats cycling down the highway thinking they own the road. It's not the tour de France! It's dangerous and unsafe for them, as well as other motorists. If you can't keep up with traffic, you have no business on the highway....don't care if you're on a bicycle, golf cart, or lawn mower. A 2 lane or 4 lane highway is no place for cyclists, regardless if you're obeying the traffic laws or not. If you're riding on the shoulder out of the traffic lane, then that's different.

Old 10-07-2013 | 10:34 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
What would you expect from another ghetto gang. This inner city cancer has ben going on for some time. We [FD/EMS] would pick up many of these assclowns every riding season when their defected brains would out ride their limited abilities. Having a lying sack o crap leading the country has just emboldened them in their typical ghetto criminal behavior.
SSDD Imagine my complete surprise
Sounds like you have something against certain ethnicities even though there were multiple ethnicities and classes of people (including off duty police) in that group but you choose to single out one group. I wonder why. I'm glad I don't see much of this in my age group or the universities we've attended.

Old 10-07-2013 | 10:40 AM
taygull
Tourer

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
Most bicyclists also drive motor vehicles and pay taxes, so I call BS on your statement.
Well...that is a stupid statement.

If you own no motor vehicle and your only mode of transportation is a bicycle you don't have to pay road taxes...

If you are going to use a road funded by tax dollars and vehicle registration then any vehicle using the road should be licensed. With that said the current laws give bicycles the same right of way as motorized vehicles.. they just need to obey the same laws...and use a bit of common sense...which quite a few of them don't do.

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:04 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior

What would you expect from another ghetto gang. This inner city cancer has ben going on for some time. We [FD/EMS] would pick up many of these assclowns every riding season when their defected brains would out ride their limited abilities. Having a lying sack o crap leading the country has just emboldened them in their typical ghetto criminal behavior.
SSDD Imagine my complete surprise

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:15 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior

"What would you expect from another ghetto gang. This inner city cancer has ben going on for some time. We [FD/EMS] would pick up many of these assclowns every riding season when their defected brains would out ride their limited abilities. Having a lying sack o crap leading the country has just emboldened them in their typical ghetto criminal behavior".
MJRFD99, you should stop listening to Rush Limbaugh, cause your ****ed up!

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:25 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
Most bicyclists also drive motor vehicles and pay taxes, so I call BS on your statement.
If you're way over on the shoulder, and don't mind someone passing you doing the speed limit, then i have no problem with you. But if you actually want to be half *** in my lane, and i have to deal with you AND oncoming traffic, then you ought to be licensed, tagged with lights and blinkers, AND be able to at least do the minimum Goddamned speed limit.

There are many parks and places for bicyclists that doesn't include PUBLIC HIGHWAY'S with fast traffic. In fact, there's a very wide, 10 mile concrete trail thru my town here for bicyclists. Ride there and stay off the Goddamned highway if you can't do the speed limit!!

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:33 AM
medic0446
Advanced

A friend of mine and I were out for a morning ride, on our bicycles. We were on the far right of a two lane road when we get buzzed my a guy in a pick up truck. We said a few choice words but let it go. He then turns around, drives pass us in the oppsite lane and turns around again. This time he runs us off the road. The both of us being very pissed off and strong riders, we catch up to him. I get his plate and my friend goes to talk with the driver. He runs the red light and goes about his business.

A couple days later my friend calls me says he coming to pick me up and we are going to have a conversation with the driver of the truck. He's a police office and has a warrant for his arrest for two counts of vehicular assault. Needless to say that driver did not have a good day after he saw us and realized who he ran off the road.

I don't generalize and say everyone who drives a truck is an ******* nor do I think we "should have known better".

Also, you never know what these "road ferries" do for a living.

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:45 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

Originally Posted by medic0446
A friend of mine and I were out for a morning ride, on our bicycles. We were on the far right of a two lane road when we get buzzed my a guy in a pick up truck. We said a few choice words but let it go. He then turns around, drives pass us in the oppsite lane and turns around again. This time he runs us off the road. The both of us being very pissed off and strong riders, we catch up to him. I get his plate and my friend goes to talk with the driver. He runs the red light and goes about his business.

A couple days later my friend calls me says he coming to pick me up and we are going to have a conversation with the driver of the truck. He's a police office and has a warrant for his arrest for two counts of vehicular assault. Needless to say that driver did not have a good day after he saw us and realized who he ran off the road.

I don't generalize and say everyone who drives a truck is an ******* nor do I think we "should have known better".

Also, you never know what these "road ferries" do for a living.
KARMA at its best including the asshats on the rockets...stopping traffic to do stunts? Dumb!

Last edited by fxdwg_rugby; 10-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: bikers and assholes