The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,526 Likes on 9,782 Posts

never understood the need to be part of a "club" Only club I was ever a part of was U.S. Army.... if I need 40-50 guys to tell me what to think, and back me up, I don't need to be on a harley anyway. I'd just stay in the clubhouse and sew patches on for everyone else.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 AM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
never understood the need to be part of a "club" Only club I was ever a part of was U.S. Army.... if I need 40-50 guys to tell me what to think, and back me up, I don't need to be on a harley anyway. I'd just stay in the clubhouse and sew patches on for everyone else.

Semantics, You knew the Brotherhood in the Service and probably embraced it it while you were in there. MCs can be the same and fill that post Service void.

As can Masons

As can Elks

As Can VFW

As Can American Legion

As can Booster Organzations (clubs)

As can Golf Club Memberships ........ Et Al ..... Ad Infinitum

..... and Yes ... Just As Even Membership in HD Forums.....

You sure signed up to be surrounded by like minded interested people didnt you?

Enjoy Your Membership

LOL

Haole

Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CISO1969
That's John C. McGinley, he played "Red" O'Neill in Platoon, was one of the two Bobs in "Office Space" and was on "Scrubs" He is hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing at that scene.

Bill Macy played the nerd. Strangely wearing a WWII US Army tanker helmet (easily a $250-450 dollar item last time I checked)--not something you'd want to actually wear riding--but I understand it was for the style to define his character.

OK So here's a question for those in the know:

What about people like myself who don't belong to any club, do not wear colors etc. I am guessing I probably shouldn't stop anyplace with a lot of bikes outside and guys wearing cuts--or am I ok as long as I simply cause no problems?

I know what happens in the movies I know what my gut tells me might happen, just curious from those in that lifestyle if I need to worry.

CISO
Not being in a club,not wearing a vest,no patches,no dumbass stickers on your helmet,all those things brand you as an individual. One with a brain,who can form thoughts without someone else telling you what to think,or how to act. Scary ****,eh? Very threatening. I frequent a little joint in the mountains of eastern Washington. The Bandidos,Christian Brotherhood,and Gypsy Jokers hang there on occasion. Mostly insecure posers in the Bandidos,save a few of the old guard,the CB's are good dudes,not trying to be something they're not. Jokers are ok,too. I go in whether there are 1 or 50 of 'em. It's not THEIR establishment,so f--k 'em. Go about your business,which is none of theirs.

Last edited by Twistnride; 04-30-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,526 Likes on 9,782 Posts

Originally Posted by HAOLE
Semantics, You knew the Brotherhood in the Service and probably embraced it it while you were in there. MCs can be the same and fill that post Service void.

As can Masons

As can Elks

As Can VFW

As Can American Legion

As can Booster Organzations (clubs)

As can Golf Club Memberships ........ Et Al ..... Ad Infinitum

..... and Yes ... Just As Even Membership in HD Forums.....

You sure signed up to be surrounded by like minded interested people didnt you?

Enjoy Your Membership

LOL

Haole

No, actually signed up to learn the mechanics of the bike. Main section I hang out in, is the political discussion, just to laugh at the liberals I understand why people do it, but it ain't for me. I have yet to ride with anyone but the OL and my daughter. The bike is for me.... it's my therapy.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:02 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,845 Likes on 2,298 Posts

I went to a HOG meeting last year at Country Kitchen Buffet. After sampling the goods, I got really bad stomach cramps and had to run to the restroom. When I came out, one guy held me down and the president pulled my patch and pin right there. I had to do the walk of shame and they told me to never come back.

Last edited by MiniWolf; 04-30-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:04 PM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
No, actually signed up to learn the mechanics of the bike. Main section I hang out in, is the political discussion, just to laugh at the liberals I understand why people do it, but it ain't for me. I have yet to ride with anyone but the OL and my daughter. The bike is for me.... it's my therapy.

I get what your saying, but your observation and premise of Club Membership is skewed to a negative light, I dont need 40-50 telling me what to think or do nor do they. Rules of the Club seem pretty common sense and straight foward to me so there is never an issue for me I would voluntarily live those standards anyway.

Much like you dont have a problem following society's laws (makes you a law biding member of the society club at large dont it? ...LOL) or gravitating to a forum for mechanically inclined persons for knowledge and personal benefit

it would have sufficed to say that that environment isnt for you ... rather than make a broad brush to stroke Patch Holders as sheeple incapable of independent thought.

I incidently share your observation of Wind Therapy over Psychotherapy

Haole

Last edited by HAOLE; 04-30-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Nitetrain
Exactly the kind of b/s politics that keeps me from joining any MC... Anyone tries to remove a patch off my riding vest, it won't end well....There is an MC in Oklahoma that threatened death to any Patriot Gaurd Riders wearing the large PGR triangle back patch in Ok. They feel it's flying "colors" so we have been warned.... Not many riders pay much attention to that...

uh huh....

Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM
logdon17
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last summer I was at an patio beach bar on the South Shore of Boston which is Outlaw territory. A couple guys from an Outlaw support club were having some drinks and a guy walked in wearing a prison orange T-shirt with "81" on the front. The guys started giving him the evil eye but the guy totally ignored them. When he turned around, it said "Hernandez" on the back (as in "Aaron Hernandez, the Patriot player in jail for murder"). I just laughed and then doubled checked by shirt to make sure I was in the clear.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilemma
And how does a Power Club differ from a regular club? Or, is a Power Club a section of regular club?
This is a Power Club. They are relatively easy to spot.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 87 Posts

^ rice burner attire

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?