The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Since when do "law abiding citizens" gun down unarmed men in cold blood?
I don't know the details of that incident, but I'm confident that will come out in our justice system. It is evident that an assault was in progress when the shooting occurred. Whether the shooting was justified remains to be seen, through our justice system.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by jakenok
the io shooter didn't seem to care about that "law abiding" blurb..... I wonder how long before the ATF puts him in witness protection after the grand jury no true bills him?

You do have the right to use deadly force to defend yourself in violent assaults. I will leave it to the justice system to decide if it was warranted in this case.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

According to over 50 witness statements, the IO guy got his nose broke and pulled out a gun and shot the guy 4 times in the head.
According to the bartender, the IO was asking when the BP were suppose to show up to the bar... does something sound fishy here?

One thing I know for sure; you don't bring a knife to a gun fight and surely don't bring a gun to a fist fight.
It's ok to take an *** whipping... your pride may be hurt but bruises heal and so do cuts and scraps... on the other hand bullets to the head do not

Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
I don't know the details of that incident, but I'm confident that will come out in our justice system. It is evident that an assault was in progress when the shooting occurred. Whether the shooting was justified remains to be seen, through our justice system.
You must be smarter than that....?

How is it justified to kill someone that broke your nose? In the eyes of the law it is not unless the guy continued to pummel you to the point you thought your life was in danger... None of this was the case.

I guess I will take your approach with the "wait and see" but I would bet paychecks nothing will become of this, at least with the courts

Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,369 Likes on 971 Posts

You do have the right to use deadly force to defend yourself in violent assaults. .
True I agree with that..BUT Why is taking so long for them to bring up or not bring up charges? If this was reversed and the Black Piston shot the IO prospect...you better believe he would have been charged with a crime within 24 hours. They also would have released his name right away as a person of interest in the shooting...it looks like the shooter is either a former of off duty Jacksonville cop from what I have been reading. This is just another reason. Cops are not a lot of peoples favorite people

Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

According to over 50 witness statements, the IO guy got his nose broke and pulled out a gun and shot the guy 4 times in the head.
According to the bartender, the IO was asking when the BP were suppose to show up to the bar... does something sound fishy here?

One thing I know for sure; you don't bring a knife to a gun fight and surely don't bring a gun to a fist fight.
It's ok to take an *** whipping... your pride may be hurt but bruises heal and so do cuts and scraps... on the other hand bullets to the head do not

If true the the facts will come out in the justice proceedings. Do you have a source for those claims. I hope it is not the ageing rebel website.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clubs come and go especially the fake disrespectful ones. One day people will sit around and laugh about the pig club that tried to start a club war.

The biggest joke about iron order is that the people that started the "club" don't care about their members. They are bait and that is all. The joke is on the members that believe in what they are fed.

I hope this blows over without anything really coming of it but an arrest of a murdering ex police officer. But hurt feeling and pride are a dangerous thing sometimes. That's what started this and will probably be what ends it.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

You must be smarter than that....?

How is it justified to kill someone that broke your nose? In the eyes of the law it is not unless the guy continued to pummel you to the point you thought your life was in danger... None of this was the case.

I guess I will take your approach with the "wait and see" but I would bet paychecks nothing will become of this, at least with the courts
You may want to review the legal definition of when the use of deadly force is authorized. I think all M/C members should thoroughly understand the circumstances when deadly force is authorized in self defense.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:52 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

You may want to review the legal definition of when the use of deadly force is authorized. I think all M/C members should thoroughly understand the circumstances when deadly force is authorized in self defense.

oh, that not so vagely sounds like a threat to ALL M/C patch holders; to whit: don't get physical with the io, BECAUSE THEY WILL SHOOT YOU.

I get it, io acts like *** hats and gets into a scuffle with M/C, instead of fighting like men, chicken **** io members will pull guns. yeah, that sounds so cool.

go ahead, you guys escalate.....just realize what you are doing....bold brash crap like that will eventually get people put in bags....stupid...

Old 07-02-2014, 02:55 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

oh, and I think the precedent has been set that if, a club member sees an io member acting in aggressive fashion, then the M/C member has reason to fear for his life.....oops.....stuff goes both ways, wanna be gangster

Last edited by jakenok; 07-02-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?