The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...... My bad

Last edited by SYLM; 04-30-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:30 PM
superman70
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In my young and impressionable youth I ran with a couple of 1% clubs on the east coast. An old grey beard told me; Sonny Boy don't never put no patch on yer back cause it ain't nothing but trouble. Don't spill no blood over who screwed who and who rode where. Ride where you want when you want ; party in moderation ; come to the party early leave early and you'll live longer with fewer scars.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Nope, but guy looked at me funny once when I pointed to his 1%er patch and said "I don't think you should have to pay higher taxes."

Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SYLM
Haha yeah that's why you never "joined" an mc.

I don't think I have heard of any mc in OKC or anywhere ever feel so threatened by a patriot guard patch that they would endanger their own freedom or the reputation of their club.

10-1 odds says this dude is even a bigger douche than his post made him sound
At a meeting at the 2009 national PGR rallye in Ogden, Utah, all members present were informed of a situation in Oklahoma, and told not to wear any PGR insignia while traveling through Oklahoma until the situation was resolved.

I do not recall the details of the situation, nor do I care. This post is only to verify that it happened and I was there at that meeting.

If you, however, care, or doubt this post, here is a link :

http://www.centexpgr.org/news.php?readmore=86 A simple google search will turn up dozens more. The one I posted just happened to be at the top of the list.

Last edited by MNPGRider; 04-30-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:21 PM
kirbyblue
Tourer

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
Couple years ago I saw a movie where a MC took the guys sportster after some guys came into their bar wearing 'Wild Hogs' patches.
That was based on a true story

Old 04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
SYLM
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
At a meeting at the 2009 national PGR rallye in Ogden, Utah, all members present were informed of a situation in Oklahoma, and told not to wear any PGR insignia while traveling through Oklahoma until the situation was resolved.

I do not recall the details of the situation, nor do I care. This post is only to verify that it happened and I was there at that meeting.

If you, however, care, or doubt this post, here is a link :

http://www.centexpgr.org/news.php?readmore=86 A simple google search will turn up dozens more. The one I posted just happened to be at the top of the list.

I remember something about the big triangle back patch a few years back.the part I don't believe is the threat of death. I think the deal was it was supposed to be a small front patch or some ****. Didn't pay much attention to it then because like now it doesn't concern me

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,385 Likes on 6,594 Posts

Originally Posted by CISO1969
OK So here's a question for those in the know:

What about people like myself who don't belong to any club, do not wear colors etc. I am guessing I probably shouldn't stop anyplace with a lot of bikes outside and guys wearing cuts--or am I ok as long as I simply cause no problems?

I know what happens in the movies I know what my gut tells me might happen, just curious from those in that lifestyle if I need to worry.

CISO
I believe this is possibly the dumbest question I've ever seen asked here...

Old 04-30-2014, 09:47 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
I believe this is possibly the dumbest question I've ever seen asked here...
Really?
You need to read more threads

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM
WvDragon
Cruiser

I recently was with my dad at a event a hour or so away from home, and there were a lot of non 1% clubs around like the B.A.C.A.,USMC and various other clubs like these. We had been there long enough to get our tickets and get ready to go in when i notice that my dad is talking to one of his old "buddies". I knew the guy as i had been a year ahead of his son(RIP Johnny). Turns out he is now in the Pagans. We shook hands and talked for a few then he went on his way. Nice guy.

That said club life is not something i want, i know its not close but when i was enrolled in college i did join a frat. After a semster i quit school and the frat cause i was not going to pay to be peoples friend.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:29 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,247 Likes on 12,064 Posts

I had my t-shirt ripped open when I soloed an airplane the first time.
Does that count?

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?