The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by sslb Daigojim
Just a note: This forum has been going on since 2006.

You have our attention. In answer to your questions. Yes; we are a real M/C. We do not have to be validated by anyone. I have been riding for over forty years. I know about Clubs and Posers. I will let the individual decide which you are. For those who talk about 1%ers, it is my experiance it is safe for most behind a keyboard. I was a biker when we where formed in 1965, how about most on the road today? There is a brotherhood of bikers from the surberban mom and dad to those who skirt the law. We all use the same roads and choose what we think and follow. I am a member of this forum, I will be happy to talk to anyone in the brotherhood of bikers. sslb Daigojim
Okay I have questions:

So if you are a "lone biker" doesn't joining a club negate that?

If you are riding along and see another member do you guys acknowledge eachother or pretend not to see eachother. I mean this whole lone biker club thing is a bit weird don't you think?

If you are a lone biker, why bother paying to join a club of other lone bikers, I mean.. hello.. LONE BIKER... just having your bike and riding it alone qualifies you as a lone biker. Paying the 400 bucks or whatever for a lone biker patch just kinda seems to add "sucker" to someone's credentials.

Oh and if you guys have club meetings, what happens? Everyone shows up and pretends not to see eachother?

And what's up with the "you have OUR attention" I mean, seriously dude, you are a LONE BIKER, if you are talking in the plural about other lone bikers then that kind means that you aren't a LONE BIKER, right?

Other than that, nice first post newbie, welcome to the five year old forum.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
Okay I have questions:

So if you are a "lone biker" doesn't joining a club negate that?

If you are riding along and see another member do you guys acknowledge eachother or pretend not to see eachother. I mean this whole lone biker club thing is a bit weird don't you think?

If you are a lone biker, why bother paying to join a club of other lone bikers, I mean.. hello.. LONE BIKER... just having your bike and riding it alone qualifies you as a lone biker. Paying the 400 bucks or whatever for a lone biker patch just kinda seems to add "sucker" to someone's credentials.

Oh and if you guys have club meetings, what happens? Everyone shows up and pretends not to see eachother?

And what's up with the "you have OUR attention" I mean, seriously dude, you are a LONE BIKER, if you are talking in the plural about other lone bikers then that kind means that you aren't a LONE BIKER, right?

Other than that, nice first post newbie, welcome to the five year old forum.
I'm with you...... I mean I always thought a lone biker meant no club, definitely no patch, no friends, and oh yeah no paying $265 to exploit the status to do it as a loner usually rides on the down low... any loners I know seem to have been loners for free... lol. Listen man I ride because I grew up on bikes and around them. I never felt the need to status up doing it to prove anything because what ever came just came naturally as with most people and I never had to work at dressing the part... seriously.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
sslb Daigojim
Novice
Default Silent Skulls sslb Daigojim

kicken back

Last edited by sslb Daigojim; 02-03-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: kickin back
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, I hear you Daigojim. All that is fine and dandy but here's where your argument falls apart:

http://silentskulls.com/SelfIdentifing.htm

Based on your own site, this is a self identifing "test" to see if someone is Silent Skull material.

• Take this 'Skulls Aptitude Test' (SAT) to help you decide if you’re a Lone Biker.
  • Print the page and answer the 20 items Yes or No.
  • Score yourself 1 point for each Yes response.
  • Refer to the scoring key at the end of the questionnaire.
1. Do you mostly ride alone?
2. Are you a responsible rider for your own choices?
3. Do you do your own motorcycle maintenance?
4. Have you ever sniffed, inhaled or swallowed gasoline?
5. Will you ride as a club with no chapters?
6. Have you ever behaved in a disorderly fashion?
7. Do you ride in all types of weather?
8 Do you prefer to hang around in a group?
9. Do you respect and let live each and every biker?
10. Have you ever shouted ‘I am a Silent Skull Lone Biker’ when riding alone on a deserted road?
11. Do you know when to stay and when to ride out?
12. Are you either: from nowhere or just passing through?
13. Are you proud to wear the SSLB Club pin or patch on one
of your motorcycle vests or jackets?
14. Would you ride a chopper?
15. Have you deliberately disobeyed rules or regulations?
16. Have you kick started a motorcycle?
17. Do you stay calm and relaxed when questioned by police?
18. Would you like more saddle time?
19. Have you learned from you mistakes in life?
20. Above all, will you honor the Silent Skulls '13' for ' M' creed?

