The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple things I cant believe...

1. I spent over an hour reading this thread (time I'll never get back)
2. no mention of the Sin Mob or Laughing devils ??? really
3. wild hogs are not a real biker gang

seriously though the "Power Club" where I reside is no joke, members that i know are ok guys but overall they are defiantly outlaws

Old 07-08-2014, 02:46 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Ya, some have, some haven't, hard to tell on the internet.

Not so sure "most" of us are playing at anything, just a few vocal wanna be's.
I'd think most of us just wanna ride and have fun.

imho

al
Well said.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:36 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Ya, some have, some haven't, hard to tell on the internet.

Not so sure "most" of us are playing at anything, just a few vocal wanna be's.
I'd think most of us just wanna ride and have fun.

imho

al
I disagree. Most people that "just want to ride and have fun" are actually doing it instead of dressing up and riding to the local bike hang out.
"Most" late model baggers I see have very little miles on them, 2in chicken strips, but the owners sure do look like hard-core bikers ...
I can guarantee you that most of them will look down and walk away every time they see a patch.
Do you think that **** twincooled would say something to TB's face? I doubt it... and if she did, her old man should get better control of her yepper before they both get into uncomfortable situation.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,038 Posts

[QUOTE=Juggerpops;12961816] ...

3. wild hogs are not a real biker gang

Maybe not but at least William actually rides. Ran into him a couple of weeks ago in Southern Utah.
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6080...8&pid=15.1&P=0

Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope.

I'm too busy riding to see it happen. The only time I stop is to get gas, take a leak, or when I'm at my destination.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:41 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I disagree. Most people that "just want to ride and have fun" are actually doing it instead of dressing up and riding to the local bike hang out.
"Most" late model baggers I see have very little miles on them, 2in chicken strips, but the owners sure do look like hard-core bikers ...
I can guarantee you that most of them will look down and walk away every time they see a patch.
Do you think that **** twincooled would say something to TB's face? I doubt it... and if she did, her old man should get better control of her yepper before they both get into uncomfortable situation.
I suppose I should amend my statement to," Most people I know".

I don't hang out at the local hang out, nor do I go to the local hog gathering, the people I ride with do have the attitude of ride and have fun, fwiw I do see more people that have that attitude, but the wanna be's just stick out more, least in my world.

Would she say that in his face, probably not, but there's a lot said on this forum that wouldn't be said either.

Also face to face, it usually don't take long to short out the real deal from the wanna be's, can't do that here.

Al

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I always get amused by all the hero worshipping of patch members I read here on this forum by some of it's members. They're just dudes. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

I suppose I should amend my statement to," Most people I know".

I don't hang out at the local hang out, nor do I go to the local hog gathering, the people I ride with do have the attitude of ride and have fun, fwiw I do see more people that have that attitude, but the wanna be's just stick out more, least in my world.

Would she say that in his face, probably not, but there's a lot said on this forum that wouldn't be said either.

Also face to face, it usually don't take long to short out the real deal from the wanna be's, can't do that here.

Al
With most people your right but I have no issues being as if not more blunt about things face to face than I am in here, leaves no room for misunderstandings, got priors and yes the habit has caused some grief before. Other thing your right about it takes about 10 seconds to sort out who's who out in the real world.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by baka1969
I always get amused by all the hero worshipping of patch members I read here on this forum by some of it's members. They're just dudes. Nothing more. Nothing less.
i've seen you make that dumb statement many times over the years.
what makes you think that any of us are worshiping a "patch"?
some of us know what it takes to earn one and we recognise that some "dudes" deserve more respect than others.

... just like you earned more respect for your service than some other "dude" who spent his college years protesting "dudes" like you

not all dudes are equal

Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191

... just like you earned more respect for your service than some other "dude" who spent his college years protesting "dudes" like you

not all dudes are equal
I'm confident that The Dude would agree with you.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?