The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Fat Mexican pretty much owns Texas. They have a support club in the area that shall remain nameless. They are about it for 1%ers down here, not sure about Houston. We have all the other clubs that everyone else has as well. Baca, Blue Knights, Los Carnales and La Familia, CMA, Iron Pigs, the HOG ***s and a few others.

Last edited by CountryPunk; 09-20-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Incorrect information. Apologies to 3CS.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't "paid my dues" by reading EVERY thread to this date, but here goes:

"Respect is a word that is honored and revered in that community."

"Respect", my Friend, is a word that is Honored and Revered in EVERY "Community"

THAT having been said:

I've run across the Outlaws, not a problem. I was in College, not a "bikie" encounter. They were "just folks", I was "just folks"

(edit... I'm talking 1970, here! Thought that might be instructive!)

In Philadelphia, our ship was undergoing "Deguassing" (that's "Cleaning" a ship (or, one could imagine, anything else) in and of a magnetic field... in the 18th century (my re-enactment period) it would equate to drawing a ship into a fresh water environment, keeling the ship over, and scraping the bottom)... but I digress! Anyhow, as an "Ops" guy, I had plenty of time to put on my cycling tights and jersey and pedal (I was a competitive cyclist) around Philadelphia. Trying to find the Art Museum and the Skukyll (sp?) I got lost on a one-way street in the Ghetto. As I came to a stoplight, a group of motorcyclists rumbled out of a bar on the corner... Had paintings of Angela Davis, H. Rap Brown, etc. and Black Power slogans all over the outside. The bikers, of course, were black and (though I really wasn't aware of those things, and didn't (still don't) care) they "appeared" to be members of an "MC". Well, we're all four sitting there at the red light and I figured I'd break the silence. I raised my hand and said "Hey! How's it Goin'"

One guy looked at the other two, they ALL looked at me (and my shaved legs and weird outfit), they looked at my bike (a Savauge LeJeune Team Pro kermesse bike) and then at each other again... They looked back at me... One gives me a "Thumbs Up" and another says: "Doin' Fine!" We all smiled...! Light turned green and we all went off the line on our personal pursuits! I found the Art Museum and a had wonderful ride along the river.

The "transaction" that took place was one between "Neighbors". We were all on two wheels. Each of us was able to ascertain and appreciate the engineering, geometry, and application of power, of the other's "Ride". We all were exercising the maturity to realize the EACH of us, was applying the SAME principles (though using different power sources) to realize the same emotional outcome. It was GOOD!!! I wish I could somehow find those three guys now... I hope their each doing well in life!

THAT, to ME... is what life is about!

Sorry... I ramble...

Jim aka kiltiemon

Last edited by kiltiemon; 09-18-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
trippy57
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SavannahBob
The only colors I've seen in the Savannah area are Wingmen, and I had never heard of them till I moved here.
We've gotta Wingman MC chapter here also. Also have the Veterans MC, the Galloping Goose, and a Goose support club that I can't remember the name of......they moved their club house about 30 miles away, so we don't see them much anymore.....

Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Whackone
Devil Dolls are a 1% female club, as far as I can tell
Yeah I actually came across their website today, pretty cool!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:20 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kiltiemon
I haven't "paid my dues" by reading EVERY thread to this date, but here goes:

"Respect is a word that is honored and revered in that community."

"Respect", my Friend, is a word that is Honored and Revered in EVERY "Community"

THAT having been said:

I've run across the Outlaws, not a problem. I was in College, not a "bikie" encounter. They were "just folks", I was "just folks"

(edit... I'm talking 1970, here! Thought that might be instructive!)

In Philadelphia, our ship was undergoing "Deguassing" (that's "Cleaning" a ship (or, one could imagine, anything else) in and of a magnetic field... in the 18th century (my re-enactment period) it would equate to drawing a ship into a fresh water environment, keeling the ship over, and scraping the bottom)... but I digress! Anyhow, as an "Ops" guy, I had plenty of time to put on my cycling tights and jersey and pedal (I was a competitive cyclist) around Philadelphia. Trying to find the Art Museum and the Skukyll (sp?) I got lost on a one-way street in the Ghetto. As I came to a stoplight, a group of motorcyclists rumbled out of a bar on the corner... Had paintings of Angela Davis, H. Rap Brown, etc. and Black Power slogans all over the outside. The bikers, of course, were black and (though I really wasn't aware of those things, and didn't (still don't) care) they "appeared" to be members of an "MC". Well, we're all four sitting there at the red light and I figured I'd break the silence. I raised my hand and said "Hey! How's it Goin'"

One guy looked at the other two, they ALL looked at me (and my shaved legs and weird outfit), they looked at my bike (a Savauge LeJeune Team Pro kermesse bike) and then at each other again... They looked back at me... One gives me a "Thumbs Up" and another says: "Doin' Fine!" We all smiled...! Light turned green and we all went off the line on our personal pursuits! I found the Art Museum and a had wonderful ride along the river.

The "transaction" that took place was one between "Neighbors". We were all on two wheels. Each of us was able to ascertain and appreciate the engineering, geometry, and application of power, of the other's "Ride". We all were exercising the maturity to realize the EACH of us, was applying the SAME principles (though using different power sources) to realize the same emotional outcome. It was GOOD!!! I wish I could somehow find those three guys now... I hope their each doing well in life!

THAT, to ME... is what life is about!

Sorry... I ramble...

Jim aka kiltiemon
Very well said!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 AM
myglide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bandidos, Sundowners, Vagos, Barons, Reapers, UMF, Brother Speed, Vietnam Vets, Marines MC, Silent Sinners, Mongols, Sober Riders a few others.

Last edited by myglide; 03-23-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 AM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser

From NY and lots of real 1%'ers here but also plenty of poser wannabees that slap on a MC patch and some colors. The real clubs have done lots of cleaning up(removing colors) from the 4 guy clubs that show up to rides on weekends thinking they are the Sons of Anarchy. Enough clubs and groups in the area that aren't wearing 3 patches to join.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

In and around Cumberland County (Fayetteville), NC; HA's, Veterans MC, Wingman MC, Southern Riders MC, Infidels MC, Nam Knights MC, and one more whose name slips my mind.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw some RUBS at Starbucks, does that count?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,512 Likes on 8,456 Posts

We have a Sams Club here!!

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?