The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey...
I don't know the OP from adam....
I say give the guy a break, I kinda like parts of what he wrote, It's hard to put to pen to something that cannot be explained....Kinda like the way of the true Cowboy.
The OP never mentioned not taking a bath and he never mentioned Patches....
I have both arms sleeved, but I have no Pierceings....There was a period of time that I lived on my Bike, I sleepd where ever my Bike was that nite, I knew when my Brothers had dinner, Times I would ask them for spare change for gas, they would ask if I have had anything to eat, I would tell them, yesterday I think, I just want gas to ride....
I would drop by a brothers and shower and get my clothes washed...
Dose any of this make me a "Biker", I don't know....I like the term Scooter Tramp.
Anyway....the term "Biker" is a term that has lost it's meaning over time....Or maybe it never had a meaning except in each individuals mind....
Anyway, what the hell....Lightin up a little.
Now I guess it's my turn to be flamed....

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
soulpony
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read through this whole thread, can't ride, winter stuff out there, so sittin at the puter wishing the weather was decent, killing time on the HD fourm. Everyone seems to have a different perception on the term "BIKER". I guess mine is a bit more simplistic 2 wheels + rider + open road + enjoyment = biker. Unless we are on our bikes 24/7 we are all part time bikers.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i tried to read that opening post in its entirety for the fourth time and i just can't do it, it's too ridiculous...

Old 12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were a Hangaround in my Club, i'd yank that tag right off your cut remove all your support wear and have you exit the Clubhouse courtesy of a Prospect.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Anyone who's a member of a 1% MC is a biker. Everyone else is a motorcycle enthusiast.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,042 Likes on 17,930 Posts

Any body for Bill Murray and " Groundhog Day " ?

Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joboo1966
.......................................... Ill never waste my time on this site again. To those of you who are legitimate do yourselves a favor and find someplace better to hang out. Your local biker bar might be a good place to start. My suspicion is most of these ******** wouldnt have the nuts to set foot in one. Rick i was right and you owe me 50 bucks. Im out! **** off!
Ba Bye

Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
Hey...
I don't know the OP from adam....
I say give the guy a break, I kinda like parts of what he wrote, It's hard to put to pen to something that cannot be explained....Kinda like the way of the true Cowboy.
The OP never mentioned not taking a bath and he never mentioned Patches....
I have both arms sleeved, but I have no Pierceings....There was a period of time that I lived on my Bike, I sleepd where ever my Bike was that nite, I knew when my Brothers had dinner, Times I would ask them for spare change for gas, they would ask if I have had anything to eat, I would tell them, yesterday I think, I just want gas to ride....
I would drop by a brothers and shower and get my clothes washed...
Dose any of this make me a "Biker", I don't know....I like the term Scooter Tramp.
Anyway....the term "Biker" is a term that has lost it's meaning over time....Or maybe it never had a meaning except in each individuals mind....
Anyway, what the hell....Lightin up a little.
Now I guess it's my turn to be flamed....
I totally agree with what you said, and agree with a lot of what the OP said however corny some of it sounded. It made much more sense that most of the replies. Everyone has a different definition of biker. Most of the people here are too worried about impressing everyone else than riding their bike. 99% of the riders today seem to be people who love to ride and would love for everyone to think of them as what a biker should be. 1% of the riders couldn't care less what the others think as long as no one takes their bike away. The old 1%ers are now about .01%ers now that everyone has a Harley. I work in a factory with about 50 people. About 50 to 60 ride bikes. On a nice summer day there are a ton of bikes in the lot. When it is cold out mine seems to sit alone. I don't care about how anyone else thinks bikers should be, just don't tell me I'm stupid for riding to work when it is 40 degrees out. Everyone has a different definition of a biker and none are wrong. Unless of course you are criticizing the next guy for not being like you. The replies to this post remind me why I stay out of the general section.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
noridinsavage
Cruiser

Stay around Murphy N.C. You have the CHerahola, Dragons Tail, Foothils Parkway, Devils Triangle, Cherokkee, Maggie Valley and the BRP right around the corner. Plenty of small bike resorts in the area. You wont be disappointed.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:55 PM
noridinsavage
Cruiser

Dam posted in the wrong dam thread. BTW I'm just a guy who rides alot and wrenches my own ride when I need to or want to change ****. It works for me, F the rest!

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?