The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:56 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

At a recent swap meet near Charlotte NC you could see anyone that had enough money to get a patch embroidered there.
I saw the Outlaws which is the dominant 1% club in NC or at least in the Charlotte area. A group called the Scuzzbuckets were there, Ghost Riders, HOG, Patriot Guard and many family clubs.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Justin327
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Was at a local motorcycle event yesterday. Looked like at least 40% of the attendees were wearing some sort of singe or 3 piece patch. Some of the single patch "riding clubs" had an "MC" within the patch, some had it on the outside as a separate patch. We only spotted 3 HA's there, but with 4 obvious hangs arounds. No HA prospects, and no patched Pagans seen. Some of the club names made us chuckle. "Devils" this, or "Disciples of" yada yada. We started making up interesting club names like "Big Peckers MC". or "Chicken Chokers MC", with an appropriate graphic on the patch. Everyone trying to look like a badass.
What do you expect, if it was a city event half of them are sport bike clubs under the ghetto coalition.....I think that speaks for itself.

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
I saw a bunch of guys with green bandanas on their sporties the other day at the Hog Shoppe in Levittown... Must have been prospects as they just had a Green outlined New York rocker on their vest with no top rocker or anything else on them yet. I parked next to them and they ignored my existence...
The Hog Shoppe's been out bad from the MC community on LI for quite some time now, for reasons which I will not go into in a public forum....those guys must have been VERY new to the scene, or unfriendlys.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:52 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by Justin327
What do you expect, if it was a city event half of them are sport bike clubs under the ghetto coalition.....I think that speaks for itself.

The Hog Shoppe's been out bad from the MC community on LI for quite some time now, for reasons which I will not go into in a public forum....those guys must have been VERY new to the scene, or unfriendlys.

They are close to me and I needed new glasses, I had no clue...

Last edited by NiteOwlNY; 04-09-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by E8USMCRET
At a recent swap meet near Charlotte NC you could see anyone that had enough money to get a patch embroidered there.
I saw the Outlaws which is the dominant 1% club in NC or at least in the Charlotte area. A group called the Scuzzbuckets were there, Ghost Riders, HOG, Patriot Guard and many family clubs.
I totally miss that swap meet since I moved out of that area. Best event ever (as far as swap meets go). You're talkin about the one at the Metrolina, right?

Old 04-09-2014, 05:49 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I totally miss that swap meet since I moved out of that area. Best event ever (as far as swap meets go). You're talkin about the one at the Metrolina, right?
That's the one, they have the titty girls come on at the end once everyone's had enough to drink. Most times, I'd rather pay the girls to put there tops back on, not exactly material for a "Girls, Girls, Girls" Crue video.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in the sticks. There is one around here. I won't mention their name, but they are definitely no big deal. But they try....

Old 04-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Divemaster
Cruiser

We have the 1%s here in Texas.....Everyone knows who they are...they won't bother you...besides that most of them are veterans...

Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 AM
CISO1969
Cruiser

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
You found the bar scene in Wild Hogs unbelievalbe? The gay cop scared me !Just say'n.....
That's John C. McGinley, he played "Red" O'Neill in Platoon, was one of the two Bobs in "Office Space" and was on "Scrubs" He is hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing at that scene.

Bill Macy played the nerd. Strangely wearing a WWII US Army tanker helmet (easily a $250-450 dollar item last time I checked)--not something you'd want to actually wear riding--but I understand it was for the style to define his character.

OK So here's a question for those in the know:

What about people like myself who don't belong to any club, do not wear colors etc. I am guessing I probably shouldn't stop anyplace with a lot of bikes outside and guys wearing cuts--or am I ok as long as I simply cause no problems?

I know what happens in the movies I know what my gut tells me might happen, just curious from those in that lifestyle if I need to worry.

CISO

Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Fozzy4325
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup.... a few times.

I have also watched the Sgt at arms remove the patch off of one who was kicked out of the club in bad standing.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 840 Likes on 378 Posts

I've seen it happen before. It's dramatic and traumatic to the person(s) involved but it's never been any of my business. You have to remember 1% clubs are 100% commited to protecting their interests. And a lot of times their interests may seem trivial to outsiders but again, it's none of outsiders business. I fully believe though that if you are in this motorcycle world, and spend time going places and doing things around other riders, it behooves you to learn at least the basics of protocol in your area. If you live in one clubs territory, understand that they're gonna look twice at a rider that's maybe wearing another clubs colors. Even if it's no way related, it's their nature to be on the lookout and it could get you in a situation. Most times not a bad situation, especially if you're cool and understanding of the deal. Take the info they give you and make a note. They know every person isn't a rival member or supporter so most times it doesn't escalate. Now go wearing support gear and you're in another group of circumstances and frankly you better be able to hold your mud if confronted. Otherwise don't bother owning support gear in the first place. You're a supporter or you aren't... No 1/2 way about stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?