The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikers and assholes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013 | 06:12 AM
Guitardude
Club Member

Originally Posted by medic0446
Cyclists have just as much right to the road as any motor vehicle. Just like in the pictures, you will have jerks taking up the entire road. We also have to obey the law. Pace line no more than two abreast.
but so many groups DON'T obey the laws and instead block traffic and create a major safety hazard.

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Until they start paying road taxes like motor vehicles do - I will continue to call BS any time I hear that statement
+1

Originally Posted by alucard9899
Might have to agree about the cyclist here in AZ. More people on bicycles in Southern AZ then i have ever seen in New England and most of them seem to think that they have more rights then i do in a car/Harley. With as many deaths in the news you would think they would be better.

That in what is with Runners running in the damn street??? That's why they have side walks.
when you can't meet the minimum speed limit you shouldn't be on the road. My dad would have beat my *** if I had ridden my bike in traffic and BLOCKING traffic like some of these people do

Originally Posted by dickey
people on bicycles thinking its the tour de france obstructing traffic...

I hate those bastards with their fruity looking full regalia. Buncha dorks.

I know it frustrates the h**l

Why didn't you spell out "HELL"? Hell; I spell out everything except the "F" word. We're Harley riders, dammit...not Sunday school teachers. I think we can take it.
you tell em, Dicky!

Old 10-07-2013 | 06:34 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

I watched the video and it seems like the Squid in the T Shirt and Blue Jeans on the White Bike just at the left front corner of the Range Rover intentionally slowed down. I've seen riders do exactltly that before to force a car to slow down. The usual intent, is to make the car slow down so that other riders behind the car can more easily pass it. But in this case the Squid did it with so little room between his bike and the Range Rover, and/or did it so quickly that the Driver of the Range Rover didn't (or couldn't) react in time and so he hit the Squid. Also with a swarm of bikes passing on both sides at various speeds it seems reasonable to assume that the Driver was probably distracted trying to understand and keep track of what was going on around him. Then, after having hit the bike, and having other riders surround his car slashing his tires and trying to get to him by opening his Drivers Door when he stopped . . . I can easily see how panic would have set in. At that point the Drivers only thought probably, and in my mind reasonably, with his wife and child in the car, would have centered on getting the hell out of there . . . no matter what! I've seen plenty of A-Hole drivers, as I imagine most if not all of us have . . . but in this case I just don't see it in these videos. All I see is: 1.) A Squid causing an accident, 2.) Then the car Driver being attacted by other Squids and then, 3.) The Driver of the car trying to keep his family safe by fleeing and in the process running over more bikes. A lot of Riders (and the Driver of the Range Rover) got hurt in this whole mess, and I wish I could side with those riding a bike in any accident with any car, having been there and done that myself; but in this case, IMHO these Squids caused their own problems, and in doing so hurt the non-riding persons view of anyone on two wheels. For that I am truely disappointed.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 10-07-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2013 | 06:34 AM
duty2
Road Captain

Originally Posted by medic0446
Cyclists have just as much right to the road as any motor vehicle. Just like in the pictures, you will have jerks taking up the entire road. We also have to obey the law. Pace line no more than two abreast.
They do have the right to be on the road just like any other vehicle BUT in Illinois they also have to obey all the same laws that a motorcycle, car or truck do. So they need to stop at stop signs and lights, yield, signal their turns, watch their speed, ect, ect.. But we know this won't happen so vehicle operators will always have hard feelings when it comes to bicycle riders.

Old 10-07-2013 | 07:18 AM
medic0446
Advanced

Most of these comments towards cyclists can be applied to motorcycle riders as well. But we are on the HD forum.

The group I ride with follows all traffic laws and we can maintain the posted speed limits on our route. However, they are speed limits, not minimums. We've been stopped for speeding on more than one occasion.

Saying that with all the accidents...cyclists should know better is the same as saying that motorcycle riders should know better.

I think we can agree that every group, whether it's sport bikes, Harley riders or cyclists have a segment of ******** within them. That segment gives all of us a bad name.

Ride safe

Old 10-07-2013 | 07:19 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member

What would you expect from another ghetto gang. This inner city cancer has ben going on for some time. We [FD/EMS] would pick up many of these assclowns every riding season when their defected brains would out ride their limited abilities. Having a lying sack o crap leading the country has just emboldened them in their typical ghetto criminal behavior.
SSDD Imagine my complete surprise

Old 10-07-2013 | 07:29 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Until they start paying road taxes like motor vehicles do - I will continue to call BS any time I hear that statement
That's an excellent point and I agree with you, but legally it holds no water.

Old 10-07-2013 | 07:54 AM
goo
|
Tourer

re:" Until they start paying road taxes like motor vehicles do - I will continue to call BS any time I hear that statement."

i run 20 miles a week some of it on roads and a 35 year old fat guy in an f-350 duelly diesel hollered something like that at me. told him I got 4 motacycles and a car and told him to **** himself and would he like to get out of his truck. he didn't. (i'm 67)

Last edited by goo; 10-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2013 | 08:20 AM
charlieapes
Cruiser

Let me tell you something, I see these douchebags all the time. I am an NYC biker, I ride in a club and i am damn tired of the news media labeling these thugs on Ricers as bikers. They may be riding motorcycles but they sure as hell ain't bikers. They tried to pull this crap in Times Square but NYPD boxed them out and as i understand it impounded a few bikes. Then they took their circus over to the West Side hiway so they could act like ******** on a larger scale. They got what they deserved. if it had been me and my wife and kid in the car I would have taken out as many of them as i could. Their actions put the rest of us who ride in formation, take lanes as a group and basically obey the rules for riding in a pack in great danger. Wait until the next little old lady or tourist gets spooked when a pack of Harleys (and of course you will hear them before you see them) ride by. These people are gonna freak out and someone who matters will get hurt. There are a lot of actual bikers in NYC and riding these streets is dangerous enough without this kind of crap and attention. I hope that ****er in the hospital never walks again. Maybe these "Stunt riders" will learn a lesson. At least one of them will never ride again. The price you pay for stupidity is steep. Time for him to pay.

Old 10-07-2013 | 08:57 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by BLKPRLFLHTCU
We have another problem here, people on bicycles thinking its the tour de france obstructing traffic... Sometimes there is a dozen of them at a time you have to go into the oncoming lane to get by them. I call them "Roadferries".
I ride a bicycle and wear that sort of gear, but I`m not of that group. I still obey traffic laws.

Old 10-07-2013 | 09:01 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Most bicyclists also drive motor vehicles and pay taxes, so I call BS on your statement.

Quick Reply: bikers and assholes