The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 things I dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013 | 06:56 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Good grief!! I leave for a few days and this place goes to Hell! All y'all go to YOUR time out corners until you can learn to work and play well with others, otherwise I am putting this little incident on YOUR permanent records.

Old 09-21-2013 | 07:41 AM
scoteh
Club Member

This has turned somewhat entertaining. But, when the best comeback someone has is about spelling and language usauge, well, that is pretty sad.

Two of the top 10 things I do not understand are: 1) People who feel the need to belittle other folks who don't spell well. 2) People who think that grammar is actually important on an Internet forum that is supposedly about motorcycles.

I am pretty sure there is a forum for Language Arts fanatics out there somewhere for those of you who are so inclined.

Beyond those two things, there are a lot of things about people that I do not understand, nor care to understand. Humanity is its own worst enemy.

Last edited by scoteh; 09-21-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2013 | 08:03 AM
mtinner
Road Master

I'm with you all the way Skidder.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:07 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
This has turned somewhat entertaining. But, when the best comeback someone has is about spelling and language usauge, well, that is pretty sad.

Two of the top 10 things I do not understand are: 1) People who feel the need to belittle other folks who don't spell well. 2) People who think that grammar is actually important on an Internet forum that is supposedly about motorcycles.

I am pretty sure there is a forum for Language Arts fanatics out there somewhere for those of you who are so inclined.

Beyond those two things, there are a lot of things about people that I do not understand, nor care to understand. Humanity is its own worst enemy.
Ain't it the truth.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:12 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtinner
I'm with you all the way Skidder.
Spelling does not count anymore in this new age world.
Drinking skills seem to be all the rage now days.
Hi Tinner.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:17 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

#7 is bogus. Some guys like stock, plus in some States they are cracking down and can make you park the bike and trailer it home.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:22 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh

Spelling, grammar and the like is what makes us the intelligent species. The new generation is losing these skills thanks to texting, Microsoft Word with spell check and all the other **** out there thanks makes using our brains a thing of the past. Yes, the need to address it on a thread is a little over the top but some of the spelling on this site is just plain sad.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:24 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
I don't own any cranky pants. Are you wearing you're smart *** panties?
Is she wearing panties period? Photos a must.

Old 09-21-2013 | 08:44 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dansax
Spelling, grammar and the like is what makes us the intelligent species. The new generation is losing these skills thanks to texting, Microsoft Word with spell check and all the other **** out there thanks makes using our brains a thing of the past. Yes, the need to address it on a thread is a little over the top but some of the spelling on this site is just plain sad.
Sez the man that spells PHAT 13...

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:22 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior

Never ride in groups anymore unless I run into a HOG thingy, then I will detour or wait them out anywhere. Always fill up before I garage the bike at night. Don't wave anymore. If I can't spell it I pick another word...if I notice. Like women riders. Everyone goes down at least once...be careful, your turn could be next.

Quick Reply: 10 things I dont understand