The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

Wait a second.

A handful of outlaw M/C's claim they are the "dominant" club in their respective areas and all other clubs seeking to wear a three piece patch must get approval from them or else. Of course it is evident that they can not enforce this as Iron Order comes along and says, "we don't need permission from anyone to do anything" and proceed to establish chapters all across the United States and internationally. It seems that one side of this story is doing exactly what they said they are going to do and the other one is talking **** that they can not back up.

So tell me, who are the wannabes???

Old 06-30-2014, 11:52 PM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
actually, what is funny is what will happen to all the wanna be's now that they have crossed over the line.....

I suspect that since you are all pretty much targets now, there will be mass migration from your pseudo club....

tv couldn't make **** up this good.... tough luck tough guy
Be a lot of low mileage bikes on the open market soon.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

MYCRISIS nice way to sum it all up, these guys are conflicted for sure.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:54 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SYLM
Be a lot of low mileage bikes on the open market soon.

yeah, maybe a couple with bullet holes, but at the right price, that's fixable, lol

Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

So I take it that some of you guys support M/C's involved with sealing drugs, selling illegal guns, stealing motorcycles, assaulting people and other organized crime because it fits with their 1% image. But if someone wants to start an M/C that operates within the law of the land then that is a problem because it violates some "man code" among criminals. Am I reading that right?

Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
jlp29
Intermediate

I think it has more to do with the fact that the 1% clubs aren't presenting an image of something they aren't, meaning people know who/what/how, not that they actually condone it. The problem most have with the club named here is that they dress up (way overboard) like outlaws, act like bad asses (in the middle of nowhere), put on this persona, then go out of their way to say they aren't outlaws. When confronted by other clubs they then use their LE contacts to handle the situation (which varies). Basically a lot of over night bikers and it's Halloween every day

Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by jlp29
I think it has more to do with the fact that the 1% clubs aren't presenting an image of something they aren't, meaning people know who/what/how, not that they actually condone it. The problem most have with the club named here is that they dress up (way overboard) like outlaws, act like bad asses (in the middle of nowhere), put on this persona, then go out of their way to say they aren't outlaws. When confronted by other clubs they then use their LE contacts to handle the situation (which varies). Basically a lot of over night bikers and it's Halloween every day
How many time have I publicly heard 1% clubs state "they are not involved in crime, they are just a group of motorcycle enthusiasts and are community service oriented, etc., etc.". They present themselves as something they are not all the time.

The IO states exactly who they are and what they are about from what I have seen.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
jlp29
Intermediate

True I guess. Does the mafia come out and say they're mafia? No, they're in waste management or construction or work for the unions. I think where there's the biggest issue is about image/looks/posturing. Why try to look/act outlawish if you're not?
Honestly I could care less either way, I'm just bored and interested kind of like a social experiment

Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
Wait a second.

A handful of outlaw M/C's claim they are the "dominant" club in their respective areas and all other clubs seeking to wear a three piece patch must get approval from them or else. Of course it is evident that they can not enforce this as Iron Order comes along and says, "we don't need permission from anyone to do anything" and proceed to establish chapters all across the United States and internationally. It seems that one side of this story is doing exactly what they said they are going to do and the other one is talking **** that they can not back up.

So tell me, who are the wannabes???
This question is simple enough. The wannabes are the ones dressing up and acting like bad boy bikers, Wearing leather and three piece colors on those evil Harley's.

Where do you think they got the idea to dress that way?

Why a three piece? Hell why not a one piece, or 4 piece.

Why do they have to have a patch at all?

Why aren't they dressed like Sport bikers?

Surely you see that by acting and dressing the way they do they are showing a certain respect for what they supposedly detest.

They say Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Who is IO imitating?

The message being sent is crystal clear except to those blinded by their worldly desires, and their lust to be what they cannot be.

I think I would have a lot more respect for a man or group of men that would just nut-up and admit they dress like bikers because they want to look like bikers. How freaking hard is that?

Old 07-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by MYCRISIS
This question is simple enough. The wannabes are the ones dressing up and acting like bad boy bikers, Wearing leather and three piece colors on those evil Harley's.

Where do you think they got the idea to dress that way?

Why a three piece? Hell why not a one piece, or 4 piece.

Why do they have to have a patch at all?

Why aren't they dressed like Sport bikers?

Surely you see that by acting and dressing the way they do they are showing a certain respect for what they supposedly detest.

They say Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Who is IO imitating?

The message being sent is crystal clear except to those blinded by their worldly desires, and their lust to be what they cannot be.

I think I would have a lot more respect for a man or group of men that would just nut-up and admit they dress like bikers because they want to look like bikers. How freaking hard is that?

They are claiming to be a law abiding M/C that does not conform to the dominant 1% clubs protocol. I figure they can do whatever they want within the bounds of the law of this land. If you have a problem with that then it is your problem, not theirs.

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 07-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?