The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 things I dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013 | 10:20 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by johnjay
Never ride in groups anymore unless I run into a HOG thingy, then I will detour or wait them out anywhere. Always fill up before I garage the bike at night. Don't wave anymore. If I can't spell it I pick another word...if I notice. Like women riders. Everyone goes down at least once...be careful, your turn could be next.
Ain`t that the truth. I went down while trying to load my Dyna on a tip down trailer. `Didn`t hold the front brake well enough and it started rolling back......

Old 09-21-2013 | 10:29 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
This has turned somewhat entertaining. But, when the best comeback someone has is about spelling and language usauge, well, that is pretty sad.

Two of the top 10 things I do not understand are: 1) People who feel the need to belittle other folks who don't spell well. 2) People who think that grammar is actually important on an Internet forum that is supposedly about motorcycles.

I am pretty sure there is a forum for Language Arts fanatics out there somewhere for those of you who are so inclined.

Beyond those two things, there are a lot of things about people that I do not understand, nor care to understand. Humanity is its own worst enemy.
I don't have to answer to you, but for the sake of others who are reading this thread I just have a few comments about your post. First off, you read this entire thread and that's your takeaway? That it's about spelling? You missed the point by a mile.

Second of all when some idiot quotes one of my comments and directly calls me an ******* (except he spelled the word wrong), I am going to reply to it. If he can't string together even one English sentence using proper words then I'm going to call him a retard and move on. You see, if he doesn't use the right words, I don't know what the hell he's trying to say to insult me. It's all gibberish.

For you to read all this and take away that it's all about spelling and grammar shows that you didn't even read the thread. You see a spelling comment, fixate on it and go off on a rant about an out of context post.

So I'm going to add my own item to the list of the OP...

11) People who think they are the internet police, pull a post out of context and denigrate the author of said post.

Old 09-21-2013 | 01:03 PM
xracer110
|
Road Captain

#14 how I can create a small entertaining list thats motorcycle related meant in good fun can be used a outlet against grammar and anti group rides. As far as the bad grammar guys, most of us went right to work after highschool and the only time we write anything is on here. But you know what, we can build really cool **** with our hands and minds!

Old 09-21-2013 | 02:38 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Good grief!! I leave for a few days and this place goes to Hell! All y'all go to YOUR time out corners until you can learn to work and play well with others, otherwise I am putting this little incident on YOUR permanent records.
Funny thing is I would bet most folks who get into 'internet altercations' would enjoy having a cold one with one another if they met in real life. Particularly in light of the fact the common thread here is their like of Harley motorcycles. As my Mom always said, "they don't put all the big cats in the same cage".

Old 09-21-2013 | 06:49 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Old 09-24-2013 | 06:21 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member

Don't sit around thinking about what you don't understand, think about the things you do and can understand and you will be much better off.

Old 09-24-2013 | 06:53 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
I don't have to answer to you, but for the sake of others who are reading this thread I just have a few comments about your post. First off, you read this entire thread and that's your takeaway? That it's about spelling? You missed the point by a mile.

Second of all when some idiot quotes one of my comments and directly calls me an ******* (except he spelled the word wrong), I am going to reply to it. If he can't string together even one English sentence using proper words then I'm going to call him a retard and move on. You see, if he doesn't use the right words, I don't know what the hell he's trying to say to insult me. It's all gibberish.

For you to read all this and take away that it's all about spelling and grammar shows that you didn't even read the thread. You see a spelling comment, fixate on it and go off on a rant about an out of context post.

So I'm going to add my own item to the list of the OP...

11) People who think they are the internet police, pull a post out of context and denigrate the author of said post.
Sad, just plain old sad that poor zeus got his panties all twisted and bunched up...again.

Old 09-24-2013 | 08:48 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
Sad, just plain old sad that poor zeus got his panties all twisted and bunched up...again.

Sez the guy who's screen named after the skid mark in his gonch.

Ironic or what? haha.

Old 09-25-2013 | 07:07 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
Sez the guy who's screen named after the skid mark in his gonch.

Ironic or what? haha.
I knew you'd be back. You're just to easy.
Continue with your BS, because after all, it is the BS section and you are the master of BS.

Old 09-25-2013 | 07:17 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Too...

Quick Reply: 10 things I dont understand