The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23" Or 26" Wheel - Rake Or No Rake BAGGER

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:12 AM
jm074282
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23" Or 26" Wheel - Rake Or No Rake BAGGER

So gonna start buying my stuff for build.......

so far
- Bought stretched bags and rear stretched fender (finished paint)
(not installing till i have everything)
- Got the Black 12" Apes (Already Installed)

Gonna be selling my Monster Ovals so i can get the CFR Fluted Tip slip ons along with True Duals

My decision debate right now is on 23" vs 26" wheel
Obviously 26" gotta Rake it....
I Already know the wheel i want
just dont know if i wanna 26 or 23

23" well that leaves the debate of Rake or not Raked ?????
i just wanna get everyones input, in the end i of course will go with what i want one of my brothers has a 26" and cuzzin has 26" and a couple other buddies and uncle have 23" what do you think

does anyone photo shop here lol

Old 07-25-2013, 03:29 AM
jm074282
Advanced

23 or 26 rake this is my wheel

Attached Thumbnails 23" Or 26" Wheel - Rake Or No Rake BAGGER-f670bead6d11a1e5f5e261a974af6d5e.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Hot Harley Girl
Novice

Hi there,
I am also wanting to change out my Bike, to accomadate this HOT Look!
Soooooo........going with the 26" and the Rake is a MUST.....or......WHY even bother to do it???
Going with the 26" seems like a No Brainer!
Having said that......where is the best place to locate everything, that we need to do the transformation?
What are we looking at...Price wise.....to do the changes to get that HOT Sexy look?
I plan on doing mine, once our Riding season is done for this year.....and I have the Winter months to do all the work.
Question, has any one out there.....ridden with the Rake and the Big 26" on the front?
Just wondering how it handles...and IF.....there are any down sides.....to that Sexy Look?
When the Big ( At the Time) 250's and then the 300 PLUS size Rear Tires came out......the Look was sooooooo HOT....but......the knock on them...was the poor handling in the corners.
Just wondering......IF and what......the side efffects are, of going to the Rake and the 26" wheel?
Regardless.........I LOVE the Look!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 AM
jm074282
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hot Harley Girl
Hi there,
I am also wanting to change out my Bike, to accomadate this HOT Look!
Soooooo........going with the 26" and the Rake is a MUST.....or......WHY even bother to do it???
Going with the 26" seems like a No Brainer!
Having said that......where is the best place to locate everything, that we need to do the transformation?
What are we looking at...Price wise.....to do the changes to get that HOT Sexy look?
I plan on doing mine, once our Riding season is done for this year.....and I have the Winter months to do all the work.
Question, has any one out there.....ridden with the Rake and the Big 26" on the front?
Just wondering how it handles...and IF.....there are any down sides.....to that Sexy Look?
When the Big ( At the Time) 250's and then the 300 PLUS size Rear Tires came out......the Look was sooooooo HOT....but......the knock on them...was the poor handling in the corners.
Just wondering......IF and what......the side efffects are, of going to the Rake and the 26" wheel?
Regardless.........I LOVE the Look!!!

My brothers SG has 26" Raked, with a white wall and air ride system,
for the most part it sits very comfortable makes the bike feel much lighter as it sits lower, so sitting the bike up and down on kick stand is not so heavy as your feet are more planted .... but as far as the ride, only took off around the ways of course, didnt take his bike out for a long test ride..... it does take some getting used too thats for sure, but ride quality not bad .... turns are a lil wider, and of course having stretched bags also effects the higher speed turning, again i'm sure this is based on getting used to the bike like any other .... my boi has a 30" Raked RK and he road that beast to sturgis, Laughlin, Vegas, you name it and when we ride around he smashes out, with or without the woman,
he is actually the one who does all the work on the bikes ....
the cutting and all,
as far as where to buy, depends what you want...
and well you can purchase stuff online or find some connects ...Local....

so far as for pricing,

my bars ran $800 installed (12") apes...
Stretched bags (fiber Glass) $300 smooth inside. fender $120. paint ran me 250$
an air ride will run me $700 installed

but for the most part after all is said and done
your looking at aswell as myself 5-7k Roughly depending on the wheel .... and tire
but selling all the stock stuff your replacing gets some of the cash back

Last edited by jm074282; 07-25-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 AM
jm074282
Advanced

26 and 23 is not really a no brainer yes of course bigger looks more bad *** but the price of tires lol you gotta consider especially riding consistently .... 23 is like the middle point but again im undecided lets get some more comments i just love feed back

Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts
Default 23"!!!

You obviously already know that to get the 26" you have got to rake it and the general consensus as of 2 years ago for the 23" wheel was to do the HHI Trees and cut the frame and add on a new "Getraked" neck.
However, for the past 2 years ... we have been recommending this particular brand of 23" trees that you DO NOT have to cut your neck. We have sold now into the hundreds with 100% success. ... no complaints.

We know all about wheels, single disk conversions, triple tree kits, brakes and all of that good stuff so call us or email us for more info and pricing. Also... we offer 150 different style wheels on our site www.wanaryd.com and have 100s of wheels in stock as well.

Send us a message and we will help you out. ... Chances are... we have the wheel you are looking for too.

Originally Posted by jm074282
So gonna start buying my stuff for build.......

so far
- Bought stretched bags and rear stretched fender (finished paint)
(not installing till i have everything)
- Got the Black 12" Apes (Already Installed)

Gonna be selling my Monster Ovals so i can get the CFR Fluted Tip slip ons along with True Duals

My decision debate right now is on 23" vs 26" wheel
Obviously 26" gotta Rake it....
I Already know the wheel i want
just dont know if i wanna 26 or 23

23" well that leaves the debate of Rake or not Raked ?????
i just wanna get everyones input, in the end i of course will go with what i want one of my brothers has a 26" and cuzzin has 26" and a couple other buddies and uncle have 23" what do you think

does anyone photo shop here lol

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

23" is less expensive, 26" is bigger. With a 23" the Pickard Trees and lowering springs are really all you need aside from a fender and the wheel. For 26" the HHI trees and weld in neck are the best way to go. You can do a 23" without the rake but it is not what I would do to my bike. I do things in steps and will probably go from my 21 to a 23 first and then if need be to a 26. If you have questions or need help please feel free to give us a call here at the shop. (818)886-6545.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Go with the 26" raked. WTF are you thinking? You're going to do this project don't go half assed.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

SAnd if you do the 23" your neighbor will do the 26" and show you up and then you'll end up spending twice as much.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
DNC
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get the whole big wheel upgrade (would do a 21" myself max), but either way, thought you had to rake for 21" and over?

Quick Reply: 23" Or 26" Wheel - Rake Or No Rake BAGGER