The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 things I dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013 | 10:09 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

This thread was good until it was highjacked, by cockfighting. I don't ride in groups because my good friends don't ride. The one time I went on a ride with a dealership, a rider fell down for no reason in the rain, his Road King bounced back up and took off at 40mph and richocheted off the median concrete barrier. If I hadn't extrapulated from my pool bank shots and realized I might be the side pocket, and accelerated out of the way I might have been taken out.
Also the thought of being in a group with half the people complaining I am going too fast, the other half saying too slow, half too close together, half too much space, go through the light, don't go through the light, etc.., makes me glad to ride solo.
I do envy people who have a small group of friends they enjoy riding together with. That would be ideal.

Old 09-25-2013 | 01:23 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

too... you're so easy.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:02 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by zeus33
Too...

4,6,8...who do we appreciate? Why you two, to, too of course. (and all the other great posters who keep it interesting) Great thread when you realize how unimportant a meaningless internet forum is in the greater scheme of life. My gift to you and skidder is a 2 week supply of blood pressure pills, a round of adult beverages and permission to dislike one another on the internet.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:26 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
4,6,8...who do we appreciate? Why you two, to, too of course. (and all the other great posters who keep it interesting) Great thread when you realize how unimportant a meaningless internet forum is in the greater scheme of life. My gift to you and skidder is a 2 week supply of blood pressure pills, a round of adult beverages and permission to dislike one another on the internet.
I apologize to you and any one else not involved with the animosity I feel towards zeus and his split personality.
I,m done with this pissing match and I bid you adieu.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:33 PM
xracer110
|
Road Captain

#15 why people correct grammar on internet but would never correct someone while they were talking in person.

#16 why I eat something at all the stops just to see if its good.

#17 why I never gone to sturgis yet

#18 why some people wont go on rides because they cant afford it [but still buy smokes]

#19 how someone can love to ride, but has never been to a mc race of any kind just to watch [mx,flattrack,hillclimb,road, drag]

#20 how I can change something major on my bike but have to point it out to my wife after talking bout it for a month, buying it, opening packages in living room, then installing it. she still cant see the parts installed.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:34 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
I apologize to you and any one else not involved with the animosity I feel towards zeus and his split personality.
I,m done with this pissing match and I bid you adieu.
No apology needed, I think it's hilarious. As I said in an earlier post I think some who are so at odds in internet forums would enjoy having a cold one with one another. As for the pissing match, I think at this point you are both 3'9" from the urinal and a **** off is in order to determine a winner.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:39 PM
xracer110
|
Road Captain

#21 why you can ride for one lane for miles and miles because of construction orange barrels and no work has been done in months. I actually think the state doesn't have a shed large enough to store them so they spread them along the road.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:46 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

Snickers for everybody!
Put 'em away and wash your hands first...

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:51 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by xracer110
#15 why people correct grammar on internet but would never correct someone while they were talking in person.

#16 why I eat something at all the stops just to see if its good.
Cullinary inquisitiveness and Harleys go hand in hand.

#17 why I never gone to sturgis yet
'Yet' is the key word.

#18 why some people wont go on rides because they cant afford it [but still buy smokes]
Most rides do not accept food stamps? I am stumped.

#19 how someone can love to ride, but has never been to a mc race of any kind just to watch [mx,flattrack,hillclimb,road, drag]
Just like those who enjoy the internet but have never been to a computer manufacturing plant perhaps?

#20 how I can change something major on my bike but have to point it out to my wife after talking bout it for a month, buying it, opening packages in living room, then installing it. she still cant see the parts installed.
This is too easy. Buy bigger parts, parts of another color, get a different spouse, don't talk about it for a month and make it a surprise and lastly only open the packages in the garage.

Old 09-25-2013 | 05:59 PM
xracer110
|
Road Captain

OKMICK,,, explain the orange barrels please. lol

Quick Reply: 10 things I dont understand