The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Slow Road
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a harley

Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

You want a seriously good laugh on this subject ? Go to Youtube and search * The different types of Bikers * Can't post a link as the vid's a bit long and our ever watchful hall monitor would delete or bury it but it's worth a few minutes for the giggles and the honesty in what that character has to say about the different types bikers.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:50 AM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
We bought a new '06 Ultra in June of '06. We now have 80,000 on the Utltra.
In January of '06, we bought an '04 Impala. We've put on about 31,000.

And this is in Minnesota.
I trailered my bike to Daytona. From New York

Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Roorat60
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by psyco1
Bikers are the guys the FBI is after.
Owners are all about a brand or type of riding.
Riders don't give a **** about that other crap and just like to ride.

My only question is, "why is it assumed that Harley owners/riders are all male?"

Just for the record, women own and ride, too and are not just passengers! We also don't have nuts, but we can and do go to biker bars.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:01 PM
ARBY
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is a biker?

Years ago I foolishly made an attempt to lay down the perfect definition in my thesis titled, "The effect of the American Biker on Contemporary Society" but very early on I realized that I would have far less trouble with my second choice, "The Role of Holistic Healing in the field of Veterinary Medicine" so I went that way.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

Originally Posted by ARBY
What is a biker?

Years ago I foolishly made an attempt to lay down the perfect definition in my thesis titled, "The effect of the American Biker on Contemporary Society" but very early on I realized that I would have far less trouble with my second choice, "The Role of Holistic Healing in the field of Veterinary Medicine" so I went that way.
Well according to most in here a set of keys and some squeaky new leather automatically bestows the title upon said person.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 PM
geezerglide007
Advanced

we are a family of Motorcyclists! We own and ride mini-bikes, Whizzers, scooters, Antiques, dirt bikes, standard Japanese motorcycles, Sportbikes, and a bunch of Harleys.
And we all smile, no matter which one we're on!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Jack Sullivan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts

I love to ride and do whenever possible. I'm a rider. Bikers are born not made. You know a biker when you meet one. You also know when you meet someone that thinks they're a biker.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:37 PM
WADELL
Cruiser
Wink

I just ride my bike. I guess that makes me both.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:48 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Road
I own a harley
So do a bunch of other people I know. When you put it like that it sounds like you have a garage queen which would means you're not a rider or a biker.
Is that what you are trying to say?

When you ask yourself the question are you a rider or a biker you have to first consider whether or not you work on your bike or somebody else does, how much Harley-Davidson apparel you wear, how often you ride, when temperatures you will/can ride in, when you put your bike away because of the colder weather, and how many miles you put on your bike each year.

There's nothing wrong with just being a rider, and you don't have to start brawls in a bar and have tattoos to be a biker.

I am a biker. I fix, maintain, and rebuilt my bike- just like my cars. I have no tattoos, collect H-D t-shirts when riding to new places, own 2 H-D jackets of different weights (because I liked the jackets and was cold not the brand), and own a pair of H-D gloves because they were on sale and are comfortable, and that is it for Harley apparel. I have 4 helmets and only 1 is a H-D, and that's because AI got it from a friend too cheap to pass up. I ride from 35 degrees to however hot it gets, and ride as often as possible. I don't get in fights in bars or anywhere else, but if you see me on my Fat Boy and stike-up a conversation about anything related to Harley's you'll be saying to yourself, "this guy isn't a rider, he's a biker."

Does me being a biker make me cooler than you? Yes. JK. No, it's just that we have different relationships, different levels of interests, and I am more dedicated to Harley-Davidsons than someone who is a rider.

Nothing wrong with being a rider, but if you have a garage queen you need to sell it because you're not fooling anyone other than yourself.

Last edited by user 46092; 04-20-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?