The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't believe I slogged through all this, but I was like the proverbial moth drawn to the flame. Never ceases to amaze how people find the need to justify their behavior or lifestyle when most people wouldn't give a damn if you dropped dead tomorrow. To the OP, did you really think we haven't heard this drivel in one form or another a thousand times. The fact that you felt compelled to define your perception of a "biker" speaks volumes. Most people here enjoy each others company, can take a good ribbing when deserved (or not), and -NEWSFLASH-Enjoy Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Beyond that who gives a rat's azz?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thealaskan
So lets see, if you dress bad and smell bad, have a bunch of tatoos, ride in the rain when you're in pain and consider other's opinions and beliefs insignificant, you're a real biker.

Got it.
Oh thanks....this version is much shorter. I've got it now too.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:12 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I kinda like how the OP got the dander up on some folks! "Are you talking about me, ...?" It made for some fun reading on this cold-assed winter morning.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Nice read. Only thing is the 'real bikers' I know don't wax nostalgic. They move forward.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today, 01:29 AM
Joboo1966
Hang Around
No cars in Joboo1966's garage, add now

You people read this and didnt get the real message.
Waite.. you mean you rode in here on your Honda Rebel
to spew your blather, and you expected us to be excited
to see you?? Not gonna happen. See ya.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Finally, my quest is over, but I've missed the mark. I can't go back and correct my remissive actions when I wore dockers to work one day. I thought I had it going, convincing one person at a time that I was a real biker. Eating bugs, chugging beer, putting cigarettes out in the palm of my hand. Riding a filthy bike and putting up with the rip in the seat of my jeans not to mention all the snickering behind my back in the grocery stores. The riding in 2 feet of snow to get to work when I could have driven the truck, all gone to waste. Going weeks without a shower and letting my nose hairs grow till they blended in with the stash and covered my upper lip and dragged in my food. It was for naught. Sleeping in the rest stops and on strangers sofas when I could have bought a house with the inheritance my uncle left me. Ahhh, but there was the one time when I just couldn't convince my great aunt that I was a biker. She was a little hard of hearing and kept telling me about her brother who was a biter when he was a child.
I give up. I'm gonna have to be content with being a poser and wait till the snow melts.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Like everything else there was some shades of truth to what the op was writing.Sounds like he was hitting the sauce and feeling a little sentimental.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:36 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice sig pic Snarly.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
dex82
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrick
Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...Its gonna be a long winter...
right on brother. personally, i'm not big on the labelling thing.........i ride what i want when i want and respect everbody else's right to do the same. not really intersted in how someone else rides and not really interested in how people think i ride. if the original poster's so hung up on this, maybe he can dress up all badass and hang around the local biker hangout and look intimidating or something, i dunno. maybe kick over a few hondas

Old 12-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Nice sig pic Snarly.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?