The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signs of an advanced rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013 | 08:37 PM
Broncolou
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
Enough said.

Funny Stuff!

Old 08-27-2013 | 09:38 PM
STpwmATC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by st john
When riding in town or fast country back-roads, get into the habit of ‘arming’ your brakes by riding with one finger constantly on the lever. You can still use the throttle and hold on to the bars, but should you have to brake hard and fast, just having your finger already on the brake will give you an advantage – a potential life saver.
Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, ( I'm still somewhat new at 5 years of riding) but I thought my instructors said not to do this. Saying they can't brake hard enough with one figure, so you'll need to get your hand on there to brake.. But in the cases where you DON'T want to brake, you may actually squeeze the break with that figure enough to screw you too..

Honestly, I ride "unarmed" and have had to jam the brakes a few differnt times, and still had time in my sitations. I Know there are situations out there my way won't work and ill have to hope my armor saves me.

But like I said, I'm still new! though 5 years IS enough time to pull a uturn on a back road with the wife on the back! :-) ya small victories lol

Old 08-29-2013 | 07:43 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
Enough said.

I've never seen a more badass picture......

Old 08-29-2013 | 08:06 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ooooh look! A dick measuring contest.

Old 08-29-2013 | 08:51 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

If you see a rider with a piece of fuel line hanging from his pantleg from a his homemade catheter... he's experienced.

Old 08-29-2013 | 10:51 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I read a lot of crap on this thread. Nevertheless, it is always heartwarming to know what a lousy motorcycle rider I am.

Old 08-29-2013 | 01:04 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,043 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I read a lot of crap on this thread. Nevertheless, it is always heartwarming to know what a lousy motorcycle rider I am.
Know the filling, Then I read the wrecked today, and I am scared to ride and then I read the tensioners/compensators, and then I think mine is going to blow up before I get home...What's a real biker to do.

Old 08-29-2013 | 02:34 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,668 Likes on 6,638 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Ooooh look! A dick measuring contest.
It's pretty much all we do...

Roosters puff up and crow, bulls snort and paw dust, we, well, you know, and it's kinda sad really...

Old 08-29-2013 | 04:27 PM
xracer110
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

even great riders cant account for dumb ***'s causing you wreck! walk through or near your local high school, I swear its a dumb *** breeding ground. Sure they can talk to each other 100 different ways on a computer. But I watched one kid at a football game hit 2 cars trying to park, and when he did park he went to the game!! I took pics and sent them to my buddy who's a cop. Im more afraid of stray cars full of dumb ***'s then I'm afraid of a new rider duckwalking, clutching too much, etc. cars are getting as bad and unpredictable as wild animals darting into the road. Hopefully this thred can change into: how can we spot dumbass's in cars sooner to save our own ***'s thred!!!!!

Old 08-29-2013 | 06:59 PM
Red Eye
Intermediate

I read the first 17 pages of this thread, some good stuff, then I jumped to here and found a whole lot of crap.

Who do you think is impressed? Not me?

Back to the topic.

Skilled riders have excellent lane position.

Skilled riders can easily turn slowly around a steep corner that is off cambered.

Skilled riders can look ahead, slow slightly and time the green light perfectly without dabbing.

Quick Reply: Signs of an advanced rider