The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:22 PM
LosMalos_Gunner
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biker, I live the life.....

Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just in. Stanford researchers have after an extensive study discovered that statistically older people have less time left to live.

Therefore I am going to cram even more stupid stuff in daily to make up. Forget the insurance company I am going to make them pay for all that previously wasted premium I never used!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:08 PM
predatornut
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts

Father
Husband
Friend

The only labels that matter in my life.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:25 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

they didn't waste the premiums grumps, I believe they used every cent.(to line their pockets)

Old 10-07-2014, 04:19 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
Hey Brother, it was great talking to you there. That was a good time. Nice that we had the whole hotel. That Raider is gorgeous. Saw another one in that color recently, but not as nice as your's. I used to be called sprout, but now freak show. Did the other guy buy your other bike? That was nice of you to let him ride it down.
Nice seeing you in Ocean City Brother. Yeah I love the raider SCL. I traded the Warrior and bought a Victory Cross Country. Needed a touring bike for the crazy long rides I do for the club. Was gonna get a new Street Glide but they wanted $20k plus my Warrior. After some haggling I got the new Victory for $10k plus the Warrior. Way too much of a difference on the SG. Anyway just breaking it in now. You planning on doing Myrtle Beach end of November? I'll probably be there but taking the car. Too risky on doing that ride from Connecticut that late in November. I hit that ice storm in March coming back from the Williamsburg national. Don't want to do that again.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Mattdedasc
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a comment, but it has happened to get the odd luck from a patch guy for wearing a metal shirt which may resemble MC colors. But it only takes a glance to clear it up, it says "Exodus" and not MC whatever. Never had any trouble (but also never ever ask for it). Live and let live.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:51 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Buddy of mine got kicked out, the patch was easy, the tattoo will be a little tougher.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:11 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

To the original question;
Yes, but first, this is the best response in this entire thread.

Originally Posted by shiftace
I've seen it happen before. It's dramatic and traumatic to the person(s) involved but it's never been any of my business. You have to remember 1% clubs are 100% commited to protecting their interests. And a lot of times their interests may seem trivial to outsiders but again, it's none of outsiders business. I fully believe though that if you are in this motorcycle world, and spend time going places and doing things around other riders, it behooves you to learn at least the basics of protocol in your area. If you live in one clubs territory, understand that they're gonna look twice at a rider that's maybe wearing another clubs colors. Even if it's no way related, it's their nature to be on the lookout and it could get you in a situation. Most times not a bad situation, especially if you're cool and understanding of the deal. Take the info they give you and make a note. They know every person isn't a rival member or supporter so most times it doesn't escalate. Now go wearing support gear and you're in another group of circumstances and frankly you better be able to hold your mud if confronted. Otherwise don't bother owning support gear in the first place. You're a supporter or you aren't... No 1/2 way about stuff like that.

We've a local club. In the late 70's-early 80's this was a very serious group of guy's, well connected and smart. The club Pres was The Man.
For some reason he liked me and I was what's called a hang around now-a-days.
Long story short, one of the members had fallen into disfavor, later that evening during "conversation" I saw the Pres suddenly and summarily remove the mans cut. It landed in the center of a large bon fire.
I'll just say that shortly after that and during the following actions I was invited to leave the place by a few other members and I took that advice kindly.
The man moved out of state, and if John was around you didn't talk about it!
Today many of those guy's are either Old and Retired or Dead. Club is still around but smaller and kind of low profile.
(there are currently 42 brass plaques at a local Pub, 16 where club members)(we've gotten old)

If your in an area that has a club, know that your place is to respect that and you'll be left completely alone. Most are great guy's an fun to party with. But if you get stupid with banners, patches and rockers,, expect to get more than a second glance.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:45 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by a10182
ya I saw it in a sons of anarchy episode, looks real bad
Yup!!! me to!!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:39 AM
TheSmokeyJoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just wondering if the swimmer wearing the Texas-not-a-rocker was wearing a Speed-o when he walked into the bar...

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?