The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
I wear clothes from pretty much every store but the Harley dealer, my helmet is old style metal flake, I wear thick rimmed glasses because it is almost impossible to find anything else that fits my face nowadays, I have a chain on my wallet because I've lost 2 in the past and don't want to make it 3, I have a vest because I want pockets and don't like backpacks, I wear sneakers sometimes, other times I wear boots, etc, etc, etc.

I am a biker. Why? Well, for one, I don't have a car... Two, I don't give a **** what you, or anyone, thinks a biker is. Pretty sure that is the first rule of biker club from back in the 40s and 50s... doing your thing regardless of what other people think. I ride rain, shine, hot, cold, and everything in between and I love it. I would rather be on a bike than in a car in all situations except when I have to go grocery shopping and when there is ice/snow on the road.

That all said, I don't think I'm a badass. I don't walk around trying to be a biker, I just am one by nature. That doesn't mean I don't wash, or that I don't own nice clothes, or that I don't have a job and money in the bank, or any of the other stuff the general public associates with the term "biker". I ride a bike all the time, therefore I am a biker. Pretty easy.
Your a dedicated rider is all that description means and since I don't know you lets just say biker is whole different animal , it's about the man not his ride or habits and it isn't the stereotype so many try to portray . You may or may be only time & how you speak in here will tell that . . Welcome to the hood man

Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Am I a biker? I dunno, I just lurk here for the synthetic vs, dino, and the "did you see the Sons of Anarchy last night" threads.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

The video was pretty good, like any other form of recreation there are always those that dump a wad of cash and walk out the door with everything the salesman can get them to buy. Was in an archery shop years back with my son getting his bow tuned and picking up some arrows when a man and his boy came in. I heard them telling the counter guy they just passed their hunter saftey course and wanted to get into bow hunting. Have no idea how much this guy spent but remember thinking good for him if he has the dough and wants to try it out. But back to being a biker i never really gave a chit what others think I ride because it's just an incredible way to spend time your time off and see the country.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:31 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Everything is perception..you are and will be what the people around you think you are.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:49 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm been a motorcycle enthusiast for 43 years. Never had any interest on being a biker or worrying about other peoples business. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irish883
I wear clothes from pretty much every store but the Harley dealer, my helmet is old style metal flake, I wear thick rimmed glasses because it is almost impossible to find anything else that fits my face nowadays, I have a chain on my wallet because I've lost 2 in the past and don't want to make it 3, I have a vest because I want pockets and don't like backpacks, I wear sneakers sometimes, other times I wear boots, etc, etc, etc.

I am a biker. Why? Well, for one, I don't have a car... Two, I don't give a **** what you, or anyone, thinks a biker is. Pretty sure that is the first rule of biker club from back in the 40s and 50s... doing your thing regardless of what other people think. I ride rain, shine, hot, cold, and everything in between and I love it. I would rather be on a bike than in a car in all situations except when I have to go grocery shopping and when there is ice/snow on the road.

That all said, I don't think I'm a badass. I don't walk around trying to be a biker, I just am one by nature. That doesn't mean I don't wash, or that I don't own nice clothes, or that I don't have a job and money in the bank, or any of the other stuff the general public associates with the term "biker". I ride a bike all the time, therefore I am a biker. Pretty easy.

This is just a funny subject that seems to pop up here all the time. My thoughts are better kept to myself. However I did want to post and say that is one funny cat picture you have there.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:13 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,908 Likes on 828 Posts

I know some bikers; old school ****. I know I'm not one.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:51 AM
SinisterX
Road Warrior
Received 1,362 Likes on 473 Posts

As I have stated before on this subject. I'm just scooter trash, posing as a biker, wishing I was a RUB.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Your a dedicated rider is all that description means and since I don't know you lets just say biker is whole different animal , it's about the man not his ride or habits and it isn't the stereotype so many try to portray . You may or may be only time & how you speak in here will tell that . . Welcome to the hood man
Fair enough and thanks. I guess I've always just taken the word at face value rather than reading into it as a sub-culture thing. Like when I used to play the drums back in the day I was a drummer. I guess using that example I am a "motorcyclist", *shrug*. On that note, I will use my catch all... to each their own.

Originally Posted by GrumpyBear
This is just a funny subject that seems to pop up here all the time. My thoughts are better kept to myself. However I did want to post and say that is one funny cat picture you have there.
Gotta love missile cat. If you don't, that bastard will find you...

Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Ratbike_Mike
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biker? Pfff.

I'm more like a Vespa-scootin' badass straight outta hell, kid. Got my chain. Got my bandanna. And hellz yeah, those are flip-flops ya see on my feet, mother f*@!ker! Whatcha' gonna do about it? HUH?!?! FU and your labels!!!!!

*SPIT*

Last edited by Ratbike_Mike; 09-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?