The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:38 PM
elec2glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have on all the correct Harley factory attire on. With the dealership t-shirt. I am not worthy myself after receiving a look of loathing from the boothies for not joining at the last dealer event. Dudes were looking seriously pissed but to be honest I did not have any Harley Jeans or boots to wear.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Im pretty good in a caps lock fight but always loose in the stare down competition.
I know,got my *** handed to me by this broad......................................

Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by elec2glide
Did you have on all the correct Harley factory attire on. With the dealership t-shirt. I am not worthy myself after receiving a look of loathing from the boothies for not joining at the last dealer event. Dudes were looking seriously pissed but to be honest I did not have any Harley Jeans or boots to wear.
I feel ya' bro. Just the other day,the HOG fashion squad busted me for not having one piece of gear that said "Harley Davidson" on it. Them dudes are ruthless

Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,177 Likes on 6,713 Posts

Do you suppose it was the "Free Justin Bieber" T-shirt?

Old 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Do you suppose it was the "Free Justin Bieber" T-shirt?
EPIC!!
Seriously, you can't just "join" a HOG Chapter. There is the hangaround period which lasts a couple of hours, where you sit down with the service manager and review your extended warranty agreement and assure hi you will not attempt to change your own fluids and change your own brake pads, etc. Then you need to prospect for an hour or so where you make sure the french vanilla creamer and sugar packets stay full next to the complementary coffee area, just don't get carried away and try to make the coffee, their insurance will not cover mild scalding during pot transfer mishaps. After this grueling period of at least several hours, if your credit is approved and buy a couple of drink holders and tee shirts from the on-site Harley boutique, you can be approved as a full patch HOG member. That's the problem, no one wants to go through the tough process, they just want the glory and the babes right out of the gate.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crex39
EPIC!!
Seriously, you can't just "join" a HOG Chapter. There is the hangaround period which lasts a couple of hours, where you sit down with the service manager and review your extended warranty agreement and assure hi you will not attempt to change your own fluids and change your own brake pads, etc. Then you need to prospect for an hour or so where you make sure the french vanilla creamer and sugar packets stay full next to the complementary coffee area, just don't get carried away and try to make the coffee, their insurance will not cover mild scalding during pot transfer mishaps. After this grueling period of at least several hours, if your credit is approved and buy a couple of drink holders and tee shirts from the on-site Harley boutique, you can be approved as a full patch HOG member. That's the problem, no one wants to go through the tough process, they just want the glory and the babes right out of the gate.
See I shut up while Twisted and OS broke the agreement and this dude stole all my lines.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:28 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never did make "the cut". Get it Bear made a funny? Now laugh or I will ****** that little 2014 pin right off your pretty little overpriced vest and insert it where I think it it belongs.

No doughnuts for you on the "breakfast run". Heck that two miles is a long haul anyway.

Hey nice leather hat on that stuffed animal on the trike trunk.

You missed the spot right above your privates I think you can fit two more patches right there.

Do these vest extenders with the skulls make my *** look big?

Is Willie G going to make the State run?

Hey the "Ladies of HOG" really did a good job decorating the walkers at the Christmas party this year.

Look at me my vest says "Chapter" I bet the cages wont tailgate me now.

This year you need to ride to all the towns that start with the first letters of each word this sentence: Spend All Of Your Time Buying More Overpriced Crap In The Mo Clothing Section And Look Bad ***.

Man glad I got all of that out of my head. I feel so free now. I am just kidding here before anyone decides to call 911. There are actually some very nice people in the nearest happy hog's.

Now for the OP a serious question: How the heck did you get banned from a marketing strategy? Dude you must really have a serious cranial **** inversion ... just sayin.

Last edited by GrumpyBear; 01-25-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
I do have a serious question about HOG members ....

Do you think it's about being a PH or the brotherhood? I don't know anyone that rides with these guys so I can't answer the question. Seems to me the average Joe doesn't know the difference between a HOG patch and club patch, unless of course it's a club with notoriety. Perhaps they are adding some of the "bad boy" image to their daily life, I really don't know.

Serious question.

OS
Ok flame on. I have a friend who was a member so I joined a local ride to eat club in 05. I made some good friends over the years that are members who like to ride long distance a couple weeks at a time, which is good enough for me. The rest is not my thing, club rides to the local diner, hanging at the dealer, going to the rallies, vests with patches, dew rags, large crowds no thanks I pass. There are jag offs in most clubs and the local ride to eat club has there share, which is more amusing than anything else. I don't care what you ride, how or when as long as you ain't pissin on my day.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:26 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the dealers don't want anyone in HOG that does not wear moco gear and does their own work...no money to be made there. god forbid that you tell the guys how easy it is to change their own fluids and where to get better tires for less money on the internet. do not help someone do their own stage 1 with parts they ordered on line--you are now on double secret probation.

then we come to the clowns that are officers in the chapter...usually little hitler(sorry if this is politically incorrect) types that just love bossing people around and having their way on things. their wives and girlfriends are as bad of worse. give them a clip board, take a number, and do as you are told.

now comes the only possible reason for joining HOG...the "discount" you may receive on parts and service. this is after you join the national and local chapter and pay your annual dues. somewhere around $500 of purchases you break even--just remember that discounts do not apply to sale items and specials. the thing to remember is that you have to go to the dealer to take advantage of the discounts, and the dealer gets another chance at selling you even more overpriced goods and services. i do give the moco for coming up with an excellent marketing tool to separate you from your money.

now is time for you to clowns to say--hey, i get free towing with my membership. the basic package will barely get you loaded on the tow truck and paying for the upgrade is cheaper from your insurance company than it is from HOG. the discount from best western is no better than the discounts offered thru AARP and many other discounts that are offered to the public--and you have to stay at one of the poorer motel chains.

the dealer usually furnishes the donuts and coffee...they are pretty much available to any customer that walks in the door that might possibly spend some money at the store. you clowns that belong to HOG need to put on your pirate outfit and ride up to the dealer and drink some moco kool-aid. be strong and do not waver in your support--harley needs the money.

the next time you buy a new bike try this: right before you sign on the dotted line, tell the salesman he has a deal as long as you can get the same discounts offered to HOG members for as long as you own the bike without joining HOG. with the mark-up they have on goods and services, that is a deal they can live with. after they agree to that, tell them you want the price of the "free" first year membership deducted from the price too. they are not going to let you walk out the door over that either.

i have always wondered how many guys that have a HOG patch or pin on their vests got it the first year with the "free" membership are still members. do they leave it on the vest because they are afraid that it might mess up the vest if they tried to remove it?

Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

"Put that coffee down!"

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?