The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM
JaySwear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My facial hair can be a little spotty. I'm only a biker if you see me at the right angle.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Shep68
Road Master

Originally Posted by Benway
Is that Brad video a put-on? It can't be serious
I hate these "biker" threads and swore I'd never post in another one, but I just watched that vid and had to comment. That thing is outstanding. My favorite part I think is when the cameraman says all sarcastic while laughing, "yeah, I don't know anything about bikes". That's gold right there. Gold.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM
oneballz
Road Captain

So what, Who cares, he'll just be adding to the pool of good condition lightly used bikes.

In 5 years he'll be selling a used 2014 StreetGlide with extra helmets 5000 miles garage kept.

Mind your own business and stay out of his.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:38 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by benway

on topic: If you call yourself a biker, you're mostly likely not.

I AM A BIKER!

****, some of you act like its a naughty word.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:52 PM
kraydog
Cruiser

Just a poser myself ! LOL

Old 09-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Gimp
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
TO ME...
I ride a bike, so I'm a bike rider but I'm not a biker. I was in the early 70s.

TO ME...
A biker is someone who's in a motorcyle club, that has a MC patch. Riding club members aren't bikers, they're bike riders who are just in a club.
TO ME...
This definition also includes lone-wolf riders like Jeff over there. If you wanna tell him he ain't a biker, go for it. I'll stand a little further over here.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That video was hilarious! What a colossal douche!! "This is like a 5000lb motorcycle" It's a street bike, you can't do wheelies on a street bike" "You don't know much about motorcycles do you?" LMMFAO! Kudos to the camera man for bringing out the full douchebaggery and recording it!!

Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

I wear clothes from pretty much every store but the Harley dealer, my helmet is old style metal flake, I wear thick rimmed glasses because it is almost impossible to find anything else that fits my face nowadays, I have a chain on my wallet because I've lost 2 in the past and don't want to make it 3, I have a vest because I want pockets and don't like backpacks, I wear sneakers sometimes, other times I wear boots, etc, etc, etc.

I am a biker. Why? Well, for one, I don't have a car... Two, I don't give a **** what you, or anyone, thinks a biker is. Pretty sure that is the first rule of biker club from back in the 40s and 50s... doing your thing regardless of what other people think. I ride rain, shine, hot, cold, and everything in between and I love it. I would rather be on a bike than in a car in all situations except when I have to go grocery shopping and when there is ice/snow on the road.

That all said, I don't think I'm a badass. I don't walk around trying to be a biker, I just am one by nature. That doesn't mean I don't wash, or that I don't own nice clothes, or that I don't have a job and money in the bank, or any of the other stuff the general public associates with the term "biker". I ride a bike all the time, therefore I am a biker. Pretty easy.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Some of you people put too much into a word. If you ride a motorcycle I'm pretty sure someone in your neighborhood has referred to you as that biker dude down the street. I have a boat so that makes me a boater. I don't think I have to qualify to be called a boater, in fact most boaters aren't even afraid to admit that they're boaters. I really think the OP made this entire story up anyhow.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?