The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 things I dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013 | 06:03 PM
xracer110
|
Road Captain

#22 why the guy with either the biggest bike or the most expensive bike thinks they are more important or self nominated group leader.

Old 09-27-2013 | 10:46 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
I don't have to answer to you, but for the sake of others who are reading this thread I just have a few comments about your post. First off, you read this entire thread and that's your takeaway? That it's about spelling? You missed the point by a mile.

Second of all when some idiot quotes one of my comments and directly calls me an ******* (except he spelled the word wrong), I am going to reply to it. If he can't string together even one English sentence using proper words then I'm going to call him a retard and move on. You see, if he doesn't use the right words, I don't know what the hell he's trying to say to insult me. It's all gibberish.

For you to read all this and take away that it's all about spelling and grammar shows that you didn't even read the thread. You see a spelling comment, fixate on it and go off on a rant about an out of context post.

So I'm going to add my own item to the list of the OP...

11) People who think they are the internet police, pull a post out of context and denigrate the author of said post.
Most of y'all skip to #23)!

I left this alone for a bit, but I finally waited to see what Zuess' retort would be. I read the entire post, bud. Perhaps YOU should go back and read it again. Now, go look at the title of the thread and tell me again how I missed the big picture. BTW, I was addressing my reply to you in particular, but to everyone in general.

I agree with those that bemoan the loss of language skills in our population. BUT, as I used to discuss with my students: There is a manner of talking/typing/texting that is acceptable within your peer group. Nevertheless, we should all he able to use, in whatever form, the King's English (or whatever language) whenever it is required or appropriate. Success is hard to achieve with poor language skills.

Zuess, do you really want me to go back with my red pen and nail all of your mistakes? This an internet motorcycle forum, and this is perhaps the 10th time you have ranted about poor language skills. Get over it. Time and place, it is all about time and place.

Sorry folks, but as a former teacher I had to learn the difference between in the classroom and out of the classroom. People do not like to be called stupid, or for anyone to imply they are stupid. Correcting language usage falls under the use of implications.

#23) Group leaders who believe they are all that because they can ride with the biggest cigar imaginable in their mouth.

Old 09-27-2013 | 11:26 AM
SinisterX
Road Warrior

Back to the party already.

Originally Posted by Firewoman
You might want to wait on that until the corn has been picked so people have a place to camp. I know I'm not partying in a corn field that is still up, have you ever seen those huge yellow and black corn spiders? I've met up with way too many in my day, they are scary!
Forget the spiders, you ever seen Children of the Corn?

Old 09-27-2013 | 12:36 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roni
Hey! Don't you disparage my mother like that. She always uses bills to pay for her "40".
She's a RUA.

Old 09-27-2013 | 01:05 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
Most of y'all skip to #23)!

I left this alone for a bit, but I finally waited to see what Zuess' retort would be. I read the entire post, bud. Perhaps YOU should go back and read it again. Now, go look at the title of the thread and tell me again how I missed the big picture. BTW, I was addressing my reply to you in particular, but to everyone in general.

I agree with those that bemoan the loss of language skills in our population. BUT, as I used to discuss with my students: There is a manner of talking/typing/texting that is acceptable within your peer group. Nevertheless, we should all he able to use, in whatever form, the King's English (or whatever language) whenever it is required or appropriate. Success is hard to achieve with poor language skills.

Zuess, do you really want me to go back with my red pen and nail all of your mistakes? This an internet motorcycle forum, and this is perhaps the 10th time you have ranted about poor language skills. Get over it. Time and place, it is all about time and place.

Sorry folks, but as a former teacher I had to learn the difference between in the classroom and out of the classroom. People do not like to be called stupid, or for anyone to imply they are stupid. Correcting language usage falls under the use of implications.

#23) Group leaders who believe they are all that because they can ride with the biggest cigar imaginable in their mouth.

