The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:48 AM
FLHTK_2013
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jojo2dog
I"m 70 and catch flack all the time, been rideing since I was 14 started out on a wizard and moved up to a Cushman and on to motorcycles, no beard or chaps, short hair, have been told you don"t look like a biker, most of the time wear jeans, shirt, jacket, boots and a helmet, dress for comfort could care less what people think,
Hear-Hear!!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 AM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

again im a motorcycle enthusiast. who like to buy chrome and other things just because I can..... and that brad is a dipshit and it was very funny and to the op that guy you seen was as big a dipshit as brad in the video

Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 AM
amf232
Intermediate

I like pizza and beer.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 AM
31choptop
Tourer

sheet ! I don't have a beard

Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Is that Brad video a put-on? It can't be serious.

On topic: If you call yourself a biker, you're mostly likely not.

Last edited by Benway; 09-22-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's truly amazing what you'll hear in a Harley showroom. Eavesdropping can be VERY entertaining in a dealer!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:14 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by chef42974
Am I a Biker? I ride allot. I own 3 bikes. I have a well paying full time job and a daughter. I never thought of myself as a "Biker". What makes you a biker? Anyway thought I would share this story with you all. Hope you find it as strange as I did.

Actually what I find strange is that you would follow a complete stranger into a store after making note of the make and model vehicle he drove. Then lurk nearby and eavesdrop on his conversation with the salesman so you could start a thread about it on the forums.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
kokemill
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I quit shaving this morning, I already noticed even the baggers with no helmets are waving at me.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:45 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

Originally Posted by chef42974
I'm 39 yo and have been riding since I was 16. I have owned many different brands of Bikes and was always of the school that it does not matter what you ride just that you ride. Today I went to my local Harley dealer where they were having an open house. I watched a guy pull up in a BMW with his wife and 2 kids and be went in side. I went in right after him and was watching him look at the bikes. He told the sales man that he was a "Biker" and wanted to get some info on a new Harley. The salesman said that they were doing test rides today and if he had gear he could try a 2014 out to see if be liked it. The man said "gear"? The salesman said you know boots jacket gloves helmet you know gear. The man said he did not own any but wanted to know if be bought a bike with out riding it if the dealer would throw in all the gear oh yeah and he wanted to know what the final price would be on the bike he was sitting on. The salesman said have you ever rode a motorcycle before and the man said no but my friend at work has one and he said its not hard and that I looked like a Biker because of his beard. So there for he tells people he's a Biker. So I'm standing there and I am pondering what I just heard and I thought. Am I a Biker? I ride allot. I own 3 bikes. I have a well paying full time job and a daughter. I never thought of myself as a "Biker". What makes you a biker? Anyway thought I would share this story with you all. Hope you find it as strange as I did.

Ride safe.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
Is that Brad video a put-on? It can't be serious.

On topic: If you call yourself a biker, you're mostly likely not.
Happens every day. That's how come there are 2-4 year old bikes on the market with less than 1,000 miles :-)

I'm 52, been riding since I was 8, dirt bikes till I was 15, bought my first Harley in 1975, now own multiple Harley's and love to ride them, putting somewhere between 30k-40k a year on average. I wear comfortable boots that just happened to come from Harley, but you'd only know it if you were looking at the bottom of them, along with jeans and a shirt that is comfortable for the weather, same with a jacket. I have leathers and rain gear that I wear when the weather dictates I need them, and a helmet I wear in the rain or when riding the interstate or in bigger cities. I have fingerless gloves that I wear because they are comfortable. I keep my bikes clean and in good repair, and all of them have chrome and extras on them that are functional and that I like, but I don't spend hours polishing after every ride. My hair is either medium to long by west Texas standards depending on how I feel, and I have a goatee, not a full beard...and really don't care what anyone thinks about it or calls me because of it.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?