*Scoring key:
18 pts 'yes' or more – You’re definitely a self identified Lone Biker. Join when you are ready to be one of us.
15 to 17 pts 'yes'– You may be a future Silent Skull. Hang around another year by riding alone. Do this quiz again.
Below 15 pts 'yes'– Sorry Bro, you are not a true Lone Biker.
Would I ride a chopper? Have I ever shouted ‘I am a Silent Skull Lone Biker’ when riding alone on a deserted road? Have I kick started a motorcycle? Really? These are the question I answer to know as to whether or not I'm SS material? What do any of these things have to do with the concepts you just wrote about?

Now hey, I get the idea that the MC life isn't for everyone. I, for one, would not fit in it very well. I would enjoy the brotherhood but the life I choose to lead wouldn't allow for the commitment level required. I'm good with that. Other than the rules of society which I choose to live by, I'm not one for impossing even more rules upon my lifestyle. One more reason why club life isn't for me.

Believe it or not, what you propose SOUNDS like something I could get behind...an organization of riders, loosly tied together, who enjoy riding when they can, hanging out when they can, and not having any set of rules to follow. Guys that put a ton of miles on their sleds and would do it rain or shine, all year long if they could. Sad thing is, I belonged to a car club that was JUST like this. Guess what? I didn't have to pay $200 to be a part of it. THAT'S what gets me about what you do.

You want to call yourselves a MC. You want to wear a patch that has been generated and identified by the very organizations you claim you don't want to be a part of (I'm talking about the MC and 1% patches). You claim your organization doesn't like the drama that comes with traditional MCs YET you wear items that will bring the drama to you.

Tell your members who are taking this personally to remember there is a reason why this kind of heat is coming down on their heads. Don't flaunt how "We're not a traditional MC" while then doing things to make yourselves look like a traditional MC liek talking about your "prospecting period being represented by the potential member identifying as a Lone Biker" or wear MC or 1% patches. Don't talk about how this is a place for those that don't want to be contacted and just want to ride alone and then talk about this being a "club". It's your own hypocracy that's causing this backlash.

You want to really be what you claim to be? You want a lone biker? Well here's one for you. I don't need to join anything to be who I am. I don't need a patch on my bike to enjoy the very same philosophy that your "club" claims to follow. I don't need to be part of something to maintain a lifestyle that isn't part of something. I don't need to tell the world I'm a Lone Biker because the blank back of my jacket does that for me. Beautiful thing is, I can hang out with ALL bikers, 1%ers and HOG members, Police Officers and Lawyers, poor kids on their bobbers and rich guys on their custom choppers. I get them all. And I can choose to hang out with them based on who THEY are not because they wear some internet bought patch on their back. Now isn't that what you're philosophy is all about?

Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
sslb Daigojim
Novice
Default Silent Skulls sslb Daigojim

see you on the road

Last edited by sslb Daigojim; 02-03-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: kickin back
Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sslb Daigojim
Most three patch clubs charge from two hundred to five hundred for the prospect to buy a patch.
oh...oh....it's the big one...I'm coming to join you, lizabeth...

And I saw dozens of patches last weekend at the Denver swap meet. Don't recall seeing any of these guys, though.

Last edited by Sharknose; 02-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
sslb Daigojim
Novice

see ya on the road

Last edited by sslb Daigojim; 02-03-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: kickin back
Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
sslb Daigojim
Novice

See ya on the road

Last edited by sslb Daigojim; 02-03-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: kickin back
Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Like I said...'lone biker' does *NOT* mean a club and/or patches, no matter how you spell it, how you say it. One has to be retarded to say 'I'm a lone biker...me and all my bros are lone bikers'. You're doing nothing but scamming idiots for money, plain and simple. Yeah, if those idiots fall for it it's no ones fault but their own, but to come on here and try to tell us *we* don't get it? How ridiculous!

BTW...where did you get all the supposed 'info' about clubs, prospecting for them and the costs and all the other garbage?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
ruf361
Cruiser

let the man play dress up.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?