The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:31 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by HAOLE
...as for the other.... most MCs hang out at the Stealership, with recruitment gift baskets...
Damn, right under my nose the whole time, what was I thinking?

Old 12-29-2014, 01:08 PM

wow, you two guys are funny, arguing about MC's and Outlaws and being neither. Each type recruites by what is usualy their lifestyle and not by the type of bike they ride.My club is sober, which is why i am in and was socalled recruited. But we don't go around the every NA or AA meeting asking people to join. people usually ask us what we're about and it goes from there. I'm pretty sure if you live a certain way then that is what you gravitate towards.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:10 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
wow, you two guys are funny, arguing about MC's and Outlaws and being neither...
What argument about MC's? The debate was about Law Enforcement.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:19 PM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, you two guys are funny, arguing about MC's and Outlaws and being neither. Each type recruites by what is usualy their lifestyle and not by the type of bike they ride.My club is sober, which is why i am in and was socalled recruited. But we don't go around the every NA or AA meeting asking people to join. people usually ask us what we're about and it goes from there. I'm pretty sure if you live a certain way then that is what you gravitate towards.
So AVMC isn't an MC? I think I know a few people that would tae offense to that.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:19 PM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

I think ya might have missed the tongue-in-cheek humor intended at the recruitment response (identifiied by the LOL)

LOL

Haole

Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,386 Likes on 6,594 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Appreciate the Merry Christmas, wish the same for you but you forgot to include the Magician's Union. Since I have become involved in this thread I may as well tell ya what I think, for what it's worth. I am like 99.9% of the public, only thing I know about MC's is what I see, read or hear. Frankly, most of what I see is here in these forums and for the life of me I cannot figure out how buying/riding a Harley Davidson suddenly makes one a magnet for recruitment to a MC, and in particular 1% clubs.

Again, my opinion only, but 99% of those who post here about suddenly being recruited, asked to hang around, etc. would **** down their leg if it really happened. Having said that....there is an Outlaws MC clubhouse here in OKC so I am going to presume they have members here.In all my years of ridin' I have yet to see them at that clubhouse, in public, et c. but on these forums these poindexters who wanna be a bad *** run into outlaw club every time they ride. I'm feelin' a little slighted, ya know?
Don't feel slighted Mick...

99% of the Harley riders don't venture into the same clubs and bars Outlaw Clubs frequent. Not without the proverbial "pissing down the leg" as you so eloquently put it....

$hit, 1%ers gotta eat too. They've been known to enjoy the occasional chicken and waffles, hamburgers, steak, etc....

Old 12-29-2014, 03:40 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
...$hit, 1%ers gotta eat too. They've been known to enjoy the occasional chicken and waffles, hamburgers, steak, etc....
Is that tv show Mythbusters aware of this, LoneBone? Next you're gonna tell me they're Dads, husbands and tax payers.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts
Cool

That brings up a good question that might lead to a new thread. So what do you do if you walk into a bar full of patch holders? Would it be offensive to just turn around an leave. Do you have to buy them all a beer? Whats the proper protical? Serious question....

Old 12-29-2014, 03:52 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
That brings up a good question... Whats the proper protical? Serious question....
Interesting

Last edited by OKMICK; 12-29-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:55 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
My guess is what difference would it make? Leave 'em alone like you would anyone else. The problem, in my opinion, is all these morons who think they 'brothers' with anybody else that rides a bike and decide they belong right in the middle of the party. I ain't brothers with every dude I see driving a Ford F series pickup.
I know some questions are stupid but I had to ask.

Last edited by soft 02; 12-29-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?