The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
No. It may be normal to you per your academy misinformation but in the world of clubs no one need wear anything to prove they are not something. Its weird and very odd like the Lone Wolf No Club patch set to declare what you are not... to ... well Im not sure who you're trying to convince. Not sure why you think someone might mistake you for a 1%er. Odd, weird, bizarre, sad, maybe even a bit narcissitic.
Isn't the whole Lone Wolf No Club thing just a Cry for help?.......Sad really....look at me I haven't any friends...

Old 01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
You mean like a 1% diamond or something of that nature?
Dude, the man said to prove you are NOT....try some reading and comprehension.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Dude, the man said to prove you are NOT.....

Exactly. Think it over.....

Old 01-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

I don't know about all that. It's my vest so I put the patches I like on it. I'm not that worried about what anyone thinks. The AMA is a good organization and I put their patch on my vest. You read a lot more into it than is really there, but since you know me so well I guess your psychoanalysis of my patch choices and motivation holds a lot of weight. In your world perhaps...

P.S.- I'm not nor have I ever been in law enforcement.
Dont care "if" you or anyone else wears it. Just strange that you wear it so people dont think you are 1%er. That's what's sad.

Stick to your new reason/definition and wear it because you like the organization. Dont say its to let others know your not a 1%er.

You work for department of corrections? Detention Supervision Transportation Incarceration

Old 01-04-2015, 06:13 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Exactly. Think it over.....
Holy crap, dude, does he need to type slower? He said you do not need to wear something to prove you are NOT something, capiche? Sorry, obviously you don't.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Dude, the man said to prove you are NOT....try some reading and comprehension.
Academy training in 3 - 2 - 1

Old 01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Dont care "if" you or anyone else wears it. Just strange that you wear it so people dont think you are 1%er. That's what's sad.

Stick to your new reason/definition and wear it because you like the organization. Dont say its to let others know your not a 1%er.

You work for department of corrections? Detention Supervision Transportation Incarceration

I have a lot of patches on my vest that have meaning for me. Some are various projects that I worked on, some are funny or familiar sayings and some are from HOG. I have some pins on it too. And I'm hoping to get one from the Iron Butt Association in the near future.

That is not the primary reason for the AMA one, but affiliation with AMA is by definition non-affliation with 1% M/C culture. I don't want to argue semantics with you on this so Ill let that go now. Believe what you wish.

No, I don't work in the department of corrections.

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 01-04-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:31 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Academy training in 3 - 2 - 1
And all these years you doubted Pavlov!

Edit: Also, I believe our man is a merchant marine.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

I have a lot of patches on my vest that have meaning for me. Some are various projects that I worked on, some are funny or familiar sayings and some are from HOG. I have some pins on it too. And I'm hoping to get one from the Iron Butt Association in the near future.

That is not the primary reason for the AMA one, but affiliation with AMA is by definition non-affliation with 1% M/C culture. I don't want to argue semantics with you on this so I let that go now. Believe what you wish.

No, I don't work in the department of corrections.
Simply odd anyone thinks an AMA is needed to prove you are not 1%. Sad. You're either poorly self educated re clubs or your LE buddies have grossly mislead you on club terms/practices. There are thousands of clubs wearing AMA patches and yet attend and support 1%er events benefits functions. Nothing about AMA disassociates one from 1%er culture. Your training was subpar at best.
Wear it proudly in support of the AMA not for any other reason.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Simply odd anyone thinks an AMA is needed to prove you are not 1%. Sad. You're either poorly self educated re clubs or your LE buddies have grossly mislead you on club terms/practices. There are thousands of clubs wearing AMA patches and yet attend and support 1%er events benefits functions. Nothing about AMA disassociates one from 1%er culture. Your training was subpar at best.
Wear it proudly in support of the AMA not for any other reason.

Ok, boss.... I have some opinions on the psychology of a man wearing a 1% diamond patch that I'd like to run by you, perhaps another day?

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?