The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:59 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by chef42974
I'm 39 yo and have been riding since I was 16. I have owned many different brands of Bikes and was always of the school that it does not matter what you ride just that you ride. Today I went to my local Harley dealer where they were having an open house. I watched a guy pull up in a BMW with his wife and 2 kids and be went in side. I went in right after him and was watching him look at the bikes. He told the sales man that he was a "Biker" and wanted to get some info on a new Harley. The salesman said that they were doing test rides today and if he had gear he could try a 2014 out to see if be liked it. The man said "gear"? The salesman said you know boots jacket gloves helmet you know gear. The man said he did not own any but wanted to know if be bought a bike with out riding it if the dealer would throw in all the gear oh yeah and he wanted to know what the final price would be on the bike he was sitting on. The salesman said have you ever rode a motorcycle before and the man said no but my friend at work has one and he said its not hard and that I looked like a Biker because of his beard. So there for he tells people he's a Biker. So I'm standing there and I am pondering what I just heard and I thought. Am I a Biker? I ride allot. I own 3 bikes. I have a well paying full time job and a daughter. I never thought of myself as a "Biker". What makes you a biker? Anyway thought I would share this story with you all. Hope you find it as strange as I did.

Ride safe.
I have to admit I never fully read the first post. I thought oh hell another stupid what is a biker or are you a biker thread.

I gotta be perfectly honest with you. I think made that lame *** story up. It is full of bullshit. I believe you may have gone to the dealership but I think you made the story up to get a lame thread started.

Sorry just calling it as I see it.

PS I drive a BMW and if I was forced to say it I'd say I am more of a biker than you will ever be. And I'd never ever make up some bullshit story that fed on stereotypes to get attention either.

I may make up a story to get some ***** but I am only a man. Like the time I told the chick I was a door gunner on the space shuttle.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Somebody walks through my garage door whether they're a Biker or not doesn't exactly come up as the first thing I wonder about them, it's probably quite far down the list come to think of it.

So Dicky's "Who gives a crap" works well.

As far as whether I think I'm a Biker, see my first tag line.

Al

Old 10-15-2013, 12:57 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Yet another "Am I a biker?" crap thread. Get over it.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Yeah, those turd threads were a lot more fun.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Interesting. I squeezed out a loaf not more than 2 minutes ago. It was epic!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by MYCRISIS
Yeah, those turd threads were a lot more fun.
Don't worry, winter's around the corner. lol

Old 10-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Joeozark
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first set of wheels was a Cushman scooter and that was in 1963. Always liked the sensation of being on two wheels. Had two four cylinder Hondas, then a 02 Sporty. Now I have an 09 Super Glide. Am I a biker? Hell no! Don't want to be.
I ride for the fun of it, not to make a statement. I don't live on the road, I like my own bed to much. What kind of crap is this anyway?:icon_deadh orse:

Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

So I read these threads about who is a biker or not a biker or what someone says a biker should be and I go through several “emotions” most of them are not what folks would consider happy thoughts.

Here is my question- Who cares? It is 2013 -we are adults- why is this always a topic? If someone wants to consider themselves a biker and all they have is the T-shirt well good on them it doesn’t change anything in my life doesn’t harm me or benefit me. If someone wants to consider themselves a biker or doesn’t want to be considered a biker or in the case of many of us, don’t really care one way or another well then so be it. Each man and woman has to create their own way forward.

Personally, I consider my life pretty full and I have a wide variety of things that make me what I am. Some of those labels are actually important to me. Like husband, friend, boss, ethical, honorable, compassionate, courageous, honest.

Anyhow, I think the whole spirit of the thing is biker speaks towards freedom and maybe a bit of anti the norm. As I think about the word and what it means I am pretty sure a biker is someone who doesn’t care who or what considers themselves a biker.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM
elec2glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't consider myself a Biker but I do ride a lot. Got my first Harley made by AMF in the 6th grade and have had bikes ever since. I'm a family man with an itch to ride and here in the South we have plenty of riding to do. If you ride pass me I wave cause I'm having fun sorry but not souled out to Harley just like em. I ain't no 1% don't look for sheet to get into but don't back away neither. Love to ride with our friends, the more the better and get new friends every time we ride.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Looked it up in Urban Dictionary. Have fun.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=biker

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?