Oh gawd, what a mess. Look, it's all about name calling. He calls me an ******* I call him an idiot. It's as simple as that. If you counted 10 times then that's how many times he's insulted me. That's about all there is to it. And since when is it okay to call someone an ******* but calling them stupid is somehow taboo?

If you want to take the red pen to my written English I will very graciously accept your criticism. Typos I'm not interested in, but if there is a recurring error I make I would study your explanation and try my darnedest to get it right in the future.

Old 09-27-2013 | 03:40 PM
glasscannon
Banned

Originally Posted by xracer110
10] showing up for ride not fueled up.

9]every stop,texting or calling wife/gf

8]going 100mph every group ride

7]never changing exhaust, at least get slip on's

6]buying new bike, then getting license to ride

5]waving to every bike

4]customizing bike to the point of non ride able

3]the show SOA.

2]thinking a Honda or whatever is a Harley

number 1 thing I dont understand: why my neighbors like me.
Hmmmmm why isn't women on the list? cuz anyone who really understands them is either a woman or a liar

Old 09-27-2013 | 06:38 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

I personally like SoA. It is a violent crime drama geared specifically for men - it has fights, guns, sh*t blows up, hot chicks, and club style Dynas, which I love.

Oh, yeah, I guess they are supposed to be some sort of motorcycle club, too.

I guess it's just because of my poser'ness but I just take the show at face value of a soap opera for dudes that happens to have some bike related stuff tied to it. If I want reality and a documentary on the 81 I will, ya know, watch a documentary on the 81.

*hides*

Old 09-30-2013 | 09:58 AM
smudge
Tourer

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
What about inconsistent riding speeds? Hate that ****.
Amen to that! Asked the point man at a gas stop if he was able to maintain ONE speed, whatever the hell it was and he objected until a couple of guys backed me up. After that he went all Bat Out of Hell Mode! I can handle fast or slow but not this up and down *****. In general I don't like group rides now that I've left my club. I don't ride with guys whose skill level I don't personally know.

Old 09-30-2013 | 12:24 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by smudge
Amen to that! Asked the point man at a gas stop if he was able to maintain ONE speed, whatever the hell it was and he objected until a couple of guys backed me up. After that he went all Bat Out of Hell Mode! I can handle fast or slow but not this up and down *****. In general I don't like group rides now that I've left my club. I don't ride with guys whose skill level I don't personally know.
Hey Smudge, I have a little q for you on that topic. I find when I'm leading if I set my cruise to a constant speed, usually 120 (75mph or so), I usually leave the pack. Guys keep up on the straights but when we hit a hill or curve they fall back.

I think the problem is, if you don't have cruise you would have to change your throttle position to keep up. And I think when we're zipping along guys without electronic cruise will use the throttle pincher or just **** their wrist and hold it there. Changing throttle position for non electonic cruise guys is a chore.

So probably your buddy didn't have cruise, and just set his throttle pincher so when he hit a hill he slowed down, then sped up on the other side, etc. Do you think that's what's happening here?

#24) Why can't other riders keep up a 75mph constant speed? Maybe it's too fast for non-RoadGlide Harleys?

Old 09-30-2013 | 03:59 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

10] showing up for ride not fueled up.

I like to meet up AT a gas station

9]every stop,texting or calling wife/gf

I don't get it either.

8]going 100mph every group ride

Rarely happens with us. Only solo.

7]never changing exhaust, at least get slip on's\

Everyone has different tastes.

6]buying new bike, then getting license to ride

I don't get it either. get the license THEN the new bike!

5]waving to every bike

I don't get it either.

4]customizing bike to the point of non ride able

I don't get it either. But... folks can do what they like with their own money.

3]the show SOA.

It is stupid as hell, but I watch it anyway.

2]thinking a Honda or whatever is a Harley

I don't get it either. If you can't tell a harley from a ___________ (fill in the blank) you are a moron.

number 1 thing I dont understand: why my neighbors like me.

Mine don't.

Quick Reply: 10 things I dont understand