The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:38 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
no such thing as a motorcycle GANG.

Motorcycle clubs abound in the US and unless you are the sort of dumbass that pokes short sticks at bears, you have nothing to worry about.
Pretty much this.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
...except for the spelling.

There is no reason for MC Gs to give you a hard time, even if you were to encounter any. Tell your friend to stop watching "Wild Hogs"!
Fixed, And forgot about the "Wild Hogs"

Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

What exactly is there to worry about? I think your buddy watches to much TV! What you should be worried about is the average teenager texting on there cell phone while driving and a million other things! Not the MC's..

Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Fairshake
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll agree with the posting that states; Your Friend is an Idiot!! I have ridden and been around club members for a lot of my 67 years and if respect is given, you'll not have any problems. If you are that new to where you have to ask this question, then allow me to say this. If a club passes you, DON'T FOLLOW THE PAC AT THE REAR, this will cause you a problem fast. If you find yourself in the same bar or restaurant, give them the same space that you desire and don't bother them. Have Fun and remember that they are not a motorcycle gang but a club. I've had the cops called on me and a few friends while riding and the police were told that the Hell's Angels were in town. All because we are riding Harleys in a group. I've had many a laugh while riding and see some one lock the car doors while going 70 mph on the Interstate. I'm going to jump off my bike and assault and rob them at 70mph!! Ha!! Ha!! My point is that all riders are looked at in a bad way, sooner or later, even though they are good people.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:54 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I co exist with the local Grim Reapers. Never bother me and I've had a few good conversations with them while filling up with gas together. Nice guys. Don't drive by them and throw a coke bottle at them and you should have no problems.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Speedy
A buddy of mine is cautioning me re m/c gangs as I tour the coast from San Diego to Banff and back down thru the mountain states. Is it really something I should worry about . . . or plan for?
I'd worry if I was you. One time I went through a town and saw about 6-8 Senior citizens riding mopeds down the street. I made a quick turn into McDonalds and waited until they passed.

Nothing against your buddy but since when did he become an authority on what a person might run into on a cross country ride? Maybe he watches way too much tv. I've spent a lot of time ridding through mountain states and I am more worried about the idiots texting or talking on their cell phones while driving their cars than I am about anything else.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Sportyrat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as said, people texting while driving, people not paying attention, moronic drivers, acts of higher beings; watch for those, most MC's aren't gonna bother you, unless you provoke them.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Bocefus
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you see an mc called the "humpin people" just keep on going. I know nothing about them except their name,but it scares me since I've only seen male members.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:31 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

this thread is proof that riding a harley has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaay too mainstream. too bad

Old 07-22-2014, 10:49 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
this thread is proof that riding a harley has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaay too mainstream. too bad
o_O ?!?

Riding a Harley has always been mainstream. Who do you think the other 99% are?

Being cautious on the road is a good idea, but you are more likely to be involved in an interesting conversation than a confrontation with a 1% club member; unless you are uptight and treat people based on stupid stereotypes.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?