The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Haxxor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Mountain Cruiser, I'll bite...since you keep bringing up the the legal use of justifiable deadly force etc, etc, I have a question for you. What about the culpable act of exiting the safe confines of the local establishment, for the purpose of participating in a potentially violent or other non-peaceful activity, while knowingly being armed with a deadly weapon? Are you suggesting its ok to raise hell, start fights, and then when you lose the fight to shoot the other combatants?

The castle doctrine allows an armed individual to legally defend him/herself while in a vehicle, or personal dwelling, using force including and up to deadly force, but I am not aware of a law that allows an individual to knowingly, willingly (voluntarily) involve themselves in a dangerous (criminal??) situation, and then use deadly force, when as a result of his/her own personal illegal actions, he/she feels as though the danger has become life threatening.

Unless we're talking about George Zimmerman, but he's not involved in this, or Florida...ummm

In any case, I find it hard to believe that any court is going to believe that "taking it outside" with potentially dangerous and angry people is a good idea. Nor are they likely to believe that going outside, knowing you are (1)likely to get in a physical confrontation and (2) armed with a deadly weapon, are decisions a law abiding citizen would make. BUT...this was in Florida! ARGH!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:11 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,386 Likes on 6,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl

I think they IO is in for a rude awakening killing a 1%er, they have sealed their fate and if I could give anyone of them a lick of advice it would be to drop their cut and run. This isn't a game, your little road name and badge isn't going to help you out of this mess.
That's the problem right there. IO is a club that proudly boasts of having ATF Agents in their club. That would be the last ****ing thing i would brag about. Gonna shut up and just not go there.

They don't fear repercussions because they can pull a gun and use deadly force, and it's all legal.

They've gotten someones attention now, and I don't believe they quite understand how far it can go. Cops may stay in the club, because after all, they have a badge and gun. Rest of the clowns?? I predict some Harleys may flood ebay soon.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
oh, that not so vagely sounds like a threat to ALL M/C patch holders; to whit: don't get physical with the io, BECAUSE THEY WILL SHOOT YOU.

I get it, io acts like *** hats and gets into a scuffle with M/C, instead of fighting like men, chicken **** io members will pull guns. yeah, that sounds so cool.

go ahead, you guys escalate.....just realize what you are doing....bold brash crap like that will eventually get people put in bags....stupid...

Follow the law of the land and it is likely that you won't have any problem.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:12 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
As a law abiding citizen of these United States I feel obligated to conform to the law of the land. I do not feel obligated to conform to outlaw law. If you feel you need to harm me for that, then so be it. I reserve the right to defend myself, my property and my family.
I, by and large, am a law abiding citizen, also. So what? So are the vast majority of all club members. But, you wouldn't know that, as you obviously have never spent any time with members of outlaw clubs.

If you want to dress up in your IO outfit, by all means go for it. Then go by yourself to a local club bar and see how that works out for you. Let me know in advance, so maybe I can come watch.

Social rules and norms. They exist throughout our society. Take a Sociology class and learn something.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by Haxxor
Ok, Mountain Cruiser, I'll bite...since you keep bringing up the the legal use of justifiable deadly force etc, etc, I have a question for you. What about the culpable act of exiting the safe confines of the local establishment, for the purpose of participating in a potentially violent or other non-peaceful activity, while knowingly being armed with a deadly weapon? Are you suggesting its ok to raise hell, start fights, and then when you lose the fight to shoot the other combatants?

The castle doctrine allows an armed individual to legally defend him/herself while in a vehicle, or personal dwelling, using force including and up to deadly force, but I am not aware of a law that allows an individual to knowingly, willingly (voluntarily) involve themselves in a dangerous (criminal??) situation, and then use deadly force, when as a result of his/her own personal illegal actions, he/she feels as though the danger has become life threatening.

Unless we're talking about George Zimmerman, but he's not involved in this, or Florida...ummm

In any case, I find it hard to believe that any court is going to believe that "taking it outside" with potentially dangerous and angry people is a good idea. Nor are they likely to believe that going outside, knowing you are (1)likely to get in a physical confrontation and (2) armed with a deadly weapon, are decisions a law abiding citizen would make. BUT...this was in Florida! ARGH!

You make some valid speculative points that should be resolved through the justice system.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Follow the law of the land and it is likely that you won't have any problem.
ah, even more bullshit: just do as we say and no one gets hurt. io = **** m/c? this just keeps getting better. io is NOT the arbitor of who obeys the law or not....

Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by scoteh
I, by and large, am a law abiding citizen, also. So what? So are the vast majority of all club members. But, you wouldn't know that, as you obviously have never spent any time with members of outlaw clubs.

If you want to dress up in your IO outfit, by all means go for it. Then go by yourself to a local club bar and see how that works out for you. Let me know in advance, so maybe I can come watch.

Social rules and norms. They exist throughout our society. Take a Sociology class and learn something.
I don't acknowledge your rules and norms as being valid. I have the right to wear what I want within the law of the United States of America. Your problem with that is yours alone.

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 07-02-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

ah, even more bullshit: just do as we say and no one gets hurt. io = **** m/c? this just keeps getting better. io is NOT the arbitor of who obeys the law or not....
Don't assault people and you won't have to worry about getting shot for it.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:24 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Don't assault people and you won't have to worry about getting shot for it.

you are a legend in your own mind......

Old 07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

you are a legend in your own mind......
I'm starting to believe that you are batshit f'n crazy.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?